Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are we overlooking Atlanta? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 07, 2008, 01:31:42 PM

I'm not over looking them at all that is a damn good team now.. But I could see a very close game next week in the Atl. 

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 07, 2008, 01:45:26 PM

Why are we overlooking Atlanta?
Quite frankly, now that I think about it I don't get it.

A better question would be why are you overlooking Carolina? They're the next opponent and should get all of our attention. We'll worry about Atlanta when we get to them.

Totally agree and I just root against Atlanta but want to focus on Carolina...JMO...OBD

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 07, 2008, 01:46:17 PM

My question is: Why do people care if we the fans overlook an opponent? Does this mean Gruden and the team is? So who cares if we say we will crush someone. It means nothing

We just like to carry the sentiment of the Coach and Team...OBD

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 07, 2008, 01:49:11 PM

In that scenario that we beat CAR, SD, and OAK and lose to ATL who wins out, I believe we own the strength of victory tie-breaker....But I've not verified the math.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#19 : December 07, 2008, 01:52:25 PM

Uncle Stan said on another thread (playoff calculator thread):
"If all 3 (ATL, CAR, TPA) go 3-1, the Bucs are in.

Carolina would have to go 4-0 to win the Div. That means beating the Bucs and the NYG. Not a likely scenario.

ATL can only win if TPA and CAR virtually collapse."

This made me feel more relaxed about the Falcons.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 07, 2008, 02:34:12 PM

Why are we overlooking Atlanta?

A better question would be why are you overlooking Carolina? They're the next opponent and should get all of our attention. We'll worry about Atlanta when we get to them.

I'm not overlooking Carolina I just feel like everyone is writing off ATL to win the south.

Who is everyone?

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 07, 2008, 02:37:20 PM

Atlanta does not control their own destiny at this point. And if the Saints beat them, it would be damn near impossible for them to win the division. The Bucs and Carolina would have to lose out.

BucsRule80

Starter

#22 : December 07, 2008, 05:00:00 PM

Now, I'm not too worried about them.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 07, 2008, 05:31:02 PM

Might suggest y'all go to the calculator thread on the Red Board.

It answers a lot of questions.

And iits easy to calculate different scenarios.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

white dragon

Practice Squad

#24 : December 07, 2008, 08:21:50 PM

if the posters here dont start studying up on ATL they just might surprise us

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 07, 2008, 08:23:37 PM

They don't scur me

GoBucs40Bulls8

Starter

#26 : December 07, 2008, 08:24:13 PM

It's not that we're overlooking them, not at all. Atlanta at home is going to be tough. I don't think the posters are ignoring them, but are just focused on this week, as well they should be.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 07, 2008, 09:35:10 PM

Tomorrow's game is the most important game for every Tampa Bay fan and every Carolina fan. This game is going to be amazing.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#28 : December 07, 2008, 09:40:46 PM

The BUCS have a game on MNF vs the Panthers. They will get around to beating the Falcons up at RayJay North next week.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 07, 2008, 10:21:32 PM

Hypothetically, if the Bucs and Falcons both win this week, and the Falcons beat Tampa, that puts both teams at 10-4.

Falcons would then have @ MIN, and vs. STL

Bucs would then have vs. SD and vs. OAK

Why are we overlooking the Falcons? Granted they first have to beat the Saints for all this to come true (and we have to beat the Panthers) but I am just saying this team can definitely win out and we shouldn't underrate them.

I also think if we beat the Panthers, I don't see us beating the Falcons on the road for a 6th straight win...it's a tough spot psychologically.

I didn't even read the rest of the thread - would offer two thoughts - this week's game is Carolina - and on tuesday preparations will start for the Atlanta game.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are we overlooking Atlanta? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools