Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yahoo's top ten most searched (Obama didnt win) « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: December 02, 2008, 01:36:21 AM

Obama had a year of celebrity and a history-making presidential run that grabbed the attention of the world. But he fell short according to Yahoo. Barack Obama was not the most searched on the internet. Both the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) and Britney Spears ruled the internet.

The top 10 most searched in 2008 overall:

10. American Idol
9. Angelina Jolie
8. Lindsay Lohan
7. Naruto
6. Jessica Alba
5. RuneScape
4. Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana
3. Barack Obama
2. WWE
1. Britney Spears
--------------------------

Some other interesting top 10 searches...

The top 10 questions typed into the search engine:
10. How do I download free videos?
9. Why is the sky blue?
8. How do I register to vote?
7. What is the meaning of life?
6. How do I change my name?
5. How much is my car worth?
4. How much is minimum wage?
3. How do I write a resume?
2. How do I lose weight?
1. How do I get pregnant?
------------------------------------

Top 10 Olympians searched:
10. Nastia Liukin
9. Alicia Sacramone
8. Ronaldinho
7. Misty May Treanor
6. Jennie Finch
5. Shawn Johnson
4. Kobe Bryant
3. Serena Williams
2. Leryn Franco
1. Michael Phelps
--------------------------

Top 10 politicians searched:
10. Mitt Romney
9. Arnold Shwartzenegger
8. Mike Huckabee
7. John Edwards
6. Ron Paul
5. George W. Bush
4. Hillary Clinton
3. John McCain
2. Sarah Palin
1. Barack Obama
------------------

Top 10 most popular news stories:
10. Afghanistan
9. Patick Swayze
8. Shelley Malil
7. Iraq
6. China
5. Pregnant Man
4. Pakistan
3. Election 2008
2. Caylee and Casey Anthony
1. Hurricanes
---------------------

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 02, 2008, 02:12:36 AM

top 4 searched, is whats exactly wrong with this country and why were screwed.

#1 question... is exactly why the voting age should be raised to 21.

Top 10 popular news stories... Pregnant man over both wars? That pregnant man isnt a man first off hes an it. Im ashamed I live in the same state as him.

Depressing.

I think voting should go back to people who just own land... I wouldnt be able to vote but that would mean people who search pregnant men over wars, and WWE over presidents,  and how to get pregnant instead of how to get a job wouldnt be allowed to as well. God Bless America

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 02, 2008, 02:34:23 AM

It really is a depressing reality of our society that this is the type of tabloid-crap that Americans are interested in. But it's true. American culture has an obsession with celebrity. American Idol gets more votes cast than votes cast for Election Day.

And there are statistics and polls galore that show how the majority of Americans are uneducated and misinformed. That's why presidential elections have turned into a fight over who can get the most stupid people to vote for you? The stupid vote all voted Obama last month.

When the top question asked is "How do I get pregnant?" you know your society has a serious problem. Why is that the most asked question? Some things are better left unknown.... I dont think I want to know why that is popular.

kmitchell

Starter

#3 : December 02, 2008, 03:00:34 AM

If our 18 year old kids can die fighting a war the Republicans throw us into, mine as well let them vote.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 02, 2008, 03:14:26 AM

If our 18 year old kids can die fighting a war the Republicans throw us into, mine as well let them vote.

When 33% of High School seniors cant tell you who won the American Civil War....we have a very serious problem with the voting population.

kmitchell

Starter

#5 : December 02, 2008, 03:17:44 AM

A lot of people just don't care about history. They would rather spend their time drinking and getting laid, and good for them.

We are trying to give Afghanistan a democracy, and the literacy rate of males is 51%, and females 18%.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 02, 2008, 03:19:22 AM

Then they shouldnt be voting. If you dont know the issues, you dont know even basic historical events, you dont know how complex political and economic systems work THEN DONT VOTE!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 02, 2008, 04:30:48 PM

Leave it to KMitchell to stick up for the ignorant voter, as he falls into that catagory.

KMitchell, tell us again how the south is full of nothing but stupid, fat people. Then tell us again about how Ron Paul was your fave prez candidate, yet you voted for the man that is furthest from him on damn near EVERY issue.

Statistically, the South has the highest percentage of obese people in the nation.
Statistically, the highest percentage of completely stupid posts on the Cove come from your IP address.

I disagree with your sentiment, but it was pretty freakin funny

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 02, 2008, 08:21:50 AM

Leave it to KMitchell to stick up for the ignorant voter, as he falls into that catagory.

KMitchell, tell us again how the south is full of nothing but stupid, fat people. Then tell us again about how Ron Paul was your fave prez candidate, yet you voted for the man that is furthest from him on damn near EVERY issue.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 02, 2008, 08:49:45 AM

IIRC,

Since 1930, the US has been in 7 wars (WWII, Korea, Viet Nam, Kosovo, Gulf, Afghanistan and Iraq)

Presidents at the time:
WWII-Democrat-FDR-Won
Korea-Democrat-Truman-Lost
VietNam-Democrat-Kennedy-Lost
Kosovo-Democrat-Clinton-Lost
Gulf-Republican-Bush #1-Won the battle, lost the ultimate peace to world politics.
Afghanistan-Republican-Bush#2-Seems to have won
Iraq-Republican-Bush #2-No decision yet-Won the war, but maybe losing the peace.

So your reference about Republicans and the wars, doesn't hold up

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 02, 2008, 10:44:12 AM

Afghanistan - Seems to have won?

Really?

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 02, 2008, 11:19:52 AM

Obviously "stalemate" is missing in someone's vocabulary.

Most wars end in stalemates. Korea, Vietnam, and the first Gulf War were stalemates. The wars ended on agreements before one side could be defeated.

Kosovo was won for the most part. Milosevic was captured (and now dead). The genocide was stopped. And now Kosovo has independance.

Afghanistan is on-going.

Iraq is won. Saddam's government is destroyed. He is dead, his sons are dead, and most of his upper government and generals are either dead or imprisoned. There is some rogue terrorists and a few Al-Queda operatives still running around there. But mostly what is going on right now in Iraq is muslim vs. muslim violence between the different sects. The Iraqis will have to find a way to deal with that on their own. We cant and wont solve that problem.

kmitchell

Starter

#12 : December 02, 2008, 11:42:13 AM

Statistically, the South has the highest percentage of obese people in the nation.

Obama was closest to Ron Paul on Foreign policy of the main stream candidates. I want a non-interventionist country, and Obama is the closest we could get. Napoleon McCain has little man syndrome and thinks our military is the cure for the worlds cancer.

Afghanistan is not being won, the "terrorists" or whatever we call them today, are still carrying out very large scale attacks.

"More than 300 militants attacked the Afghan forces' convoy, which was transporting 47 vehicles for their units in the Bala Murghab district of Badghis Province late Thursday, said Naeem Khan, a border police official."
http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/11/28/asia/afghan.php

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 02, 2008, 12:13:43 PM

Obama was closest to Ron Paul on Foreign policy of the main stream candidates. I want a non-interventionist country, and Obama is the closest we could get. Napoleon McCain has little man syndrome and thinks our military is the cure for the worlds cancer.

Afghanistan is not being won, the "terrorists" or whatever we call them today, are still carrying out very large scale attacks.

"More than 300 militants attacked the Afghan forces' convoy, which was transporting 47 vehicles for their units in the Bala Murghab district of Badghis Province late Thursday, said Naeem Khan, a border police official."
http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/11/28/asia/afghan.php

I guarantee those people in the south are more kind, caring, and involved in their town/community/state/etc. then left winged I only care what Obama tells me to listen to. You look at the Northeast and all I can think of are A-Holes. The Left Coast? California is so messed up in many ways I dont know where to start. Yet every preaching liberal thinks they know what to do with this country. Dems and Repubs dont know what to do with this country. Neither of them can fix what has been done. It will take a long time to recover from what has happened.

If the best argument a Democrat can give for the fate of the country is "We dont want another 8 years of Bush" then its a sad day for American politics. I can say the same thing about Obama in 4 years and it will sway the tide. Oh well, the political system in this country is broken and failed in my eyes. Its a shame we cant get smart people to run for president. They are too smart to realize how being President can destroy one's mind. Obama will be another lackey for the Democratic party...that is all.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 02, 2008, 01:00:01 PM

Statistically, the highest percentage of completely stupid posts on the Cove come from your IP address.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yahoo's top ten most searched (Obama didnt win) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools