Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tuberville DONE at Auburn « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

Snook

Hall of Famer
: December 03, 2008, 05:28:05 PM

An official announcement is expected later this evening and it hasn't been determined if Tuberville was fired or negotiated a buyout.

Stay tuned.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 03, 2008, 05:35:14 PM

I think Jon Gruden drove through Alabama once.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 03, 2008, 05:36:13 PM

How do you feel about this, Snook? Haven't you always felt that he was a good coach, but a bit of an **CENSORED**?

If they let him go, without something HUGE already lined up, then they made a big mistake, IMO.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Snook

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 03, 2008, 05:45:40 PM

I've never liked Tuberville.  Hated him since day one because of how he left Ole Miss.  Very Petrino-like.  And his move to dump FSU from the schedule in his first months was very chicken sh.  In my opinion, Tuberville is a scumbag.   Is he a good coach?  I'll reluctantly say yes..  But he's not elite. 

That being said, I think its pretty stupid to fire him now -- unless he refused AGAIN to fire his offensive assistants.  The problem at Auburn has always been the fact that Tuberville would never fire his offensive assistants.  He'd hire new OC's year after year and not let them bring in their own assistants.   That never works... Which is why they've had so many offensive coordinators...

Bottom line, the people at Auburn are stupid.    Idiots.

I don't know who they'll replace him with.  Of course, the Mike Leach rumors have begun...

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 03, 2008, 05:50:10 PM

unless he refused AGAIN to fire his offensive assistants. 
That's the rumor that I've heard since this morning

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Snook

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 03, 2008, 05:55:57 PM

I'm not surprised.  I don't know why he's so set on those guys.  They suck.  Period.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 03, 2008, 06:04:23 PM

I'm not surprised.  I don't know why he's so set on those guys.  They suck.  Period.
At the least Hugh Nall has had a very good track record developing offensive linemen.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 03, 2008, 06:21:39 PM

Of course, the Mike Leach rumors have begun...

They should...

Why would Leach go to Washington, like is being rumored?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 03, 2008, 06:27:08 PM

Of course, the Mike Leach rumors have begun...

They should...

Why would Leach go to Washington, like is being rumored?
Because they have money, facilities, tradition, it's a progressive metropolitan city and most importantly there are far fewer programs in your way in the Pac 10 than in the SEC. In the SEC Steve Spurrier coaches the 7th or 8th best team. It's an arms race.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 03, 2008, 06:31:49 PM

I would think he would do just as well to stay at Tech, as far as competition and recruiting go.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 03, 2008, 06:36:07 PM

Good - I hate coaches who refuse to actually say words on the sideline.  Hes a Coach that doesn't ...coach.    Sometimes he erupts at the refs...woo wooo.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 03, 2008, 06:41:17 PM

I would think he would do just as well to stay at Tech, as far as competition and recruiting go.
Yeah, in the Big XII if Texas and Oklahoma are doing their jobs, they'll always be #1 or #2. Any other school like Texas Tech has a shot at #3. In the Pac 10 if USC is doing its job, everyone else is playing for #2. Those aren't bad odds when you consider how many programs you have to go through to win at Auburn.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 03, 2008, 08:37:46 PM

typical SEC style... one bad year done.

Someone on the radio today said Auburn is like a girl that thinks shes a 10 in reality shes a 7.

Turberville I thought was decent. Wonder who their after next... Fullmer, Willingham, Brian Kelly?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 03, 2008, 09:06:00 PM

As a Gator fan, I must say, I am happy to see him go.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 03, 2008, 10:10:13 PM

typical SEC style... one bad year done.

Someone on the radio today said Auburn is like a girl that thinks shes a 10 in reality shes a 7.

Turberville I thought was decent. Wonder who their after next... Fullmer, Willingham, Brian Kelly?

I heard that...

It was "Auburn's that girl at the bar that thinks she's a 9 but she's really a 7 and will be unhappy no matter what."

So well said...

Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tuberville DONE at Auburn « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools