Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why was the "offensive clusterfudge" thread locked? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

Bucs Bowl

Starter

#15 : December 01, 2008, 07:31:23 PM

locked with no warnings even...

how much effort would it take for the MOD to leave a message stating warnings guilty party(s)?

Come on now that would make sense! Let's not make sense of the world right!!!

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 01, 2008, 07:37:13 PM

To be honest, there were MULTIPLE rule violations in that thread and with a lot of Bucs news breaking today, PR Patrol still on Thankgiving break and the deadline for our December issue of Pewter Report we haven't had a chance to notify/edit/delete the crap that is in that thread.

This childish, name-calling nonsense WILL stop. The next person that uses the word "moron" will get suspended. If you don't agree with a post, respectfully state that you don't agree - but leave the name-calling out of it.

#17 : December 01, 2008, 07:39:08 PM

This childish, name-calling nonsense WILL stop. The next person that uses the word "moron" will get suspended. If you don't agree with a post, respectfully state that you don't agree - but leave the name-calling out of it.

Now, that I agree with. The name-calling is juvenile at best & I'm rather shocked by some of the involved.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 01, 2008, 07:43:07 PM

Now, that I agree with. The name-calling is juvenile at best & I'm rather shocking by some of the involved.

It was beyond ridiculous.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 02, 2008, 10:11:24 AM

Hate - The Bucs are in the top 6 when it comes to YAC yards by team, so I have to respectively disagree with you on that one

The YAC stat is a bs stat if it's being used to evaluate a team's ability to get the ball downfield. Teams that throw the ball downfield....i.e.....a team with a Manning or Hasselback are not going to have nearly the same YAC as a team which throws the short routes with the expectation that the WR's or RB's will then pick up the yardage.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

#20 : December 01, 2008, 07:48:46 PM

I agree with the ridiculous part, but a conservative guess would be that approximately 5000 threads here feature similar infractions.  I'm all about the cleanup...just the incinsistency part that makes you scratch your head.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 01, 2008, 07:53:17 PM

Can one call oneself  the M word?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 01, 2008, 07:55:00 PM

Can one call oneself  the M word?

I think we all know who and what SR is referring to.

There are a couple posters who have done nothing but use juvenile name-calling in just about every post they make regarding a specific subject, especially in the thread in question.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 01, 2008, 07:55:38 PM

thank god.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 01, 2008, 07:55:55 PM

Can one call oneself the M word?

midget?

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 01, 2008, 08:03:48 PM

Now, that I agree with. The name-calling is juvenile at best & I'm rather shocked by some of the involved.

Are you talking about Boid Fink?

The guy does that every day...any time he doesn't have a response for something, he calls a poster a name...it is childish like SR said and it is ridiculous like Biggs said...

#26 : December 01, 2008, 08:06:56 PM

Are you talking about Boid Fink?

The guy does that every day...any time he doesn't have a response for something, he calls a poster a name...it is childish like SR said and it is ridiculous like Biggs said...

I've never noticed it but yesterday was over the top. Its as if dude was drugged. But I don't wanna single him out because he wasn't alone.

It'll be interesting to see who gets a "siesta".

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 01, 2008, 08:14:15 PM

Just grow tired of some of the so called fans that come bantering about the same stuff week after week.

The BUcs have their identity, and we all know what Jeff Garcia can and cannot do.  It is the constant and consistent whining about the matter, espescially after a hard fought win inwhich Jeff made multiple big time plays, that has pushed me over the top.

As for the "name" calling, I think I have seen much worse implied on these MBs than what I have thought about some of the posters here.  IT is as if they are as accused to me.  Just my opinion, and yes it relates to football.

With Captain Checkdown, YES GRIESE, we have less mobility in the pocket, less offense through the air, and more turnovers.  With McCown, we have a guy who cannot beat out a 38 year rag armed QB, a turnover machine and some of you, JC in particular, are absurd with their constant bashing of a winning team led by a winning QB, DESPITE HIS WELL KNOWN FAULTS.  How about that nice 40 yard pass to Bryant as he was being hit with gloves in the rain?  How about that nice 22 yard scramble, on top of the multiple other big scrambles he had on a rain soaked turf on spindly legs?  He is NEVEZRZ going to be a stat sheet filler, but he is a QB who since his time with the BUcs has posted a tremendous Win/Loss record, and was the only Pro Bowler the BUcs had last year.

Now I am a fan until he gives me a reason not to be...and usually that will come in the form of a string of losses, and his low overall numbers.  But since that aint the case, I feel the need to tell many of you what I think about your...ahem...opines.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 01, 2008, 08:17:34 PM

...also I would like to make refernce to the fact that many of you act as if I was the only one name calling.  Go back and read half the crap you guys posted and tell me that you are innocent?

Gimme a break.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 01, 2008, 08:23:35 PM

haha Get em Boid.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why was the "offensive clusterfudge" thread locked? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools