Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tuberville DONE at Auburn « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

Snook

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 03, 2008, 10:10:59 PM

Is Charlie Strong available?!?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 03, 2008, 10:45:58 PM

Of course he is available, he is an assistant.  He already turned down Miss. St. though supposedly after Croom was let go.

Of course, Auburn is a much more desirable job, but does Strong want to stay in SEC and go head to head with Meyer, Saban, Miles, Spurrier, etc?  I don't know.

If I am him I am hesitant of taking that job as my 1st HC job.  But really, he is going to be a HC somewhere soon, and a damn good one. 

If Strong is to leave, so long as we can keep McCarney to take over DC I wouldn't be too upset. 

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 03, 2008, 10:57:05 PM

Of course he is available, he is an assistant.  He already turned down Miss. St. though supposedly after Croom was let go.

Of course, Auburn is a much more desirable job, but does Strong want to stay in SEC and go head to head with Meyer, Saban, Miles, Spurrier, etc?  I don't know.

If I am him I am hesitant of taking that job as my 1st HC job.  But really, he is going to be a HC somewhere soon, and a damn good one. 

If Strong is to leave, so long as we can keep McCarney to take over DC I wouldn't be too upset. 

they better hire a minority...

according to PTI oregon made a bad choice because we should have interviewed a minority.

so auburn interview a minority... not the best availble

LFO

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 03, 2008, 10:57:51 PM

they better hire a minority...

according to PTI oregon made a bad choice because we should have interviewed a minority.

so auburn interview a minority... not the best availble

Who is the minority these days anyway?

Snook

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 03, 2008, 11:00:38 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=3743358

AWESOME editorial.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 04, 2008, 07:45:47 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=3743358

AWESOME editorial.
That was a good read.

Has it been established that he was let go?

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 04, 2008, 09:35:09 AM

A lot of reports are saying that he was resigned.  It was probably "resign and we wont fire you" deal.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 04, 2008, 09:36:43 AM

oops:  Link

http://www.oanow.com/oan/news/local/article/au_issues_release_on_tubervilles_resignation/49443/

www.Atlbucs.com

Snook

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 04, 2008, 10:03:27 AM

"I’m going to remain in Auburn and help the Auburn family however I can."

Huh?!?

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 04, 2008, 11:22:11 AM

"I�m going to remain in Auburn and help the Auburn family however I can."

Huh?!?

Def strange.   I think that translates to:

"I just got a slap-yo-mamma fat paycheck and am content never working again.  If you want to hire me, you'll have to offer me a boat load of money." 

www.Atlbucs.com

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 04, 2008, 01:52:00 PM

Isn't McCarney's name being bantered about for other hc jobs also?

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 04, 2008, 02:06:06 PM

Weis keeps his job and Tuberville doesn't.......College football is so strange sometimes

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 04, 2008, 03:37:48 PM

Interesting Update:

Tuberville's resignation comes as shock to Auburn AD
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3744885

Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs was shocked when Tommy Tuberville resigned as football coach, saying Thursday he and university President Jay Gogue tried to talk Tuberville out of it the previous day and had never considered firing him.

www.Atlbucs.com

LFO

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 04, 2008, 05:15:10 PM

Isn't McCarney's name being bantered about for other hc jobs also?

Naturally, but I think he'd be better off taking over as DC at UF, who is stacked defensively for at least next year and probably longer.  I don't think he will be up for very attractive HC jobs right now, but if he could lead the UF defense for a year or 2 I bet he could get a nice gig. 

Either way should he leave I'd wish him well, but unless a major job comes up I think he should stay as a better job could probably be had in the future.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 04, 2008, 06:21:05 PM

Of course, the Mike Leach rumors have begun...

They should...

Why would Leach go to Washington, like is being rumored?

Leach didn't think it was a good idea either.  He removed his name from consideration.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tuberville DONE at Auburn « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools