Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OUTSIDERS VIEW « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 03, 2008, 01:35:27 AM

ronde, it's the same argument that has been going on for weeks now -- well before rain-soaked conditions on Sunday...

You love his QB rating and completion %...I love that too -- really...

I don't like his TD% (25th in the league) and YPA avg. (17th in the league), along with our red zone ranking (next-to-last in the NFL)...

SR wrote an extensive, insightful FAB 5 on this very subject for everyone to read:

http://pewterreport.com/articles/view/4895

#16 : December 03, 2008, 01:35:20 AM

Gruden QBs always have higher QB ratings because of the high % check-downs and stress on avoiding turnovers

Griese's QB rating in his last 10 games for gruden is 20 points lower  than Garcias. T-W-E-N-T-Y

Not only does Garcia have the highest QB rating in franchise history, it is higher under Gruden than Brad Johnson's ever was in any year under Gruden. His Super bOwl year is comparable, then in 2003 his QB rating was 81.5 and the following year it was 79 before being benched.

How could someone who watched Gradkowski play in 2006 act as if having a QB rating in teh 90s is some easy task? Grads ahad a 65.9 rating and proved that just "dumping the ball off" and having a high QB rating is no easy task

He deserves his due credit for being a solid starting QB in this league

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 03, 2008, 01:31:18 AM

Football Outsiders has him ranked as the #18 QB based on DYAR and #16 QB based on DVOA

#18 : December 03, 2008, 01:27:30 AM

Funny when you go to message boards of opposing fans...Jeff Garcia is the guy on the offense that is most feared.

Its really easy to understand, 94.6 QB rating last year and 92.5 QB rating this year. They cant back up anythign they say about Garcia, jsut a lot of hollow accusatioons with no follow up if you call them out on thier B.S.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 03, 2008, 01:27:23 AM

Gruden QBs always have higher QB ratings because of the high % check-downs and stress on avoiding turnovers

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 03, 2008, 01:27:08 AM

Funny when you go to message boards of opposing fans...Jeff Garcia is the guy on the offense that is most feared.

Panthers fans are **CENSORED**ed that Garcia has won the last five matchups vs. them...

The "All he does is win football games" mantra that the national media runs with is all most fans of other teams are hearing about him at this point as well...

#21 : December 03, 2008, 01:24:54 AM

backup quality according to who? Not by NFL standards he's not

He completes 70% of his passes, has the least INTs in football, and a 92.5 QB rating. He brought us to a division championship last year, will bring us 1 this year (if not, then atleast a trip to the playoffs), and he carried Philly to the playoffs 2 years ago AND won a game in the playoffs.

His QB rating last year was 94.6, 3rd best in the NFC, and good enough to give him an appearance in teh pro bowl

Are you arguing that he has been the best QB in football since being reinstated at QB?

Clearly, I wasn't. Are you arguing that he's the worst QB in football? I mean why ask stupid questions, when I never said that?

Garcia not being the best football in QB, doesnt mean I have to "ease" down on his QB rating. Tell me if this statement was made by you sammy...

Why do the Garcia "lovers" have to be so inaccurate with their posts? Using "1 poor game passing in the rain" as their argument would mean critical reviews of his play started two nights ago

Now in this context, I said before "two nights ago" Garcia was the highest rated QB in football since being reinstated. So when I say that statement, I am replying to your accusation that I havent accurately reviewed Garcias performance before Sundays game. Clearly, you have no leg to stand on because the numebrs speak for themself. Their wer eno **CENSORED**s in teh armor, there were no signs of weaknesses, evidenced by the highest QB rating in the game over a 2 month stretch. WHat dont you get exactly? I have layed everything out perfect so you wont get confused this time

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 03, 2008, 01:21:43 AM

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 03, 2008, 01:16:04 AM

Garcia is backup-quality. He's not a game-changer or playmaker, but he doesn't make a lot of mistakes. Fortunately our stud defense and newly-effective STs are carrying the load.

As my buddy would say:

FINALLY, somebody that knows what's going on around here... :)

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 03, 2008, 01:13:07 AM

Garcia is backup-quality.  He's not a game-changer or playmaker, but he doesn't make a lot of mistakes.  Fortunately our stud defense and newly-effective STs are carrying the load.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 03, 2008, 01:10:17 AM

Ummmm, before that rainy game Garcia was the highest rated QB in football since being reinstated at QB. You have no leg to stand on.

Because he doesn't throw INTs (which is great) and he completes a lot of short passes...

Are you arguing that he has been the best QB in football since being reinstated at QB? If not, then let's ease down a little off his QB rating...

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 02, 2008, 09:56:38 PM

FOX SPORTS.....ADAM SCHEIN 

Don't tell anyone. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are 9-3.

They picked off Drew Brees — twice — in the final 2:30 of the game. First, underrated safety Jermaine Phillips picks off Brees, setting up Matt Bryant's game- winning field goal. Brees and the Saints got the ball back and this time are intercepted by Phil Buchanon.

The defensive line got pressure with the front four. Barrett Ruud continued his Pro Bowl season flying around. On a day when Jeff Garcia was a non-factor, this was classic Buc Ball.

Defensive tackle Chris Hovan couldn't stop raving about Ruud's play when we chatted on Monday. And Hovan stressed how Monte Kiffin's defense is the ultimate blend of young studs and classy vets.
Hovan said he had chills talking about the Monday night affair coming up with the Panthers in Carolina. When the NFC South co-leaders met in Tampa, the Bucs defense shut down the DeAngelo Williams/Jonathan Stewart duo and picked off Jake Delhomme three times.

Tampa can win in Carolina. And if you examine the schedules down the stretch and factor in Arizona's no-show on Thanksgiving night, I'd call the Bucs the favorite for the No. 2 seed. How crazy is that!

#27 : December 02, 2008, 09:59:24 PM

On a day when Jeff Garcia was a non-factor, this was classic Buc Ball.

Some folks will not take kindly to that statement however I like Schein and enjoyed the article.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 02, 2008, 10:00:50 PM

On a day when Jeff Garcia was a non-factor, this was classic Buc Ball.

Some folks will not take kindly to that statement however I like Schein and enjoyed the article.
Schein?

Seriously?

LMAO!!

Go listen to Mooch talk about Jeff and his lackluster day.  I am sure you will like that more...unless your mind is already locked and loaded...

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 02, 2008, 10:01:55 PM

LOL, this is a classic week around here

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OUTSIDERS VIEW « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools