Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offensive Clusterfudge « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13

JC510

Practice Squad

: November 30, 2008, 04:32:15 PM

Constant..... and I mean CONSTANT shotgun on 3rd and 2 or 3. Why draft/sign all these linemen if thats what you're gonna do. And they almost never worked!

This was a game for Cadillac, Dunn was slipping all over the place. Cadillac looked good on that 4th down run, then an 8 yard TD. And you decide NOT to give him the ball again after the TD?

New Orleans calls timeout when we're near the goal line before halftime, what do we do after coming off the sideline? CALL A TIMEOUT, then of course kick a FG.

Late 3rd, we get the ball back with a chance to put the game away. 3rd and 2. Lets run Cadillac here. Nope. Call a timeout, go shotgun and have Bobby McCray swat the pass down.

Mid 4th, up 3. Our defense is dead tired. Gruden decides thats a good time for NO HUDDLE. You cannot make this stuff up. And Fred Astaire fumbles to boot.

We get a gift from Brees, lets run Cadillac 3 times? Nope. Garcia throws into traffic! New Orleans gets to keep their TO

acacius

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 30, 2008, 04:33:40 PM

Just you wait.  One of these days, Gruden will actually call a draw out of the shotgun on third and short.  I figure that should be more or less a guaranteed touchdown the defense should be so shocked. 

:p

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 30, 2008, 05:11:56 PM

Defense saves the day.  Again.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 30, 2008, 05:13:08 PM

Constant..... and I mean CONSTANT shotgun on 3rd and 2 or 3. Why draft/sign all these linemen if thats what you're gonna do. And they almost never worked!

This was a game for Cadillac, Dunn was slipping all over the place. Cadillac looked good on that 4th down run, then an 8 yard TD. And you decide NOT to give him the ball again after the TD?

New Orleans calls timeout when we're near the goal line before halftime, what do we do after coming off the sideline? CALL A TIMEOUT, then of course kick a FG.

Late 3rd, we get the ball back with a chance to put the game away. 3rd and 2. Lets run Cadillac here. Nope. Call a timeout, go shotgun and have Bobby McCray swat the pass down.

Mid 4th, up 3. Our defense is dead tired. Gruden decides thats a good time for NO HUDDLE. You cannot make this stuff up. And Fred Astaire fumbles to boot.

We get a gift from Brees, lets run Cadillac 3 times? Nope. Garcia throws into traffic! New Orleans gets to keep their TO

so we lost?

damn, the scoreboard said we won, I must have read it wrong...

hater!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 30, 2008, 05:15:20 PM

Terrible on third down. Like 3 for 17 or something like that.. I was frustrated too about going to the shot gun when we were 2-3 yards away from a first down.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 30, 2008, 05:17:35 PM

Terrible on third down. Like 3 for 17 or something like that.. I was frustrated too about going to the shot gun when we were 2-3 yards away from a first down.

This team is built to run.  Very puzzling indeed.

obuc

Starter

#6 : November 30, 2008, 05:19:10 PM

Ok, run to force them to call their final timeout but we DID win. Lets take it.

Beat Carolina and were rolling downhill.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#7 : November 30, 2008, 05:20:29 PM

it's okay hater it's all good

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 30, 2008, 05:24:50 PM

I've never been a Gruden hater, but I'm starting to hate him.

-Chase

Our fans suck!

MBF

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 30, 2008, 05:25:59 PM

Yeah winning can do that to a person...

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 30, 2008, 05:27:09 PM

so we lost?

damn, the scoreboard said we won, I must have read it wrong...

hater!

shh turbo- let the ragging hookers cry- we are 9-3 and they have nothing but hate since their agenda is kaka

bucs8ball

Starter

#11 : November 30, 2008, 05:28:55 PM

I think Gruden's endgame scenario was pretty ballsy. He basically said to Peyton and Brees, "I don't think you guys can beat our defense. I'm so sure, in fact, I'm going to give you two shots to do it. Good luck!"

We see how it turned out. 2 Int's.

JC510

Practice Squad

#12 : November 30, 2008, 05:33:19 PM

Yeah winning can do that to a person...

Yea that must be it. It's not the NO HUDDLE OFFENSE with a lead mid 4th when our defense is gassed.

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#13 : November 30, 2008, 06:05:05 PM

We barely won because our defense came up big. Open your eyes. I'm HAPPY we are winning but I'm sick of biting my nails.

-Chase

Our fans suck!

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 30, 2008, 06:05:55 PM

How many points did the D put up?

Page: 1 2 3 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offensive Clusterfudge « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools