Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Carrucci on Grads « previous next »
Page: 1

gone

Hall of Famer
: October 12, 2006, 05:32:17 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9723513

Bruce Gradkowski is being overshadowed right now by top draft choices Reggie Bush, Vince Young and Matt Leinart, but he's not being outplayed. In Week 5, Young, Leinart and Gradkowski all made starts. Statistically, Gradkowski played a much better game than all of them, but he has yet to get much credit for his success. I would imagine had the Bucs beat the Saints, he would be all over the news. So did Bruce just have some beginner's luck or is he really a diamond in the rough for Tampa Bay who will continue to make his presence known? -- Shane A.; Salem, Ore.

I'm voting for diamond in the rough.

At 6-foot-1 and 220 pounds, Gradkowski is a solidly built athlete with a good arm and the ability to make all the throws necessary to be an NFL quarterback. He has a quick release and exceptional accuracy. He also is quick enough on his feet to avoid pressure, but is a tough competitor who can stand up to pressure and contact.

The quality that serves Gradkowski best in Jon Gruden's horizontal-style passing game is that he has superb touch and timing on underneath routes. Gradkowski knows just how far to lead receivers, which allows them to usually catch the ball in stride. He also has the ability to get into a rhythm with his receivers and stay in it for long stretches.

Granted, because he is a rookie, the Buccaneers have simplified their offense. He had two weeks to prepare for his NFL debut against New Orleans. He will have only had a week to get ready to face the Bengals in Week 6.

But whatever he lacks in structure and knowledge, he can pick up the slack with his considerable raw talent and athleticism. "

dabucfan

Second String
#1 : October 12, 2006, 05:35:40 PM

Nice read.  Thanks!

TDTB

Second String

#2 : October 12, 2006, 05:36:34 PM

Hope he is right. Who really knows though.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 12, 2006, 05:41:52 PM

Certainly reason for optimism in that all of the analysts on the various networks have praised Bruce so far. But, as we all know, it only takes one bad game for them to throw you under the bus too. Still, I hope it's the diamond in the rough option too. Bruce just has to keep building on what he's done and knows and I think he'll do that.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#4 : October 12, 2006, 11:19:38 PM

That offense was expanded, not simplified last week.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 12, 2006, 11:27:14 PM

He played better than Simms did this year.  That is the first glimmer of hope.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 13, 2006, 01:02:47 AM

I wonder if OBF asked the original question?  An Oregon guy asking about a former Ohio QB now running the Bucs offense?  Things that make you go hmmmmm.....

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#7 : October 13, 2006, 01:36:58 AM

Isn't it a compliment to our recruiting staff that over the past few years since Grudens inception, there has been one rookie per season who has shined and made a tremendous impact?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 13, 2006, 01:38:13 AM

Isn't it a compliment to our recruiting staff that over the past few years since Grudens inception, there has been one rookie per season who has shined and made a tremendous impact?

Grads hasn't so much shined as he has shown some sparkle.  It fades quick if he can't prove he is a gem.  One game does a career not make.  Unless it is your last one.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#9 : October 13, 2006, 01:46:25 AM

True dude, in regards to Grad I was speaking hypothetically. A BIG IF.

*wink-wink*

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#10 : October 13, 2006, 09:16:37 AM

I wonder if OBF asked the original question?  An Oregon guy asking about a former Ohio QB now running the Bucs offense?  Things that make you go hmmmmm.....

LOL, that's the first thing I thought of Boid!!!

Nice read. All I wish for is a franchise QB. I don't care who he is, what he looks like, or who his daddy is. I thought Simms was going to be that guy. Now I hope and pray Bruce is that guy that has been alluding this franchise for 30 years.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#11 : October 13, 2006, 09:18:08 AM

Nice read, now lets keep him healthy  and behind center for a few years before we get another QB injury....

T

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 13, 2006, 10:21:14 AM

Every year I prepare myself to see more than 1 QB starting for the Bucs. Until the offensive line is fixed the Bucs will never have one QB start all 16 games. Gradkowski has more TD passes than the over hyped Big Ben, now that's funny.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 13, 2006, 10:23:51 AM

Every year I prepare myself to see more than 1 QB starting for the Bucs. Until the offensive line is fixed the Bucs will never have one QB start all 16 games.

Treu and very sad.   >:(

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Carrucci on Grads « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools