Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alabama & Florida « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#30 : December 06, 2008, 07:45:56 PM

If Percy was playing, this wouldn't even be a game.
::)

His playmaking was sorely missed 2nite and his presence frees up other guys. You can't dispute that.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 06, 2008, 07:52:54 PM

Ok Florida now lets go get the National Title...OBD

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 06, 2008, 07:54:01 PM

Regardless, this was a GREAT game until Alabama decided to start throwing the ball. Kudos to Florida. Great team, great players. This was not the game most predicted. Alabama put up a hell of a fight. I'd like to say something nice about Tebow but I think I'm going to just keep drinking. Night all..... :(

I really don't think anyone one else will beat Alabama...OBD

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 06, 2008, 07:59:17 PM

If Percy was playing, this wouldn't even be a game.
::)

His playmaking was sorely missed 2nite and his presence frees up other guys. You can't dispute that.
I can dispute it all I want. It's 100% assumption on your part.

UF shreds with or without him. They have playmakers everywhere. They ate FSU's ass for lunch last week AFTER Percy went down.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

ranman

Pro Bowler
#34 : December 06, 2008, 08:35:12 PM

Congrats Gator nation. 2 ncg's in 3 years.  impressive!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 06, 2008, 10:07:49 PM

Great football game, tonight.  Those were two hard-hitting teams.  Alabama is a great football team.  Julio Jones is an absolute stud.  I would love to see him in Pewter in a couple of years.  Saban has that team way ahead of schedule...they got very good, very fast.

Florida's defense played very well, considering the injuries to the line.  Mullen was too conservative again, IMO, but it was enough to win.  Tebow was inaccurate in the first half, but made the big passes when he needed to.  Percy's absence was very noticeable in passing game more than the running game, IMO.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 06, 2008, 10:56:49 PM

Tebow was inaccurate most of the night,

i think thats a bit overboard.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 06, 2008, 11:01:22 PM

Really?  He was one hopping most of his throws.  A lot of it had to do with Alabama's pressure, but it was still happening.  Don't get me wrong, the kid made some great throws, but this wasn't his best game throwing the ball.  He was 14/22, and 3 or 4 of those receptions were all on the receiver.  Off the top of my head, Carl Moore's TD catch and Hernandez's catch near the goal line were badly thrown balls that receivers made great plays on.

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#38 : December 06, 2008, 11:11:21 PM

YEAH BABY!

-Chase

Our fans suck!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 06, 2008, 11:17:37 PM

Great game!  I agree that Julio Jones is looking very good.  Percy was definitely missed, but fortunately the Gators pulled off the win.  Now on to the NCG against the Sooners!

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 07, 2008, 08:15:22 AM

Really? He was one hopping most of his throws. A lot of it had to do with Alabama's pressure, but it was still happening. Don't get me wrong, the kid made some great throws, but this wasn't his best game throwing the ball. He was 14/22, and 3 or 4 of those receptions were all on the receiver. Off the top of my head, Carl Moore's TD catch and Hernandez's catch near the goal line were badly thrown balls that receivers made great plays on.

IDK bout that. I think those throws were put in the only spot they needed to be in.

Favre has made a whole career of those throws.

I think he threw the ball pretty darn well. He made the pinpoint endzone throws when he needed and threw a nice deep ball.

IDK what game you were watching.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#41 : December 07, 2008, 08:29:18 AM

Bama by 21

Buckeye hating on the Gator will blind you every time. Bama by 21---Silly Luckeye fans

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 07, 2008, 10:13:36 AM

IDK what game you were watching.

LOL...

Tebow was one-hopping receivers tonight, and it was mainly due to Alabama's pressure more than anything else.  Tebow made a couple great throws, especially when they needed them on big 3rd downs, but his receivers also helped him out on 3 or 4 more.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 07, 2008, 10:23:06 AM

OK...I edited my original statement from "inaccurate most of the night" to "inaccurate for the first half."  Does that make you guys happy?

Kid was money in the 4th quarter.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 08, 2008, 03:06:55 PM

Great game. For the most part I'd say things went as expected.  Meyer vs Saban done.... Meyer vs Stoops FTW!   Great college match ups.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alabama & Florida « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools