Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are we overlooking Atlanta? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

3drdre

Starter

: December 07, 2008, 06:42:57 AM

Quite frankly, now that I think about it I don't get it.

Hypothetically, if the Bucs and Falcons both win this week, and the Falcons beat Tampa, that puts both teams at 10-4.

Falcons would then have @ MIN, and vs. STL

Bucs would then have vs. SD and vs. OAK

Why are we overlooking the Falcons? Granted they first have to beat the Saints for all this to come true (and we have to beat the Panthers) but I am just saying this team can definitely win out and we shouldn't underrate them.

I also think if we beat the Panthers, I don't see us beating the Falcons on the road for a 6th straight win...it's a tough spot psychologically.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 07, 2008, 07:00:28 AM

I dont think anyone is overlooking them...But they arnt the opponent this week.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 07, 2008, 09:59:59 AM

Exactly.

#3 : December 07, 2008, 10:19:37 AM

First, lets focus on beating the Panthers this week, to hold an advantage over them and claim 1st place.  Hopefully the aints come out and bust the Falcons in the chops, but if not, we'll focus on them next.

If the Bucs are able to do this and finish off the division with a 5-1 record, with these last two on the road, we stand the best chance we've had in the playoffs since winning it all in '03.  The Panthers usually play us very tough, tomorrow should be no exception considering what is at stake.  Are we able to win against them?  We are but I don't expect to see a win the way we did against them in our house.

JC510

Practice Squad

#4 : December 07, 2008, 10:22:35 AM

If we beat Carolina we essentially clinch tiebreaker over ATL, even if they beat us.

#5 : December 07, 2008, 10:27:46 AM

Why are we overlooking Atlanta?

A better question would be why are you overlooking Carolina? They're the next opponent and should get all of our attention. We'll worry about Atlanta when we get to them.

JC510

Practice Squad

#6 : December 07, 2008, 10:41:49 AM

A better question would be why are you overlooking Carolina? They're the next opponent and should get all of our attention. We'll worry about Atlanta when we get to them.

You gonna tell him what to have for lunch too?

GoBucs40Bulls8

Starter

#7 : December 07, 2008, 11:31:25 AM

I agree. Carolina and Atlanta are both going to be difficult. This week we play Carolina, so lets worry about them and face the Falcons when the time comes.

One week at a time. . . .

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 07, 2008, 11:48:12 AM

You gonna tell him what to have for lunch too?

lol

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 07, 2008, 11:49:14 AM

on the other hand, he has a point, and I hate to admit it when Illuminator has a point...

JC510

Practice Squad

#10 : December 07, 2008, 12:13:10 PM

on the other hand, he has a point, and I hate to admit it when Illuminator has a point...

No he doesn't. I don't open London threads because I'm not interested in London right now. If people want to talk about London, that's fine. 3drdre wants to talk about Atlanta. If he doesn't want to talk about Atlanta then don't open the thread. There are plenty of Carolina threads for him.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 07, 2008, 12:23:04 PM

My question is: Why do people care if we the fans overlook an opponent? Does this mean Gruden and the team is? So who cares if we say we will crush someone. It means nothing

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 07, 2008, 12:38:03 PM

Because the chances of ATL winning back to back games vs NO and TB is going to be impossible for them.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

BucsRule80

Starter

#13 : December 07, 2008, 12:41:47 PM

I agree with InChuckyItrust. The chances that they win back to back games against division rivals and the chances we lose back to back games against division rivals are very slim. Plus, we owned both Atlanta and the Panthers the 1st time we faced them.

3drdre

Starter

#14 : December 07, 2008, 01:07:38 PM

I'm not overlooking Carolina I just feel like everyone is writing off ATL to win the south.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are we overlooking Atlanta? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools