Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OUTSIDERS VIEW « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 02, 2008, 10:05:47 PM

Garcia didn't have his best of days, but he wasn't absolutely horrid.  He did keep some drives alive with his legs and did toss a TD pass which everyone values so much around here.  He is 6-1 since retaking the starting gig and its not like they are winning inspite of him like they were with Griese.

Hate, you may not think Garcia is good, but he does contribute to many of our wins and we wouldn't be 9-3 without him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 02, 2008, 10:06:57 PM

Garcia didn't have his best of days, but he wasn't absolutely horrid. He did keep some drives alive with his legs and did toss a TD pass which everyone values so much around here. He is 6-1 since retaking the starting gig and its not like they are winning inspite of him like they were with Griese.

Hate, you may not think Garcia is good, but he does contribute to many of our wins and we wouldn't be 9-3 without him.
"BADABING!"

rombarrone

Starter

#32 : December 02, 2008, 10:54:05 PM

Didn't Garcia have 42 yards rushing to the Saints 18? Hardly a non-factor. He doesn't make that 4th down run and we may not win the game.

#33 : December 02, 2008, 10:56:39 PM

I'm not going there with you guys tonite. Maybe tomorrow, but not tonite. Enjoy your evening.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 02, 2008, 10:58:02 PM

As Brad Johnson proved in 2002...you dont have to be good. You just have to be good enough. Right now, Garcia is good enough.

Now the defense this year isnt as strong as the 2002 squad. However, they are in the league's top 5 and did contain the league's # 1 offense that came into Ray Jay red hot. And the difference maker is special teams so far since the KC game. Without some of those returns by Clifton Smith, there is no way this team 9-3.

So it's a team effort, really. Lots of pieces working together. Several players stepping up making big plays when they count.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 02, 2008, 10:59:05 PM

Adam Schein's commentary leaves a lot to be desired. He's loud without substance.
He did a good job on this one, but in general he's annoying to watch and/or listen to.

In Verner We Trust

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 02, 2008, 11:05:35 PM

I'm not going there with you guys tonite. Maybe tomorrow, but not tonite. Enjoy your evening.
Yes your Excellence.

Tuesday is my night.

Wednesday yours.

(wink)

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 03, 2008, 09:04:40 AM

As Brad Johnson proved in 2002...you dont have to be good. You just have to be good enough. Right now, Garcia is good enough.
2002 Brad Johnson was a gazillion times better than 2007-2008 Jeff Garcia.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 03, 2008, 11:12:09 AM

Sammy, you simply come across as a HATER.  Pure and simple.

No need to get dodgy about it.  Just embrace the title, and kneel before the 9-3 that stands before you.

Submit that one, would ya?

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 03, 2008, 11:02:14 AM

I really enjoy watching Garcia play QB.  He does some hings very well.  He's a winner.  But being decisive down the field and in the red zone is a decided weakness of his game.  He often dances up or out of the pocket when he has a place to go with the ball.  His problem isn't arm strength, it's that he's half a beat late on some of his throws downfield.

He's mobile, smart and a grinder.  But at some point, our inability to attack downfield just might end our season, once we're being compared against the best of the best.

Nice post beniro...I'm going to enter yours and this one:

Look, he isn't johnny quarterback. He looks awkward out there and freaks out when there isn't any pressure on him. Football looks like a different sport when I watch our offense

...as my official entries into the Department of Complaints... ;)

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 03, 2008, 11:18:22 AM

Sammy, you simply come across as a HATER.  Pure and simple.

Hey man, I didn't realize I'd wake you up like that...you talk about other posters, but I think you have a special love for me... :)

You have a good and blessed day Boid...honestly...take care...

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 03, 2008, 12:08:58 PM

Did anyone else hear that Grads got picked up ....was it Vikings or Bears?  Can't recall.

Brownies
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OUTSIDERS VIEW « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools