Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do the Gators really have a chance tonight? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
: January 08, 2007, 11:42:25 AM

I want to say yes...if it is yes, IMO it might be an ugly win...like to know what the rest of you think.

What are the odds? :o

#1 : January 08, 2007, 11:47:04 AM

I think the Gators are team that CAN win ugly, and that may serve them well in this game.  I think they can compete athletically with the Buckeyes.

If the Gators win, I see the reason being that the Gators are able to come out and surprise OSU with just how good their D is.

I think that OSU will probably win, but it's almost 50-50 IMO.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 08, 2007, 11:48:09 AM

It's gonna be ugly for OSU and Troy Smith tonight.

Boriqua

Starter
#3 : January 08, 2007, 11:53:11 AM

Yes, they can definitely win. They have the defense to put some pressure on Smith, and everyone should keep and eye on the Gators WR's. If the Oline holds, the Gators WRs will be running circles around the OSU secondary. Leak just needs to keep his head in the game and not make mistakes. If the Gators get blown out, I put it on the coaches, as they sure have the players to win it.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#4 : January 08, 2007, 12:03:01 PM

No.. the Buckeyes will beat them by at least 1 touchdown.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 08, 2007, 12:12:04 PM

Here is what I think. OSU defense will be all over that spread option, zone stuff UF runs and will keep the gators for really getting up early. I think OSU struggles on offense early but the OSU defense keeps it close enough early, OSU by 10.

Baghead #2

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#6 : January 08, 2007, 12:13:54 PM

Florida is to fast of an offense and deffense for OSU, and our trickery is nothing like what OSU has gone up against....there for my pre-game prediction is this:

Florida by 10

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

#7 : January 08, 2007, 12:17:09 PM

The OSU secondary will get to see just how fast Percy Harvin really is.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 08, 2007, 12:23:59 PM

I'm not for or against any team but I think OSU comes out slow on offense and then picks it up. I also think with the time off they should have a great plan on meyers spread option offense. They did a good job on Vince young last year when they faced that offense. I do know one thing, Meyer won't out coach Tressel, Tressel will win that job hands down.

If florida can get up early and extend that lead to 2 scores they have a shot but I think its only a matter of time till OSU gets acclimated after being off 50 days and when they do, they will score points unlike any team Florida has faced this year. The difference in the game will be Troy Smith, Bucks by 10.

Baghead #2

#9 : January 08, 2007, 01:34:13 PM

I've only seen one Ohio State game (vs Michigan) and one Gators game (vs Auburn) and would say it looks to be a pending shootout. A good friend of mine is a huge Buckeyes fan and thinks it will be a landslide in their favor. As someone who had to stay in Dayton, OH for a couple of year for work...I root for anything against Ohio. It's the armpit of this country...if you ask me.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 08, 2007, 01:40:12 PM

I've only seen one Ohio State game (vs Michigan) and one Gators game (vs Auburn) and would say it looks to be a pending shootout. A good friend of mine is a huge Buckeyes fan and thinks it will be a landslide in their favor. As someone who had to stay in Dayton, OH for a couple of year for work...I root for anything against Ohio. It's the armpit of this country...if you ask me.

Ha! I was in columbus this weekend with my g/f and those people up there are freaking psycho about the buckeyes! They all think it will be an a$$kickin...

Baghead #2

#11 : January 08, 2007, 01:42:10 PM

Ha! I was in columbus this weekend with my g/f and those people up there are freaking psycho about the buckeyes! They all think it will be an a$$kickin...

Everyone I've ever run across that has gone to Ohio State seem to think the Buckeyes could join the NFL and become a dynasty. It's ridiculous.

TEAMCALI

Starter

#12 : January 08, 2007, 01:49:51 PM

I can't wait for this .. game  I just don't want a blow out like the lsu and norte dame game.... I wana see another boise st..  type of game!!  ..   not a fan of either team.. just want to see a hard fought game!

SB4TB

Starter

#13 : January 08, 2007, 04:01:43 PM

Any team would have a chance against the Buckeyes, so sure the Gators do, I just don't see the Gators winning. 

superbuc

Practice Squad
#14 : January 08, 2007, 04:05:17 PM

no dog in this fight...i grew up in NC and my alma mater is ECU!

My semi-educated opinion....and we know what they say about those.....;)

Gators 24 Buckeyes 17 ----->  2 scores for gators come on special teams and D.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do the Gators really have a chance tonight? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools