Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OUTSIDERS VIEW « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

: December 03, 2008, 12:57:42 AM

Ummmm, before that rainy game Garcia was the highest rated QB in football since being reinstated at QB. You have no leg to stand on.

EDIT: If we were playing a legitimate defense, in teh rain, you might have slightly more credit when bashing Garcia and claiming that his weaknesses are being exposed. Only problem is, New Orlean's defense is BAD and Garcia's problems were from very wild accuracy. Not just throwing behind a WR, or not putting the ball in the right spot, but mmissing guys by 10 yards over their head. How can you attribute that to anythign but RAIN, especially considerinf Garcia was making all thsoe throws all year and has had like a 70 completion %?

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 03, 2008, 12:56:33 AM

I havent even got into any of the Garcia talk around here this week, or bothered to read any of the threads, because it was OBVIOUS that the reason he was having errandt throws because of the rain. He still has something like a top 3 completion %, the least INTs and one of the best QB ratings in the league. It isn't even worth discussing, when the argument the haters are using is 1 poor game passing in the rain

Why do the Garcia "lovers" have to be so inaccurate with their posts? Using "1 poor game passing in the rain" as their argument would mean critical reviews of his play started two nights ago...

Do you honestly believe this is the case? Or do you believe it is more accurate to say that **CENSORED**s in the QB position's armor began to show, oh, say around Week 8 in Dallas?

#2 : December 03, 2008, 12:51:30 AM

I havent even got into any of the Garcia talk around here this week, or bothered to read any of the threads, because it was OBVIOUS that the reason he was having errandt throws because of the rain. He still has something like a top 3 completion %, the least INTs and one of the best QB ratings in the league. It isn't even worth discussing, when the argument the haters are using is 1 poor game passing in the rain

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 03, 2008, 12:46:59 AM

Garcia didn't have his best of days, but he wasn't absolutely horrid. He did keep some drives alive with his legs and did toss a TD pass which everyone values so much around here. He is 6-1 since retaking the starting gig and its not like they are winning inspite of him like they were with Griese.

Hate, you may not think Garcia is good, but he does contribute to many of our wins and we wouldn't be 9-3 without him.
"BADABING!"

LOL at Boid and Badabing...

You're going to have to be the VP of that Fan Club...Badabing locked up the top spot a long time ago...

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 03, 2008, 09:54:21 AM

He is the best of Qbs, he is the worst of QBs all in one package with ugly wins= SB contender.

Hey.  Nobody is perfect.  But Jeff has the extra "it" factor to overcome his weaknesses that raise his value with intangibles.  To me, it looks like he wills himself to victory.  And he plays with a chip or actually a log on his shoulder.  Peanut plays with a Dorito, Jeff plays with a log...

Did anyone else hear that Grads got picked up ....was it Vikings or Bears?  Can't recall.

After we beat Carolina......the Falcons will just stay home and conceed!!!!  LOL  go Bucs.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 03, 2008, 01:52:03 AM

TD% and YPA avg is DIRECTLY due to the offense he plays in, and Im okay with that.

How could you argue it any different?

I'm going to leave Simms and Gradkowski out of this for obvious reasons

NAME COM ATT PCT YDS YPA LNG TD TD% INT INT% SK SYD RAT

'02 Johnson
281 451 62.3 3049 6.76 76 22 4.9 6 1.3 21.0 121 92.9

'03 Johnson
354 570 62.1 3811 6.69 76 26 4.6 21 3.7 20.0 111 81.5

'04 Griese
233 336 69.3 2632 7.83 68 20 6.0 12 3.6 26.0 169 97.5

'07 Garcia
209 327 63.9 2440 7.46 69 13 4.0 4 1.2 19.0 104 94.6

'08 Garcia
182 271 67.2 1902 7.02 47 8 3.0 3 1.1 15.0 74 92.5

I post that in the hopes that you will change your mind that it is the offense that causes low TD%'s and low yardage...

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 03, 2008, 01:57:51 AM

Funny when you go to message boards of opposing fans...Jeff Garcia is the guy on the offense that is most feared.

Its really easy to understand, 94.6 QB rating last year and 92.5 QB rating this year. They cant back up anythign they say about Garcia, jsut a lot of hollow accusatioons with no follow up if you call them out on thier B.S.

No because the stats show he does win. He's 6-1 since coming taking the offense over again.

Before he came to the Bucs, he lead the 49ers to the playoffs and he lead the Eagles to the playoffs. Now he's on the verge of leading the Bucs to the playoffs two straight years.

Now you can complain about stats all you want...but he does find ways to do just enough to win games.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 03, 2008, 10:33:44 AM

As Brad Johnson proved in 2002...you dont have to be good. You just have to be good enough. Right now, Garcia is good enough.
2002 Brad Johnson was a gazillion times better than 2007-2008 Jeff Garcia.

No doubt about it.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#8 : December 03, 2008, 10:22:29 AM

Adam Schein and his fake radio voice are annoying.

benir0

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 03, 2008, 10:22:24 AM

I really enjoy watching Garcia play QB.  He does some hings very well.  He's a winner.  But being decisive down the field and in the red zone is a decided weakness of his game.  He often dances up or out of the pocket when he has a place to go with the ball.  His problem isn't arm strength, it's that he's half a beat late on some of his throws downfield.

He's mobile, smart and a grinder.  But at some point, our inability to attack downfield just might end our season, once we're being compared against the best of the best.

JC510

Practice Squad

#10 : December 03, 2008, 10:05:35 AM

On a day when Jeff Garcia was a non-factor, this was classic Buc Ball.

Some folks will not take kindly to that statement however I like Schein and enjoyed the article.

Classic Buc Ball would have involved running the ball effectively in the 4th qtr. Leaving Cadillac on the sideline in the late 3rd/entire 4th qtr was the #1 reason the 10 point lead went out the window. Pathetic play calling at the end of the game. 

The 5 possessions between the June pick and Buchanon pick...
42 yards, 1 first down, 6:12 TOP, 11 plays for 0 or negative yards.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 03, 2008, 01:46:07 AM

Where did I champion Griese?  He's a turd that we never should have traded for.  Using him as a benchmark for Garcia doesn't prove anything.

Why is it that you and Sammy make statements, I argue against them, and then you completely forget what I was responding to? Its baffling...

Gruden QBs always have higher QB ratings because of the high % check-downs and stress on avoiding turnovers

I gave you prime examples of how Gruden's offense doesnt just pump out QB ratings in the 90s as easy as you make it out to be.

You showed examples where crappy QBs have crappy ratings.  I'm sure Ken Dorsey would have a crappy one, too.  All I said was that Gruden's system creates favorable QB ratings due to the high %, low-yardage, low-risk passes

#12 : December 03, 2008, 01:41:50 AM

Where did I champion Griese?  He's a turd that we never should have traded for.  Using him as a benchmark for Garcia doesn't prove anything.

Why is it that you and Sammy make statements, I argue against them, and then you completely forget what I was responding to? Its baffling...

Gruden QBs always have higher QB ratings because of the high % check-downs and stress on avoiding turnovers

I gave you prime examples of how Gruden's offense doesnt just pump out QB ratings in the 90s as easy as you make it out to be.

#13 : December 03, 2008, 01:39:44 AM

TD% and YPA avg is DIRECTLY due to the offense he plays in, and Im okay with that.

How could you argue it any different?

red zone ranking is a legit argument, but even that could be debated. The offense Gruden runs, teh catch and run offense, operates MUCH better with a lot of field to play with. It is much easier to defend when the defense doesnt have much field behind them.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 03, 2008, 01:37:44 AM

Griese's QB rating in his last 10 games for gruden is 20 points lower  than Garcias. T-W-E-N-T-Y

Not only does Garcia have the highest QB rating in franchise history, it is higher under Gruden than Brad Johnson's ever was in any year under Gruden. His Super bOwl year is comparable, then in 2003 his QB rating was 81.5 and the following year it was 79 before being benched.

How could someone who watched Gradkowski play in 2006 act as if having a QB rating in teh 90s is some easy task? Grads ahad a 65.9 rating and proved that just "dumping the ball off" and having a high QB rating is no easy task

He deserves his due credit for being a solid starting QB in this league

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OUTSIDERS VIEW « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools