Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yucc's Off-Season Plans « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

fishman

Starter

#15 : November 28, 2008, 07:51:33 PM

you forgot to throw in Michael Vick to back up Donovan McNabb and he can run the 2009 version of the WILDCAT....he'll also play the slot in 3 WR set and return punts now and then just for sho.

"The reality is we came in with a bad salary cap situation and we left with some $50 million under the cap, so it's not like we went out and spent a lot of money on players." JG

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#16 : November 28, 2008, 08:13:19 PM

Nice dream :)

No way you sign a guy like Robinson though, and have him as a 4th CB. You sign him and move on from Pbuc or Ronde and keep Mack. Also, we would be extremely lucky to sign one of the DL, not a chance we end up with both.

IMO, we have too big of needs to draft a RB that high that would in essence be a 3rd stringer. Also, McCoy is supposed to return to school, we will see if he does or not later though. I think if you keep Caddy + Graham, the perfect 3rd RB for them and the final piece of our RBC would be Peanut. The kid is a future Westbrook IMO.

I'm passing on Vilma, he is decent, but his name is bigger than he plays. We don't need another LB anyway, we have 3 very young very good LBs that can play for us next year.

Lance Moore is going to be this years Devery Henderson... don't see him leaving NO, wouldn't mind getting him for cheap... don't think he is a true replacement for Galloway though.

Don't see Vance Walker lasting to the 3rd. Love the idea of 2 WR's but not sure about Barden, I hope we have our fill of project WR's for awhile.

Like the McNabb idea, this offense would become elite with him running it IMO.

I'll make up an off season later though, to give you my perspective.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 28, 2008, 09:02:42 PM

You're dreaming if you think all that is going to happen. I think you play a little too much madden.

The team has tons of cap room.....so never say never.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 28, 2008, 09:05:30 PM

you forgot to throw in Michael Vick to back up Donovan McNabb and he can run the 2009 version of the WILDCAT....he'll also play the slot in 3 WR set and return punts now and then just for sho.

He will be playing next season it looks like.  Not sure who will take a chance on him.....Detroit maybe?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 28, 2008, 09:06:06 PM

Knowing the team is going to have some player movement this off-season as of now must can see a few positions of need along with a few other questions surrounding a few more.

Based off of not much actual thought here are some things I would like to see happen this off-season.

In free agency there are 8 players that could be added to the Bucs that could but the team over the top for the next 5 years.

DT Albert Haynesworth - Best interior player in the game

DE Terrell Suggs - would allow Adams to shift to the the other side where his speed would be more useful

CB Daunta Robinson - With Barber slowing down Robinson could come on the cheap considering he is coming off a knee injury, solid tackler

S Sean Jones or Brodney Pool - Young decent in coverage solid tacklers -With both Will Allen and Phillips being free agents think Phillips will comand more then either Pool or Jones adn would allow the team some insurance in case Sabby isnt ready.

OLB Jonathan Vilma - Can play either inside or outside has some familiarity with the Tampa 2 with Brooks nearing the end and June having only one more season left on his contract.

WR Lance Moore - Would allow the team release Galloway and bring him back if he still has anything left

OT Max Starks - Gives the team insurance incase of an injury to either Penn or Trueblood who has played both the right and left side.

Sign McNabb after the Eagles cut him

2009 NFL DRAFT
1. Jeremy Maclin WR
2. LeSean McCoy RB
3. Vance Walker DT
4. Joe Burnett CB
5. Ramses Barden WR
6. Connor Barwin DE
7. Marquez Bronson FB

2009 ROSTER
QB McNabb / McCown / Johnson
RB Graham / Williams / McCoy
FB Askew / Bronson
TE Smith /Stevens / Gilmore
WR Bryant / Clayton / Moore / Maclin / Barden / Stovall
OT Penn / Trueblood / Starks / Lee
G Joseph / Sears / Zuttah
C Faine / Mahan

DE Suggs / Adams / White / Wilkerson / Barwin
DT Haynesworth / Hovan / Walker / Sims
OLB Vilma / June / Brooks / Hayes / Black
MLB Ruud / Hayward
CB Barber / PBuc / Talib / Robinson / Burnett
S Jackson / Jones / Sabby / Allen

You really can't be serious with this list.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 28, 2008, 09:12:49 PM

Knowing the team is going to have some player movement this off-season as of now must can see a few positions of need along with a few other questions surrounding a few more.

Based off of not much actual thought here are some things I would like to see happen this off-season.

In free agency there are 8 players that could be added to the Bucs that could but the team over the top for the next 5 years.

DT Albert Haynesworth  - Best interior player in the game

DE Terrell Suggs -  would allow Adams to shift to the the other side where his speed would be more useful

CB Daunta Robinson - With Barber slowing down Robinson could come on the cheap considering he is coming off a knee injury, solid tackler

S Sean Jones or Brodney Pool - Young decent in coverage solid tacklers  -With both Will Allen and Phillips being free agents think Phillips will comand more then either Pool or Jones adn would allow the team some insurance in case Sabby isnt ready.

OLB Jonathan Vilma - Can play either inside or outside has some familiarity with the Tampa 2 with Brooks nearing the end and June having only one more season left on his contract.

WR Lance Moore - Would allow the team release Galloway and bring him back if he still has anything left

OT Max Starks - Gives the team insurance incase of an injury to either Penn or Trueblood who has played both the right and left side.

Sign McNabb after the Eagles cut him

2009 NFL DRAFT
1. Jeremy Maclin WR
2. LeSean  McCoy RB
3. Vance Walker DT
4. Joe Burnett CB
5. Ramses Barden WR
6. Connor Barwin DE
7. Marquez Bronson FB

2009 ROSTER
QB McNabb / McCown / Johnson
RB Graham / Williams / McCoy
FB  Askew  / Bronson
TE Smith  /Stevens / Gilmore
WR Bryant / Clayton / Moore / Maclin / Barden / Stovall
OT Penn / Trueblood / Starks / Lee
G Joseph / Sears / Zuttah
C Faine / Mahan

DE Suggs / Adams / White / Wilkerson / Barwin
DT Haynesworth / Hovan / Walker / Sims
OLB Vilma / June / Brooks / Hayes / Black
MLB Ruud / Hayward
CB Barber / PBuc / Talib / Robinson / Burnett
S Jackson / Jones / Sabby / Allen

Of course I cant be serious I said so in the beginning of the thread

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 28, 2008, 09:15:33 PM

We will probably end up with one of those free agents. No chance we get all those guys, none. We'd have ZERO cap space to sign our draft picks.

gypsie

Starter

#22 : November 28, 2008, 09:21:23 PM

You have to remember fat Albert is a turd at heart he walking the sraight and narrow till he gets his contract also he is going to demand 10mil a year and I dont think our entire starting Dline makes that much. So he is just about out.
Suggs,Adams&G.White thats a heck of a rotation

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#23 : November 28, 2008, 09:29:18 PM

I'm passing on Vilma, he is decent, but his name is bigger than he plays. We don't need another LB anyway, we have 3 very young very good LBs that can play for us next year.

I disagree. He was a great 4-3 Mike, and is coming off a big knee injury. I think he can still be a top notch MLB in a defense where he isn't surrounded with garbage. But not here, he's not an OLB.

As for that off-season, I don't get it. At least you could have made the draft realistic.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 28, 2008, 09:38:09 PM

Mike Vick to the Dallas Cowboys.  Jerry Jones needs some gimmicks to open his new stadium with.  Of all the teams out there, this might be the only one with a realistic chance.  A returner, slash-type of QB, line him up in the slot or backfield on occasion, sell some tickets.  Jones would be the only owner I think would have the cajones to try this.

#25 : November 28, 2008, 09:41:51 PM

What's the point of discussing this when this season is far from over?

About the same as your point in replying....... because he can.

Haynesworth tops my wishlist. Along with that, i want Percy. Anything else would be gravy.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 28, 2008, 10:37:56 PM

You're dreaming if you think all that is going to happen. I think you play a little too much madden.

and so do other teams.

Bruce Allen may overpay for one of the guys, hence what he did with Jeff Faine, if he really wants him, but he won't be overpaying for Haynesworth, Suggs, and Vilma.  You saw 2nd and 3rd tier starters in this league land big bucks.....these guys will get even bigger bucks.

As for McNabb, I'd be shocked if he isn't traded for atleast a 3rd round pick.  I doubt they flat out cut him, especially if he finishes out the season as starter.  McNabb looked like crap the 2 weeks against Cincy and Baltimore, but then he shows his stuff against Arizona.  You may think he stinks, and I'm not a big fan of Donovan, but the guy is better than alot of the QBs currently starting out there.

#27 : November 28, 2008, 10:53:53 PM

Haynesworth tops my wishlist. Along with that, i want Percy. Anything else would be gravy.

BUMP!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 29, 2008, 08:54:20 AM

LOL - both would make my day - and then get whatever magic charm is required to find a long term above average qb and enjoy....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 29, 2008, 09:24:39 AM

and so do other teams.

Bruce Allen may overpay for one of the guys, hence what he did with Jeff Faine, if he really wants him, but he won't be overpaying for Haynesworth, Suggs, and Vilma.  You saw 2nd and 3rd tier starters in this league land big bucks.....these guys will get even bigger bucks.

As for McNabb, I'd be shocked if he isn't traded for atleast a 3rd round pick.  I doubt they flat out cut him, especially if he finishes out the season as starter.  McNabb looked like crap the 2 weeks against Cincy and Baltimore, but then he shows his stuff against Arizona.  You may think he stinks, and I'm not a big fan of Donovan, but the guy is better than alot of the QBs currently starting out there.

Bada,
we don't agree on much but this post I agree with 95%!  McNabb will draw higher comp than a 3rd...it will proabably take a first...IMO

You must be accountable for your actions!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yucc's Off-Season Plans « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools