Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: D.U.I. Dog drops Chris Landry « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Yakuza Rich

Rookie

: December 07, 2008, 12:27:27 AM

A bad year ends badly for the Drunk Dog.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/06/duemig-dumps-landry/

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 07, 2008, 12:35:02 AM

Kind of shows what kind of idiot Duimig is.  He has his little rants, and he is negative, and he pushes buttons, but at the same time, he is very full of crap.  And his football acumen regarding the Bucs is about negligible, simply because of his rep for being such a fabricator/instigator.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 07, 2008, 12:47:14 AM

ignore him.

We have a guy like that out here. John Canzano, hates the Ducks, will write stories why Bellotti should be fired blah blah. He does it to work people up. He knows they will continue to listen and read his column.

Dumig obviously has you Buc fans hooked... dont listen, and dont post about him!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : December 07, 2008, 09:03:00 AM

Stopped subscribing to PR when they continued to do their show w/ Duemig. He has absolutely no class whatsoever.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 07, 2008, 11:46:14 AM

Stopped subscribing to PR when they continued to do their show w/ Duemig. He has absolutely no class whatsoever.

you were not alone...  but I still have my PI avatar under my name, which is weird since I haven't subscribed for almost a year now.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 07, 2008, 03:57:13 PM

I had to post there also knowing how this has turned around...OBD

spartan

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 07, 2008, 07:09:11 PM

"I have decided to terminate my relationship".

Yea right, like you had a hand in the decision.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 07, 2008, 10:26:58 PM

Has anybody confirmed this? Florio is about a credible a source as Deumig ....

#8 : December 07, 2008, 11:12:33 PM

OBF that is good advice but it's tough when literally 9 out of every 10 "high ranking" members of the local media take that approach towards the Bucs and more specifically Jon Gruden

It's not just them saying they dislike Gruden, and providing their own reasons. They say they most ridiculous things like players dont want to play for Gruden. Gruden has evil thoughts behind every decision he makes, and behind every decision their is some underlying conspiracy. It is ridiuclous, and it makes it less fun to be a fan

Supposedly we have one of the top 10 sports sections in the country in the St Pete Times, yet the BUcs beat writers are very unkowledgable about the sport and more like casual fans with journalism degrees who get fired up and take things personally rather than assess the team from an objective standpoint. I understand thats their job, to get emotional and speak their mind but they do it to a degree that puts aside all rational thoguht and journalistic integrity just sso they can continue to push thier agenda.

#9 : December 07, 2008, 11:19:58 PM

"We heavily criticized Duemig during a Friday afternoon Live Blog of Landry’s appearance, because we believed that Duemig didn’t do enough to ask tough follow-up questions or to confront Landry with the apparent smoking-gun proof of plagiarism.  At one point during the show, Duemig invited yours truly to “kiss [his] ass” regarding such criticisms."

SHOCKING!

Thats all the guy does, he covers up the facts and paints things in a good light when it fits his agenda like not criticizing a player/coach he likes or has done an interview with

and then he'll flip the script and start bending the facts or connecting the dots when there is no evidence to do so, when he wants to throw somebody he doesnt like under the bus

The guy has no integrity. And what makes it so infuriating to people who listen to him is he does it in such a volatile way

biffbeaumont

Starter

#10 : December 08, 2008, 06:08:36 PM

Has anybody confirmed this? Florio is about a credible a source as Deumig ....

He announced it at the top of his show today. Supposedly he got even more "evidence" regarding Landry. Wish somebody could roll tape on his a$$ from last week's Monday show where he said he would defend Landry to the the grave.  And of course he said "this is the last time I'm going to talk about it'. Hmmmmm...'cause he was wrong?? 

Dash Riprock

Starter

#11 : December 09, 2008, 11:47:15 AM

Can't wait for his beatdown of Gruden today(sarcasm).

Stratobuc

Starter
#12 : December 09, 2008, 11:53:50 AM

And that's exactly why I won't be listening between 3 and 5. You know what's coming.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 09, 2008, 01:32:16 PM

you guys take duemig too seriously.

you're exactly the people that drive his ratings up. if it werent for "outraged listeners" we wouldnt have shock jocks.

#14 : December 09, 2008, 06:46:00 PM

very true, but I dont think it's the listeners fault. People work, or drive to and from work and make listening to local sports talk radio an everyday part of their life to help pass the time by. Is it too much to ask for a reasonable and honest host who doesnt tell ouright lies and have agendas?

I understand to a large extent that is what a shock jock is supposed to be, but you can get people fired up talking sports without being a liar with an agenda
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: D.U.I. Dog drops Chris Landry « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools