Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tuberville DONE at Auburn « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#45 : December 13, 2008, 04:49:31 PM

Wowey wow wow wow. 

Iowa State finished 2-10 (0-8 in the Big 12) in 2008.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#46 : December 13, 2008, 04:59:32 PM

being a short sighted SEC school... makes for bad hirings. The fan base probably loved dumping Tuberville... wonder how they like this hahaha

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#47 : December 14, 2008, 11:11:30 AM

The fan base probably loved dumping Tuberville

I think its pretty stupid to fire him now

Bottom line, the people at Auburn are stupid.    Idiots.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#48 : December 14, 2008, 11:36:37 AM

Chizik to Auburn?

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=888957

If true, why?  Why fire Tuberville for this guy?  5-19 at Iowa State.  I realize he was a good coordinator at Auburn, but really, this is the best Auburn could do?

PS:  He' s Florida Grad lol

As a Bama fan.....I welcome this guy with open arms.....I wonder how many times we can beat Auburn before they look for another coach.......and they made a huge mistake in getting rid of Tuberville

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#49 : December 14, 2008, 11:55:16 AM

It's too bad Gill was black. He would have been a nice fit ....

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#50 : December 15, 2008, 02:57:23 PM

Why?  Because he's black?

Sir Charles agrees with you.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3770769

"We talked about the whole race thing in Alabama," Barkley said. "I told him it's there and it's going to be anywhere you go."

Hey, that's great Charles.

How dare a team hire a guy who has been a D-Coordinator for two National Championship teams, instead of the guy whose greatest achievement is an 8-5 record.

I'm not saying Chizik is better than Gil, because I don't know.  All I know is, despite the Iowa State record, he does have the credentials for the job.  A two-time National Championship winning Coordinator looks pretty good against the MAC Champion.

For the record, I think Gil will be a pretty good coach, but I don't think the racism chants are fair for a School that hires a former coordinator who was very successful with them.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#51 : December 15, 2008, 04:31:26 PM

Why?  Because he's black?

Sir Charles agrees with you.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3770769

"We talked about the whole race thing in Alabama," Barkley said. "I told him it's there and it's going to be anywhere you go."

Hey, that's great Charles.

How dare a team hire a guy who has been a D-Coordinator for two National Championship teams, instead of the guy whose greatest achievement is an 8-5 record.

I'm not saying Chizik is better than Gil, because I don't know.  All I know is, despite the Iowa State record, he does have the credentials for the job.  A two-time National Championship winning Coordinator looks pretty good against the MAC Champion.

For the record, I think Gil will be a pretty good coach, but I don't think the racism chants are fair for a School that hires a former coordinator who was very successful with them.

I love Sir Charles ......

If Alabama hadn't passed over Croom for Shula I, personally, wouldn't have thought anything about this in regards to that state but it does make you think ..... even though I agree that Chizik isn't a horrible hire, how often do you see someone with his immediate record coming to a high profile program like Auburn even if there was some success, at a lower level, in the past. Maybe there are some examples that I'm just not aware of ...... Also, just curious, but any idea why Chizik left Auburn to begin with?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#52 : December 15, 2008, 04:43:10 PM

I think the reason he left Auburn for Texas was the "Assistant Head Coach" title, along with the money...I'm not sure though.

Shula was 26-23 while at Alabama.  Croom was 21-38 while as Miss. State.  It appears Alabama made the right decision.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#53 : December 15, 2008, 05:36:11 PM

Also, just curious, but any idea why Chizik left Auburn to begin with?

Aren't you on the record previously that it's arrogant to think that a coordinator job at one school (Auburn in  this case) is a better gig than a Head coach at another BCS school (Iowa State)?

If so, it appears there is your answer on why he left Auburn. 

Well, that and probably a LOT of money.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#54 : December 15, 2008, 10:14:08 PM

Shula was 26-23 while at Alabama.  Croom was 21-38 while as Miss. State.  It appears Alabama made the right decision.
Apples to oranges. Shula inherited a far superior team at a far superior program.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#55 : December 15, 2008, 10:16:33 PM

Also, just curious, but any idea why Chizik left Auburn to begin with?

Aren't you on the record previously that it's arrogant to think that a coordinator job at one school (Auburn in  this case) is a better gig than a Head coach at another BCS school (Iowa State)?

If so, it appears there is your answer on why he left Auburn. 

Well, that and probably a LOT of money.
Also, Tuberville is a very respected defensive coach. When Auburn's defenses play well, he gets the credit before the coordinators. Mack Brown's background is offense and he's very hands off. Being the defensive coordinator their is almost like co-head coach.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#56 : December 15, 2008, 10:23:37 PM

Shula was 26-23 while at Alabama.  Croom was 21-38 while as Miss. State.  It appears Alabama made the right decision.
Apples to oranges. Shula inherited a far superior team at a far superior program.

While there is no arguing that Alabama is the far superior program to Miss. State, Shula did beat Croom every year in recruiting and 2 out of 3 times on the field.  They were in the same Division of the same Conference, how else would you like to evaluate them?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#57 : December 16, 2008, 08:44:49 AM

Shula was 26-23 while at Alabama.  Croom was 21-38 while as Miss. State.  It appears Alabama made the right decision.

While there is no arguing that Alabama is the far superior program to Miss. State, Shula did beat Croom every year in recruiting and 2 out of 3 times on the field.  They were in the same Division of the same Conference, how else would you like to evaluate them?
Alabama should out-recruit and out-play Mississippi State every year. They have far better players. There really is no way to properly evaluate them other then to say they both didn't do good enough. But in a sport of haves and have-nots it's hard to use head-to-head as the defining factor. For example Ron Zook beat Bobby Johnson all 3 years they played each other, but most people would say Johnson is the better coach.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#58 : December 16, 2008, 09:29:10 AM

This "racist" talk is freakin' ridiculous.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#59 : December 16, 2008, 09:38:55 AM

Shula was 26-23 while at Alabama. �Croom was 21-38 while as Miss. State. �It appears Alabama made the right decision.

While there is no arguing that Alabama is the far superior program to Miss. State, Shula did beat Croom every year in recruiting and 2 out of 3 times on the field. �They were in the same Division of the same Conference, how else would you like to evaluate them?
Alabama should out-recruit and out-play Mississippi State every year. They have far better players. There really is no way to properly evaluate them other then to say they both didn't do good enough. But in a sport of haves and have-nots it's hard to use head-to-head as the defining factor. For example Ron Zook beat Bobby Johnson all 3 years they played each other, but most people would say Johnson is the better coach.

I would say head-to-head, recruiting, and overall record in the same division in the same conference during the same time period is as close as an evaluation that you can get.

I don't think there were many players that Bobby Johnson and Ron Zook were trying to recruit at the same time, while Croom and Shula were going after the same guys most of the time.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tuberville DONE at Auburn « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools