Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Petrino to coach the falcons « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: January 07, 2007, 08:57:01 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2723700

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 07, 2007, 08:57:49 PM

Link?

nflinsider

Starter

#2 : January 07, 2007, 09:01:00 PM

WOW! didnt see that coming. not sure his name had even been mentioned???

#3 : January 07, 2007, 09:02:12 PM

I heard earlier today that they were close to making a hire.... speculation was that it would be Mike Singletary.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 07, 2007, 09:04:13 PM

yeah they made that sound like it was in the works, could be done by tomorrow. I have heard that petrino is really trying to get Bush and Brohm to return to school as well though, which isn't suprising...

Baghead #2

Larry Brackins

Starter
#5 : January 07, 2007, 09:05:25 PM

They will trade Vick and draft Brohm.

Mark it down.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 07, 2007, 09:06:45 PM

They will trade Vick and draft Brohm.

Mark it down.

damn that could happen! What is Schaubs contract situation? They could trade vick, play schaub for a year and then let Brohm take over.

Holy crap, HE DID SIGN, ESPN news...

Baghead #2

#7 : January 07, 2007, 09:07:41 PM

PFT reported they would hire him about an hour ago I believe, only they said it would become official tommorrow..

#8 : January 07, 2007, 09:09:23 PM

PFT reported they would hire him about an hour ago I believe, only they said it would become official tommorrow..

POSTED 8:33 p.m. EST, January 7, 2006

IS PETRINO THE MYSTERY MAN?

As the NFL media scrambles to figure out who the next Falcons coach will be, we're told that one of the rumors floating around league and college circles is that Louisville coach Bobby Petrino is the guy.

If Petrino was interviewed for the job, he wisely kept it quiet so as not to hurt his recruiting efforts.

Stay tuned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POSTED 8:12 p.m. EST; UPDATED 8:16 p.m. EST, January 7, 2007

FALCONS HAVE A NEW HEAD COACH

We can tell you that the Atlanta Falcons have a new head coach.

What we don't know is who it is.

We know that they have a new coach because we know who a member of his staff is going to be.  But we can't name the member of the staff without giving up our source.

Stay tuned.

Our guess remains that it's 49ers assistant head coach Mike Singletary, primarily because most of the other candidates are from teams that are still playing.  The only short-lister whose team is finished is Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, but it would be a shocker if he were to take the job without interviewing for the vacancy in Pittsburgh.  His interview there is scheduled for Tuesday.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 07, 2007, 09:11:56 PM

And for the record, Petrino was at one time the offensive coordinator in Jacksonville under Coughlin so he is familar with the NFL.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#10 : January 07, 2007, 09:14:12 PM

didn't know that.

#11 : January 07, 2007, 09:15:45 PM

POSTED 8:33 p.m. EST, January 7, 2006

IS PETRINO THE MYSTERY MAN?

As the NFL media scrambles to figure out who the next Falcons coach will be, we're told that one of the rumors floating around league and college circles is that Louisville coach Bobby Petrino is the guy.

If Petrino was interviewed for the job, he wisely kept it quiet so as not to hurt his recruiting efforts.

Stay tuned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POSTED 8:12 p.m. EST; UPDATED 8:16 p.m. EST, January 7, 2007

FALCONS HAVE A NEW HEAD COACH

We can tell you that the Atlanta Falcons have a new head coach.

What we don't know is who it is.

We know that they have a new coach because we know who a member of his staff is going to be.  But we can't name the member of the staff without giving up our source.

Stay tuned.

Our guess remains that it's 49ers assistant head coach Mike Singletary, primarily because most of the other candidates are from teams that are still playing.  The only short-lister whose team is finished is Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, but it would be a shocker if he were to take the job without interviewing for the vacancy in Pittsburgh.  His interview there is scheduled for Tuesday.

Indeed, though this was before ESPN, no?

#12 : January 07, 2007, 09:16:52 PM

No doubt. Florio is on top of his sh*t.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 07, 2007, 09:17:10 PM

Yep all over the local news channels here, its madness!

I think you can count Brohm in and be on red alert for a mike vick trade. I thnk they go after Brohm.

Baghead #2

#14 : January 07, 2007, 09:18:15 PM

Don't you just love football? It a year-round season!!!!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Petrino to coach the falcons « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools