Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ not entering the draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 06, 2007, 08:12:56 PM

His mom wants him to finish college and get a degree.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 06, 2007, 09:34:19 PM

There is very little chance he can improve his draft status by returning to school. The league will advise him of that. You can play football AND get your degree. At this point I have absolutely no inside information on his situation, but I'm fairly confident that he will come out based on the above. I've been wrong before, however.

It seems simple, you are a sure fire top 5 pick. Playing next year proves nada and if your knee goes *boom* kiss millions of $$$$ goodbye.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 06, 2007, 09:57:28 PM

Then his mom is a moron.   He can go back and finish that degree (which will likely provide a job that pays about 50K a year) any time in the future if he fails out in the NFL.   In the meantime, he can make millions.

#18 : January 06, 2007, 10:02:12 PM

Then his mom is a moron. He can go back and finish that degree (which will likely provide a job that pays about 50K a year) any time in the future if he fails out in the NFL. In the meantime, he can make millions.
LOL
He's all ready going to be making money off of his patent along with two other people, if he likes college and wants to finish more power to him, I find that very admirable for a man to do that for the right reasons (in other words if he's not taking ballroom dancing and just staying for booty)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 06, 2007, 10:05:06 PM

Then his mom is a moron.   He can go back and finish that degree (which will likely provide a job that pays about 50K a year) any time in the future if he fails out in the NFL.   In the meantime, he can make millions.

No, I understand her point. It doesn't make fiscal sense, but from the standpoint of character, I appreciate what she wants to instill in her son. However, in the real world he is better served by coming out and getting his payday, then using the offseason to complete his degree. Other athletes have done it, in fact some have gone on to earn a masters degree while still playing ball. CJ could do the same.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 06, 2007, 10:10:42 PM

He's all ready going to be making money off of his patent along with two other people

Well, not necessarily. A patent doesn't guarantee any revenue (trust me), you still have to work it to make any money. I suspect he'll make more on his initial signing bonus than he will in a dozen years on his dry antiseptic latrine system.

#21 : January 06, 2007, 10:14:33 PM

He's all ready going to be making money off of his patent along with two other people

Well, not necessarily. A patent doesn't guarantee any revenue (trust me), you still have to work it to make any money. I suspect he'll make more on his initial signing bonus than he will in a dozen years on his dry antiseptic latrine system.
Well of course, but still he's got a decent income for a senior in college.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 06, 2007, 10:18:41 PM

Well of course, but still he's got a decent income for a senior in college.

Not following you. What income?

#23 : January 06, 2007, 10:24:14 PM

I was referring to if the invention were to work out.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 06, 2007, 10:26:57 PM

I was referring to if the invention were to work out.

Oh, ok. Gotcha.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 07, 2007, 01:12:38 AM

CJ could be taking care of many future generations by going Pro.  And he can go back to school whenever he chooses.  Bad move because it sets him up to be a capable caretaker of his posterity.  And as far as "character" being a motivating factor for him, well...you either have it, or you don't.  It is obvious that CJs mom just wants him to get a degree, but at what expense?  So she can say, "My boy is educated.  He isn't another dumb jock out there".  Bah! 

Go To the Pro level CJ.  There is no chance of you to win a national title in your school.  And you are risking your body to permanent injury, which would deprive you not only of millions, but of the peace of mind that you made it with the big boys.  He is a football player, it is in his blood.

Plus it screws up the draft....(my selfish .02)

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#26 : January 07, 2007, 01:23:13 AM

Why is Sammy1017 quoted in this thread & yet there are no actual posts by him.  Someone is trying to be elusive.~~~?

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 07, 2007, 01:28:12 AM

Its a conspiracy Karen, this is somehow tied in with the JFK assassination

'Cue The Exorcist Theme Song' < That movie is scary

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#28 : January 07, 2007, 01:30:36 AM

Nope, tied into mjs & bilbo baggins.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 07, 2007, 01:36:08 AM

Hmmm...you sure...I swore he was the missing link

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ not entering the draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools