Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why was the "offensive clusterfudge" thread locked? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

: December 02, 2008, 04:57:12 PM

And the offense is still going to get bogged down from time to time.  It is inherent of a Gruden scheme.  Short short short. 

I don't agree with that at all. I think it's inherent in a Gruden scheme when he doesn't have a QB who can get it down
the field. But with a Gannon-type? There were plenty of mid to deep balls. Luke could be that guy. I think we'll know
for sure next year.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 02, 2008, 04:50:01 PM

I brought up the New York thing in that thread simply because of a different poster who always seems to refer to the fact that since he is from NY he knows better. I lumped them together as I probably should not have. I too am from NY but would never make a post using my region in this country as a validation of my opinion.

With the other poster, you're right. He fits into the stereotype perfectly. And he even has the accent to boot. I lost mine
a long time ago. But it comes back when I go home to visit on LI.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 02, 2008, 04:48:52 PM

If I may, it's also about the way the topic(s) are discussed.  There are some here who just come here and complain nonstop with no chance for a rational discussion. 

Discussing shortcomings and issues that may hold us back is one thing ... weekly piss and moan sessions and obviously biased threads/posts is completely another.

I agree, but it's also pretty easy to tell the difference between the two.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 02, 2008, 04:47:46 PM

Either way, guys are not running wild and free out there on all plays.

Nobody said on every play.

Also, it is not about sensitivity.  It is about "TIRED OF HEARING IT".  Yes, we all get the QB situation in Tampa.  It has been going on for a few years now, and now is no different.  Every week, we discuss the same things, and every week, you get the same things, usually with a W attached to it...

It seems rather pointless, but hey, if it is all you think of night and day, have at it. 

And who is more sensitive to it?  The guy who brings it up, or the guy who reacts to it?  I have not had a blow up of this proportion in a while, and trust me, it is not aimed at the Bucs QBs.  It is aimed at the posters of this place who think they are saying something new, while portraying themselves a Buc fans/haters.  If these guys are so wide open week after week, watch what Garcia does to the Panthers this week...I am sure he has had a feww weeks worth of film to examine, and he will make corrections.

NOT.

Nonsense.  You should be able to tell a troll/hater and someone who is just discussing an actual problem.

Obviously, there is a need to point out that Garcia misses quite a few big plays, because some still think the problem is Gruden's because Garcia said so and others are blaming a WR who is wide open in EZ for the QB making a horrible pass.

It is nice having an actual debate without any petty name-calling, though.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 02, 2008, 04:34:12 PM

Sorry. I mixed up 'the' with 'a.' But you get my drift.

In Verner We Trust

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 02, 2008, 04:34:57 PM

If I may, it's also about the way the topic(s) are discussed. There are some here who just come here and complain nonstop with no chance for a rational discussion.

Discussing shortcomings and issues that may hold us back is one thing ... weekly piss and moan sessions and obviously biased threads/posts is completely another.
Hey, this is not a MB anymore...

It is the Department of Complaint.

we're still not talking ;) ... screw the phillies ... ;D
ROTFLMAO!!

Still sour man?

No, I was just kidding.  

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 02, 2008, 04:31:22 PM

Department of Complaint. I like that.

In Verner We Trust

#7 : December 01, 2008, 06:31:31 PM

just wondering

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 01, 2008, 06:36:42 PM

Talk about stirring the pot!

Bucs Bowl

Starter

#9 : December 01, 2008, 06:37:53 PM

I think there was a few to many moron names being thrown about!

#10 : December 01, 2008, 06:47:44 PM

Talk about stirring the pot!

Me? Never. I just had a few responses i wanted to make and wasn't given an opportunity. Was wondering who/why.

#11 : December 01, 2008, 06:48:56 PM

That gets locked but the trolls/flamers et al get a free ride.  Imagine such a thing.

RideInMyChevy

Second String

#12 : December 01, 2008, 06:49:29 PM

I think Boid was the reason.

#13 : December 01, 2008, 06:50:13 PM

I think Boid was the reason.

If thats the case, then that should've been addressed with Boid.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 01, 2008, 07:01:34 PM

locked with no warnings even...

how much effort would it take for the MOD to leave a message stating warnings guilty party(s)?

Page: 1 2 3 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why was the "offensive clusterfudge" thread locked? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools