Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Realistically, who do you want to see at QB for the Bucs next year? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#75 : December 08, 2008, 02:22:00 PM

Saying that you would have kept a 32-year-old QB as evidence to why you would keep a 39-year-old QB isn't really a compelling argument, IMO.

Dilfer's skills, however limited they were, would not have diminished much from one year to the next.  Garcia's skills have diminished greatly from last year, I don't want to think about what condition they will be in next year at this time.

So, I basically had it right what your point was, that the age made the difference for you.

And I didn't bring up Dilfer, I wasn't trying to use him as evidence. In fact I'm still unsure about when they gave him the boot.  Plus I don't need evidence to prove what I'm thinking. I just say it, no?  I'd keep my SB winning QB the next year.  Simple.  

As far as making that choice look good evidence would be nice, but I haven't gotten there. We haven't got to the point were Garcia is an SB winning QB yet so....  I hope he plays well tonight.

Bottom line, I'd say this thread is for folks who have given up on this season.  I find that odd to say the least.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#76 : December 08, 2008, 02:24:19 PM

Threads like this one really highlight the difference I have with so many people on this board. Is it even time to consider next year's QB? I don't get it at all.

At this point I'm thinking next year, I'd like to have Garcia back, after all who gets rid of a SB winning QB the next year?

I see what you did there.

How about the Ravens?

Did they give Trent the boot before the next season? How did that work out of them?

I think I'd roll the dice on it again.

I would think the absence of Jamal Lewis may have had just a little bit to do with the Ravens situation the year after their Super Bowl win. Trent Dilfer wasn't going to change that.

Yeah, that refreshes my memory.  Lewis as rookie kicked arse. Year two injury as I recall, bad year. 

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#77 : December 08, 2008, 02:25:08 PM

Bottom line, I'd say this thread is for folks who have given up on this season. �I find that odd to say the least.

How so?

Is any thread discussing draft prospects, free agency, possible coaching changes, etc. mean that folks are giving up on this season?  I don't think so.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#78 : December 08, 2008, 02:39:34 PM

Garcia is better than the guys you listed VA Bucs Fan.

I mean Bulger is the only one you could argue and he can't do anything with guys like Orlando Pace protecting him and oh...beasts in Torry Holt and Steven Jackson surrounding him.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#79 : December 08, 2008, 02:46:56 PM

Bottom line, I'd say this thread is for folks who have given up on this season. �I find that odd to say the least.

How so?

Is any thread discussing draft prospects, free agency, possible coaching changes, etc. mean that folks are giving up on this season? �I don't think so.

Because you're already talking about next season.

Quite possibly yes. I don't think there's enough info in your question to answer completely and totally, but such topics could certainly qualify, yes.  

I don't think any such thread automatically means they've given up either. 

Diehart fisherman

Starter

#80 : December 08, 2008, 05:45:14 PM

Tim Tebow    Saturday night Tim made  2TD throws that most pro QB would have not made!!!  Bamas DB where all over the wr and Tim put the ball where only the wr could get it.

#81 : December 08, 2008, 05:55:15 PM

after all who gets rid of a SB winning QB the next year?

The Ravens dumped Dilfer and brought in Elvis, i believe.

Garcia at 39? Can't fathom it.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#82 : December 08, 2008, 06:22:25 PM

Josh Johnson (granted I love the kid), we didnt let him get loose so we must know something. We should find out what he can do for us by giving him more of a chance in the QB competition if Garcia isn't there. Cassel looks iffy to me but I like his swagger and how he kept the Pats together. McNabb seems to be great one week then horrible the next so I really am undecided. As for drafting, Tebow and Bradford both have the tools to be great NFL qb's but most importantly they have the attitude. Anyone who watched Tebow's press conference can't say any different and if watching Bradford jump for that touchdown didn't at least put a smile on your face you can't say you enjoy football.

SO:
No Garcia means I want Johnson getting a fair chance along with Luke but I'd prefer Johnson. McNabb and Cassel could be options with Cassel getting the upper hand.
Bradford or Tebow (let me remind you I didn't think Tebow was capable of being an NFL QB until this season) if we don't pursue the previous options.

I second that with Johnson, give him a shot. A guy with those numbers in college ( and I don't care if it were high school ) has to be given a shot. Or let him go to another team and become the worst mistake besides not drafting Adrian Peterson.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#83 : December 08, 2008, 06:23:25 PM

I'd like to see Luke get a real shot at starting next year.  I wouldn't doubt it though if our starter was Garcia, Griese, or some other retread like Kitna.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#84 : December 08, 2008, 06:45:42 PM

Not living in a fantasy football world, but instead living in reality:

1. Who would you LIKE to see as the starting QB for the Bucs next season?
2. Who do you actually THINK will be the starting QB for the Bucs next season?

1-Garcia or McNabb
2-Griese

You must be accountable for your actions!
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Realistically, who do you want to see at QB for the Bucs next year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools