Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Tebow is a Top 10 pick??!!?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 03, 2008, 05:12:54 PM

Big frame and a strong arm, but his delivery is molasses like. If he goes pro this year, low first round. If he stays another season he could be top 10.

Then again, Mike Vick went #1, so anything could happen. Especially with Detroit having the top pick!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 03, 2008, 05:19:00 PM

The guy can make all of the throws.  The obvious question marks are fair...delivery and ability to read to defenses.  Tebow has improved as a QB every year at Florida on his accuracy, strength, and game smarts.  I see no reason why that wouldn't continue in the NFL.

I hate the comparisons to Alex Smith just because they were in the same system.  The two are no where near the same type of player.  Tebow has a much, much stronger arm.  I don't ever hear people comparing Sam Bradford to Jason White or Colt McCoy to Vince Young, so why compare Tim Tebow to Alex Smith?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 03, 2008, 06:07:07 PM

He's a unique talent. The right coaching staff could make him into a superstar. The wrong coaching staff will ruin him.

I think he'd thrive under Belichik in NE.  They run a similar style offense, sans the option plays.  But they operate almost exclusively out of the shotgun, and he'd get to learn behind one of the best in Brady. 

Tebow would be a bit of a project, but with his heart, desire, and physical skills you'd think he'd have a chance.  There have been far worse drafted high in the draft.  If he is given a chance to watch and learn, develop his skills, I think he could be a successful QB in the NFL.

I think the misconception is people think because he runs in college he would run in the pros, and therefore would get hurt.  Reality is he does what he does now because he is asked to and can.  Obviously he is not going to be running designed runs in the NFL, nor should he.  But IMO anyway he is MUCH better running on passing plays when they are covered than the designed runs anyway.  If he were just a straight passer in college I think people would have less doubts, which I think is ridiculous.  Criticizing him for the ability to run and ignoring his ability to pass is a bit silly.  He can run, yes, but he can also pass and pass quite efficiently.  He doesn't throw the prettiest passes but they are often on the mark and on time.  He can throw it anywhere on the field.  Obviously he needs some work, specifically in quicker release and reading of defenses.  But I don't think it is impossible for those to be honed.  He has gotten much better with his progressions this year and no reason he can't continue to improve in that area.  One thing is for sure, you may not find a more motivated, harder worked. 

If guys like Akili Smith, Tim couch, Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich, Vince Young, Todd Marinovich, and many many others can be 1st round picks there is no reason Tebow can't.  If anything you know you are getting a high character player that will try his best to get it done.  It's not like the guy has a noodle arm and can't throw.  He CAN throw, and is dangerous when on the move. 

In some ways it may be better for him to be a lower pick.  He won't be forced into the fray immediately, and perhaps would be on a better team with better coaching, leading to a higher chance of success.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Tebow is a Top 10 pick??!!?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools