Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Tampa Tribune is a joke « previous next »
Page: 1

Yakuza Rich

Rookie

: November 27, 2008, 12:30:50 PM

So, this morning I opened my front door and picked up my copy of the Tampa Tribune expecting to see a picture of a bloody Indian woman or something and a headline like "Horror in Mumbai" or "Gunmen Reign Chaos in India."

Instead, the headline was "One Big Happy Family" and the front section was fifteen pages of brainless fluff about Thanksgiving.  The Mumbai massacre was relegated to page 9 of the op/ed section.

This is why the Tampa Tribune continues to lose readers at an alarming rate.  Not that the St. Pete Times is much better (note to John Romano: Joe Maddon winning Manager of the Year is not worthy of putting a column on the front page, and you SHOULD have discussed Tony Dungy's homophobia during your five-part interview series with him last summer, instead of ignoring it completely), but at least they still focus on hard news much more than the Trib.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 28, 2008, 01:29:18 AM

All the papers are on the brink of extinction right now with so much traffic on the internet for quicker news.  I do like the NYT because they add so much more background and historical information on major subjects than any other daily I know of. 

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#2 : November 28, 2008, 11:05:22 AM

Trib probably thought Fox, CNN was already over covering the Mumbai.

Most city papers are becoming more regional and letting national media and internet cover worldwide events. I wouldn't go to the Trib for national news anyway.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 29, 2008, 02:05:43 AM

true true that

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Tampa Tribune is a joke « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools