Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ not entering the draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« : January 06, 2007, 09:20:00 PM »

I absolutely hope the Bucs don't pick CJ.  That being said, if he stay in school, it still hurts the Bucs because it changes the landscape for trades, smokescreens, etc.  I really hope he comes out, and at the same time I still hope we don't take him.

zed

Pro Bowler

« #1 : January 06, 2007, 07:11:21 PM »

It seems he's been taken out of the draft prospects list out of this mock draft site.

http://condraft.com/rankings/top-100/index.html

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #2 : January 06, 2007, 07:13:05 PM »

It seems he's been taken out of the draft prospects list out of this mock draft site.

http://condraft.com/rankings/top-100/index.html

It's not official yet, but there has been talk of him seriously considering staying.  I don't understand that at all.  It really screws us if that's that case.

T

Hall of Famer

« #3 : January 06, 2007, 07:17:45 PM »

If true it would be awful for the Bucs, I would then hope for Joe Thomas or for the Bucs to trade down.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #4 : January 06, 2007, 08:37:43 PM »

There is very little chance he can improve his draft status by returning to school. The league will advise him of that. You can play football AND get your degree. At this point I have absolutely no inside information on his situation, but I'm fairly confident that he will come out based on the above. I've been wrong before, however.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #5 : January 06, 2007, 07:23:24 PM »

If true it would be awful for the Bucs, I would then hope for Joe Thomas or for the Bucs to trade down.

??? why would it be awful for the Buccs?

Quinn and Russell will probably go one and two, and we get third pick if we win the toss. The Buccs weren't/aren't taking a WR in the 1st round anyway, so CJ has zero bearing on us.

Only if you support drafting Thomas. Which is a dumb move in my opinion. The rest of the team is falling apart and we are going to waste another 1st day pick on an o-line that already too young. Our QB situation is a mess. Our WR situation is worse. And our defense is old.

T

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 06, 2007, 07:27:16 PM »

Sammy1710-I think your sadly mistaken, if CJ was there the Bucs would take a loooong look at a kid with exceptional talent like his. The Bucs are still lacking playmakers on offense and Galloway is a #2 WR at best. The Bucs WILL rebuild the defense throught free agency so forget drafting a defensive player high in the first round. There isn't ANY defensive player worthy of a Top 5 pick, unless they have a crazy combine I don't see any defensive players going in the top 5 picks.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #7 : January 06, 2007, 07:28:34 PM »

Quinn and Russell will probably go one and two, and we get third pick if we win the toss. The Buccs weren't/aren't taking a WR in the 1st round anyway, so CJ has zero bearing on us.

Zero bearing?  If Adams and Thomas are off the board, don't think for a second we wouldn't take CJ.  Depending on FA we might take him over either.  You want the best players you can get in the draft to push as many good players down to you as possible.  

It's way too soon to just say Russell and Quinn are going #1 and 2.  There are questions about Russell's work ethic and intelligence.  There are questions about whether Quinn is really as good as people say.  So say we pick 4th, Quinn goes 1st, Adams goes to Detroit, and Thomas goes to Cleveland.  Then what do we do?  If CJ doesn't declare then the "Big 4" becomes the "Big 3," and we're on the outside looking in.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #8 : January 06, 2007, 07:29:48 PM »

I don't think CJ is going to risk injury/payday and not come out.  I do think that Joe Thomas is the obvious choice.  And the age of the Oline means little at this point, it is the quality of the talent.  Thomas would really upgrade the LOT and overall depth as AD or Buenning would be backups.  SOOOO much better than what the bucs currently have.

All that and what LeeRoybuc said too.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

« #9 : January 06, 2007, 07:31:35 PM »

Zero bearing?  If Adams and Thomas are off the board, don't think for a second we wouldn't take CJ.  Depending on FA we might take him over either.  You want the best players you can get in the draft to push as many good players down to you as possible.  

It's way too soon to just say Russell and Quinn are going #1 and 2.  There are questions about Russell's work ethic and inteligence.  There are questions about whether Quinn is really as good as people say.  So say we pick 4th, Quinn goes 1st, Adams goes to Detroit, and Thomas goes to Cleveland.  Then what do we do?  If CJ doesn't declare then the "Big 4" becomes the "Big 3," and we're on the outside looking in.
Seriously...who the hell do we pick at 4 if those guys are gone and CJ is back at school? Branch? Russell? Landry?

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #10 : January 06, 2007, 07:34:44 PM »

I don't think CJ is going to risk injury/payday and not come out.  I do think that Joe Thomas is the obvious choice.  And the age of the Oline means little at this point, it is the quality of the talent.  Thomas would really upgrade the LOT and overall depth as AD or Buenning would be backups.  SOOOO much better than what the bucs currently have.

All that and what LeeRoybuc said too.

From what someone posted earlier, his mother is very big on a college degree and is pushing for him to finish his senior season.  Someone needs to tell her he can finish school in the next two offseasons.  Hell, Brad Culpepper got a law degree while still playing in the NFL!

T

Hall of Famer

« #11 : January 06, 2007, 07:35:35 PM »

Like I said bad news for the Bucs if this happens. But everything is speculation until the new semester of classes starts...

bucball2010

Pro Bowler
« #12 : January 06, 2007, 08:08:30 PM »

calvin johnson was going away for on some assignment for like a week after the gator bowl at that point he will know what he is doing.

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.

Philippians 4:6

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #13 : January 06, 2007, 08:15:23 PM »

His mom wants him to finish college and get a degree.

Echoooooo!  ;D

bucball2010

Pro Bowler
« #14 : January 06, 2007, 08:23:01 PM »

his mom also wants him to play football and make millions im sure about that who ever said if he comes into football this year that he could not finish and get a degree and millions of mock drafts would not have him listed in the top 5 they were not pretty sure that he was coming out

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.

Philippians 4:6
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ not entering the draft « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools