Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yucc's Off-Season Plans « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« : November 28, 2008, 04:05:17 PM »

Knowing the team is going to have some player movement this off-season as of now must can see a few positions of need along with a few other questions surrounding a few more.

Based off of not much actual thought here are some things I would like to see happen this off-season.

In free agency there are 8 players that could be added to the Bucs that could but the team over the top for the next 5 years.

DT Albert Haynesworth  - Best interior player in the game

DE Terrell Suggs -  would allow Adams to shift to the the other side where his speed would be more useful

CB Daunta Robinson - With Barber slowing down Robinson could come on the cheap considering he is coming off a knee injury, solid tackler

S Sean Jones or Brodney Pool - Young decent in coverage solid tacklers  -With both Will Allen and Phillips being free agents think Phillips will comand more then either Pool or Jones adn would allow the team some insurance in case Sabby isnt ready.

OLB Jonathan Vilma - Can play either inside or outside has some familiarity with the Tampa 2 with Brooks nearing the end and June having only one more season left on his contract.

WR Lance Moore - Would allow the team release Galloway and bring him back if he still has anything left

OT Max Starks - Gives the team insurance incase of an injury to either Penn or Trueblood who has played both the right and left side.

Sign McNabb after the Eagles cut him

2009 NFL DRAFT
1. Jeremy Maclin WR
2. LeSean  McCoy RB
3. Vance Walker DT
4. Joe Burnett CB
5. Ramses Barden WR
6. Connor Barwin DE
7. Marquez Bronson FB

2009 ROSTER
QB McNabb / McCown / Johnson
RB Graham / Williams / McCoy
FB  Askew  / Bronson
TE Smith  /Stevens / Gilmore
WR Bryant / Clayton / Moore / Maclin / Barden / Stovall
OT Penn / Trueblood / Starks / Lee
G Joseph / Sears / Zuttah
C Faine / Mahan

DE Suggs / Adams / White / Wilkerson / Barwin
DT Haynesworth / Hovan / Walker / Sims
OLB Vilma / June / Brooks / Hayes / Black
MLB Ruud / Hayward
CB Barber / PBuc / Talib / Robinson / Burnett
S Jackson / Jones / Sabby / Allen

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 28, 2008, 04:09:06 PM »

I'd cream myself if all of that played out. We would be, without a doubt, one of the favorties coming out of the NFC. The only thing I wouldn't be pleased about is Flip leaving, but the rest of the team is almost perfect.

That is one nasty D.

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

« #2 : November 28, 2008, 04:20:45 PM »

Yeah that'd be awesome but I'd miss clifton and elbert, as well as flip...

1. Donald
2. Bridgewater
3. Landry
5. Abbrederis
6. Lyerla

Badabing

Hall of Famer

« #3 : November 28, 2008, 04:31:22 PM »

Yuccaneers....how about a more realistic approach to the off-season...

I seriously doubt we'd get any more than two of the following players( and this is being generous): Donovan McNabb, Terrell Suggs, Albert Haynesworth, Jonathan Vilma, Dunta Robinson, Sean Jones.

Don't get me wrong, in madden this is possibility, but as we've learned this past off-season, you aren't going to land every top free agent.  If McNabb becomes available, you can bet that at least 10 teams will be after his services.  Even if he isn't released and the Eagles try to trade him, I still think a handful of teams will be interested, i.e. Chicago, Minnesota.  As for Haynesworth, he is hands down the best DT in the game, or alteast the Media makes him out that way and will be the top free agent pick.  As for Suggs, I'd like to have him too, but he'd be up there too.  As for Vilma, I'd be surprised if the Saints didn't keep him, but with June and Ruud, even if Brooks retires, I doubt we spend big money on a LB.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be estatic with those results, but if we even land one of the following: McNabb, Suggs, Vilma, Haynesworth----we should be happy....lol you aren't going to land all 4 of them.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #4 : November 28, 2008, 04:41:08 PM »

That is why I am the GM of this team willing to put the money resources into trying to bring another title or five to the bay area...LOL

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

« #5 : November 28, 2008, 04:48:19 PM »

What's the point of discussing this when this season is far from over?

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #6 : November 28, 2008, 05:06:12 PM »

Not to sure about who we should draft but some of the FA's I think we'll target are. Devery Henderson I think the ground work for this deal was laid last offseason when he visited. Bryant McFadden tough physical cb that's been a nickel for awhile. Brandon Jones of the Titans has size and hands behind Gage and McCariens will likely be pushed out for Hawkins. Grossman Florida kid I don't think much of him but am sure Gruden does. Can't say I think but I hope the Bucs throw some $ at T.Suggs he and Adams off the edge with Wilkerson and White rushing from the Dt spots would be fast and dangerous. Resign Bryant,Rudd,Sims,Pbuc,Luke and franchise Phillips.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

3drdre

Starter

« #7 : November 28, 2008, 05:34:22 PM »

Vilma and Suggs would be too expensive. I also want to keep Antonio Bryant.

gypsie

Starter

« #8 : November 28, 2008, 06:03:19 PM »

Vilma, Suggs and Mcnabb would be awsome!!!
And I think Bryant will give us a little home town discount since we where the only team willing to give him a shot

« #9 : November 28, 2008, 06:05:29 PM »

MOST of that will never happen

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #10 : November 28, 2008, 06:15:10 PM »

Yucc,

Maybe would be nice, but unrealistic.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

JC510

Practice Squad

« #11 : November 28, 2008, 06:20:29 PM »

1. Re-sign Luke Skywalker
2. Offer Detroit a deal they can't resist for Calvin. I'm talking multiple #1s. We already have a young core. We need the offensive game changer.
3. Re-sign Phillips
4. Re-sign Buchanon

bodybag

Starter

« #12 : November 28, 2008, 06:24:58 PM »

the most realistic deal i see here is us trading for donovan mcnabb. its no secret gruden is a big fan of mcnabb and  he would be a perfect fit for gruden's offense. garcia is a free agent and i think he will seek a new team to play for(minnesota,chicago?). possibly could see a big name FA signed to the defense but i dont think it will be haynesworth or suggs possibly vilma. i believe we'll go after another WR maybe through the draft but if it will be through free agency or trade i dont think it will be a big name like chad "ocho cinco" johnson it will  be more like a devery henderson or lance moore, although i heard somewhere on nfl total access or something that tori holt is unhappy in st. louis and may want out after this year. dont know tho :-[

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« #13 : November 28, 2008, 06:47:59 PM »

TJ Whoseyourmomma is a free agent.   Just saying....

MVP

Pro Bowler

« #14 : November 28, 2008, 07:00:11 PM »

I love Terrell Suggs but Albert Haynesworth is one big contract away from obscurity. That guy has motivational issues.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yucc's Off-Season Plans « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools