Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tuberville DONE at Auburn « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#60 : December 16, 2008, 10:26:55 AM

Does Alabama being 10-3 the year before Shula got there and 7-5 the year before that, while Miss State was 2-10 the year before Croom got there, 3-9 before that, and 3-8 before that have to do with anything?

And Bobby Johnson knows not to even bother going after the 4 and 5 star players that are going to go to Florida no matter who the coach is, just like players like Andre Smith are going to go to Alabama no matter who the coach is.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#61 : December 16, 2008, 10:29:35 AM

Also, just curious, but any idea why Chizik left Auburn to begin with?

Aren't you on the record previously that it's arrogant to think that a coordinator job at one school (Auburn in  this case) is a better gig than a Head coach at another BCS school (Iowa State)?

Yes, I am on record with that ..... What's that got to do with my question, though?  ;)

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#62 : December 16, 2008, 10:59:02 AM

Shula was 26-23 while at Alabama.  Croom was 21-38 while as Miss. State.  It appears Alabama made the right decision.
Apples to oranges. Shula inherited a far superior team at a far superior program.

While there is no arguing that Alabama is the far superior program to Miss. State, Shula did beat Croom every year in recruiting and 2 out of 3 times on the field.  They were in the same Division of the same Conference, how else would you like to evaluate them?

C'mon, Biggs, ANY coach at Bama is going to beat ANY coach at MSU in recruiting. It's a crap program per your Gator brethren. The very fact that Croom was able to beat both Auburn AND Bama at their houses makes you wonder what he could have done with the resources at Alabama ...

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#63 : December 16, 2008, 01:53:33 PM

Shula was 26-23 while at Alabama.  Croom was 21-38 while as Miss. State.  It appears Alabama made the right decision.
Apples to oranges. Shula inherited a far superior team at a far superior program.

While there is no arguing that Alabama is the far superior program to Miss. State, Shula did beat Croom every year in recruiting and 2 out of 3 times on the field.  They were in the same Division of the same Conference, how else would you like to evaluate them?

C'mon, Biggs, ANY coach at Bama is going to beat ANY coach at MSU in recruiting. It's a crap program per your Gator brethren. The very fact that Croom was able to beat both Auburn AND Bama at their houses makes you wonder what he could have done with the resources at Alabama ...
No, it doesn't make you wonder at all.

MSU had better recruiting classes than Bama in both '02 and '03.

Why do you think that was? For those that are willing to get involved in this ridiculous argument, I hope you know the answer to this without looking it up. Since it hasn't been mentioned, I fear that you do not.

I doubt Croom would have lasted any longer at Bama than Shula.

The man that took over the Bama job in '03 was doomed to not have a very long tenure.

Just as Bama was doomed to have the race card thrown in their faces.

According to some, we didn't hire Croom, because of race. I guarantee, that had we hired him, and then fired him in a manner similar to how Shula got the axe, then the race card would have been played by the same jackasses.

Seriously, this is freakin' ridiculous.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#64 : December 16, 2008, 02:28:34 PM

Shula was 26-23 while at Alabama.  Croom was 21-38 while as Miss. State.  It appears Alabama made the right decision.

While there is no arguing that Alabama is the far superior program to Miss. State, Shula did beat Croom every year in recruiting and 2 out of 3 times on the field.  They were in the same Division of the same Conference, how else would you like to evaluate them?

No, it doesn't make you wonder at all.

MSU had better recruiting classes than Bama in both '02 and '03.

Why do you think that was? For those that are willing to get involved in this ridiculous argument, I hope you know the answer to this without looking it up. Since it hasn't been mentioned, I fear that you do not.

Enlighten us ....

I doubt Croom would have lasted any longer at Bama than Shula.

The man that took over the Bama job in '03 was doomed to not have a very long tenure.

Just as Bama was doomed to have the race card thrown in their faces.

According to some, we didn't hire Croom, because of race. I guarantee, that had we hired him, and then fired him in a manner similar to how Shula got the axe, then the race card would have been played by the same jackasses.

Seriously, this is freakin' ridiculous.

So what you're saying is that Bama actually did Croom a favor by not hiring him because the coach in that slot was doomed .... That actually is the only reason that makes sense if you don't buy into the racism angle. On paper, Croom appeared to be the better choice based on his coaching history ...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#65 : December 16, 2008, 03:26:10 PM

Does Alabama being 10-3 the year before Shula got there and 7-5 the year before that, while Miss State was 2-10 the year before Croom got there, 3-9 before that, and 3-8 before that have to do with anything?

I think those years had more to do with the teams being full of upperclassmen.  Shula's 2003 team's best players were Fr. and So.

http://tidentenn.com/2003FootballRoster.htm

And Bobby Johnson knows not to even bother going after the 4 and 5 star players that are going to go to Florida no matter who the coach is, just like players like Andre Smith are going to go to Alabama no matter who the coach is.

So, then Bobby Johnson doesn't recruit the same players Ron Zook would.  Croom and Shula were going head to head.

If Ole Miss can get a Michael Oher, then Miss. State can get a Michael Oher/Andre Smith.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#66 : December 16, 2008, 03:36:41 PM

C'mon, Biggs, ANY coach at Bama is going to beat ANY coach at MSU in recruiting.

As has been stated, MSU beat Alabama in recruiting in '02 and '03, before Croom got there.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#67 : December 16, 2008, 03:55:39 PM

C'mon, Biggs, ANY coach at Bama is going to beat ANY coach at MSU in recruiting.

As has been stated, MSU beat Alabama in recruiting in '02 and '03, before Croom got there.

So, everything else in my post was spot on, then ..... Thanks.   ::)

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#68 : December 16, 2008, 04:11:08 PM

I generally quit reading a post if the first sentence is horribly wrong...so...

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#69 : December 16, 2008, 04:31:51 PM

I generally quit reading a post if the first sentence is horribly wrong...so...

Good one ...

I used to do that a while back, too ..... perhaps you noticed my lack of responses to your posts.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#70 : December 16, 2008, 04:35:35 PM

Ouch...

It's pretty obvious you try every time you think you can, and by all means, continue.  The last attempt turned out wonderfully.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#71 : December 16, 2008, 05:18:17 PM

The last attempt turned out wonderfully.

I thought so, too .....

LFO

Hall of Famer

#72 : December 16, 2008, 07:12:06 PM

Aren't you on the record previously that it's arrogant to think that a coordinator job at one school (Auburn in  this case) is a better gig than a Head coach at another BCS school (Iowa State)?

Yes, I am on record with that ..... What's that got to do with my question, though?  ;)

Why he left Auburn to begin with?

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#73 : December 16, 2008, 09:22:54 PM

Aren't you on the record previously that it's arrogant to think that a coordinator job at one school (Auburn in� this case) is a better gig than a Head coach at another BCS school (Iowa State)?

Yes, I am on record with that ..... What's that got to do with my question, though? �;)

Why he left Auburn to begin with?

He didn't leave Auburn to go to Iowa State. He left to be a co[/b]-defensive coordinator at Texas A&M, although it was mentioned he might have been an asst head coach also ...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#74 : December 16, 2008, 09:24:56 PM

He didn't leave Auburn to go to Iowa State. He left to be a co[/b]-defensive coordinator at Texas A&M, although it was mentioned he might have been an asst head coach also ...

Not Texas A&M, Texas...where they won the title with Vince Young.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tuberville DONE at Auburn « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools