Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How does this mock sound « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 06, 2008, 09:08:27 AM

Why does Tampa need another center?

Well Unger has played Tackle, and probably is the most versatile OL in this draft. Hes not just a "center". If you want a versatile OL who you can put anywhere on the line thats him.
We already call him Jeremy Zuttah.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#16 : December 06, 2008, 09:10:48 AM

How about this English kid...Some say he is the most dominant pass rusher in this draft

Kid had like 32.5 career sacks

Would love to get him in the second...his stock will probably soar at the combine though

#17 : December 06, 2008, 09:11:47 AM

Well Unger has played Tackle, and probably is the most versatile OL in this draft. Hes not just a "center". If you want a versatile OL who you can put anywhere on the line thats him.

Thats why I included him here. The Bucs have a thing for kids you cn put anywhere there is a hole

#18 : December 06, 2008, 09:14:27 AM

Max Unger 3rd... thats not happening.

Hes at worst mid 2nd rd pick.

I think he is worthy of a Second myself...BUT I also thought Devin Thomas, Desean Jackson, Limas Sweed, Zuttah, Mendenhall would go much much sooner than expected

If there is not much noise in the first or mid second round for offensive lineman he man fall in the Bucs lap in the third

MBF

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 06, 2008, 09:23:31 AM

The O-line isn't a hole though, so drafting another OL early is not smart.

#20 : December 06, 2008, 09:23:47 AM

I also like this Deon Butler kid...he is close to breaking the Penn State recieving record held by OJ McDuffie

gypsie

Starter

#21 : December 06, 2008, 09:48:58 AM

I think we will draft a OL in the 1st 3 rounds we didnt need Zuttah last year but we drafted him they are hell bent on having depth and competion on the OL. If we do go OL I would much rather us take the best true tackle on the board.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 06, 2008, 01:47:03 PM

There's only two conditions for drafting an offensive linemen before round 5:

1.) The team doesn't intend to re-sign Trueblood so they get his replacement in the 2nd or 3rd round, or

2.) Somehow there's a dual threat pass blocking and run blocking left tackle in round 1.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 06, 2008, 02:09:26 PM

Unger won't make it past the first day, IMO.

Said it before, saying it now and will probably say it at least one more time before the draft. No Harvin. Would much rather have Heyward-Bey, IF we draft a WR in the first round, which I don't they will.

Methinks it will be either an OL or DL

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 06, 2008, 02:26:25 PM

I know, Tampa wouldnt draft him. It would be a waste.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 06, 2008, 02:27:37 PM

Max Unger 3rd... thats not happening.

Hes at worst mid 2nd rd pick.

I think he is worthy of a Second myself...BUT I also thought Devin Thomas, Desean Jackson, Limas Sweed, Zuttah, Mendenhall would go much much sooner than expected

If there is not much noise in the first or mid second round for offensive lineman he man fall in the Bucs lap in the third

Hes climbing the boards. He will be the first interior OL taken in the draft, I dont see how he wont. The kid from Cal is solid but Unger is more versatile.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 06, 2008, 02:37:35 PM

The kid from Oklahoma will be the first interior lineman draft this year, followed by Mack from Cal then Unger

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 06, 2008, 02:39:02 PM

Harvin wont come out imo.

Id like to get something like.
Round 1-Darrius Heyward-Bey WR
Round 2-Vance Walker DT
Round 3-Clay Matthews LB
Round 4-Tim Jamison DE
Round 5-Greg Carr WR
Round 6- Jorvorskie Lane FB
Round 7- Jamario O'Neal S

I am scared Bey might be the next Troy Williamson.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 06, 2008, 02:40:01 PM

The kid from Oklahoma will be the first interior lineman draft this year, followed by Mack from Cal then Unger

Unger will go ahead of Mack

#29 : December 08, 2008, 07:41:28 AM

Harvin wont come out imo.

Id like to get something like.
Round 1-Darrius Heyward-Bey WR
Round 2-Vance Walker DT
Round 3-Clay Matthews LB
Round 4-Tim Jamison DE
Round 5-Greg Carr WR
Round 6- Jorvorskie Lane FB
Round 7- Jamario O'Neal S

I am scared Bey might be the next Troy Williamson.

Bey has already said if they done go to the ACC championship this year he is staying at Maryland

They didnt so chances are he stays IMO

So if we go WR #1 its ether Harvin or Maclin (which most likely will be long gone by the time we pick)
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How does this mock sound « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools