Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How does this mock sound « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

« #30 : December 08, 2008, 07:53:57 AM »

The O-line isn't a hole though, so drafting another OL early is not smart.
Didnj't we say this last year before the draft?

Seems like it worked out good....

« #31 : December 08, 2008, 01:08:23 PM »

I wont put it past Allen to pull the trigger on Unger if he is there maybe even as early as round 2

We have had a pretty good run this year (knock on wood) of having our OL being healthy....however next year we may be due for an IR especially at the OL position with all the punding those guys take. You cannot have enough versitile OL on staff....or you may be seeing  the likes of "CampMeat" starting for the Bucs next year if you dont

It is not a position like QB/WR where one goes down you can go on the open market and find a "servicable" replacement

Most of your B-C level guys are already on  rosters

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #32 : December 08, 2008, 01:11:05 PM »

I wont put it past Allen to pull the triggr on Unger if he is there maybe even as early as round 2

We have had a pretty good run this year (knock on wood) of having our OL being healthy....however next year we may be due for an IR especially at the OL position. You cannot have enough versitile OL on staff....or you may be seeing the likes of "CampMeat" starting for the Bucs next year
I can't get on board with ANOTHER O-line pick early on. I wasn't against the Zuttah pick but as good a player as Unger is, it'd be a waste.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #33 : December 08, 2008, 08:17:07 PM »

I wont put it past Allen to pull the triggr on Unger if he is there maybe even as early as round 2

We have had a pretty good run this year (knock on wood) of having our OL being healthy....however next year we may be due for an IR especially at the OL position. You cannot have enough versitile OL on staff....or you may be seeing the likes of "CampMeat" starting for the Bucs next year
I can't get on board with ANOTHER O-line pick early on. I wasn't against the Zuttah pick but as good a player as Unger is, it'd be a waste.

I agree its not a need, but it wouldnt be a waste to draft a good player no matter then position

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #34 : December 08, 2008, 08:22:13 PM »

That's usually true but we have more pressing needs like QB and DT. I wouldn't cry if Unger was the pick but he's not high on my list.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How does this mock sound « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools