Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Luke McCown « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 08, 2008, 01:04:15 PM

Florida Native---I'm pretty sure he means Josh McCown...

Josh backs up in Miami behind Pennington.

I'm pretty sure you completely lost me on that post...an entry into "incorrect post of the year"...

k_bassuka

Starter

#16 : December 08, 2008, 01:37:07 PM

Who is Luke McCown?
The only QB on the roster who can make every throw.

The only QB in the NFL that needs 10+ seconds to decide what to do with the ball.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 08, 2008, 01:46:44 PM

Who is Luke McCown?

The only QB in the NFL that needs 10+ seconds to decide what to do with the ball.

Have you watched Garcia much this year?

#18 : December 08, 2008, 02:01:07 PM

Who is Luke McCown?

Sometimes I wonder if he has watched the Bucs at all this year....

------------------------

But why even have this thread?  There is no way in hell we make a change until Jeff gets hurt.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 08, 2008, 02:06:00 PM

wait....people that are trying to say McCown is better than Garcia are questioning whether or not somebody else has watched the Bucs this year?

If you have seen the Bucs this year, you would have seen that the Bucs have won 6 out of the last 7 games.  You would see that Jeff has a QB rating in the 90s and a completion percentage in the upper 60s.   

With Luke, there is no way we are 9-3.  And the only comeback you have is that "we won't get far with Jeff"....well we just don't know that, now do we?  Did anyone think before we won the Super Bowl that Brad Johnson could take us places?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 08, 2008, 02:13:48 PM

With Luke, there is no way we are 9-3.

Speculation

Did anyone think before we won the Super Bowl that Brad Johnson could take us places?

Brad outperformed Garcia by so much it's not even funny

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 08, 2008, 02:20:05 PM

With Luke, there is no way we are 9-3.

Speculation

Did anyone think before we won the Super Bowl that Brad Johnson could take us places?

Brad outperformed Garcia by so much it's not even funny

brandenontian...it would also be speculation to say that McCown would give us a better chance or say that if Warren Sapp came out of retirement and we acquired him from the Raiders and put him in at QB...that we could go 16-0 with him.  It's just that my speculation has stats to back it up.  Its not like we are winning in spite of Garcia.  Last game wasn't a great showing for Jeff and the D saved our butts, but it wasn't like he turned the ball over.

And in 2002 we scored 346 pts.  This season we have scored 280 pts.  As Brad was amazing that year, don't act like Jeff can't lead the offense. 

Do you honestly want to bench Jeff and put in McCown in the midst of a 9-3 super bowl contending run?  If we do that, we honestly go 10-6 on the year.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 08, 2008, 02:27:38 PM

Do you honestly want to bench Jeff and put in McCown in the midst of a 9-3 super bowl contending run?

Nope, but this statement:

If we do that, we honestly go 10-6 on the year.

isn't true, either.

Your admiration for Garcia is preventing you from seeing that we are winning in spite of him, not because of him.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 08, 2008, 02:35:44 PM

Biggs....we won in spite of Jeff in New Orleans.  Even then he kept some drives alive with his legs.

Garcia and the offense was able to lead us back to wins in DET and KC.  But I guess Tyler Thigpen burning Barber was Garcia's fault?

It's a team effort.  Obviously our D is our strength, but you act like Garcia is as bad as McCown, Griese, Simms, Gradkowksi. 

Garcia's the best QB we've had in a while, since 2002 Brad Johnson.

k_bassuka

Starter

#24 : December 08, 2008, 04:08:27 PM

Who is Luke McCown?

Sometimes I wonder if he has watched the Bucs at all this year....

------------------------

But why even have this thread?  There is no way in hell we make a change until Jeff gets hurt.

What happens when both QB Jeff and Luke break the huddle?

Jeff -- lines up his players look at the defense make adjustments, snap the ball (1.5 seconds past) he know type of coverage and if primary target is covered then start jumping to ensure his vision is not blocked by the taller OL/DL in front of him while looking for another target, (3 seconds past) he got rid off the ball, scrambled or got sacked (try to squeeze the ball in).

McCown -- lines up his players if the coach doesn’t yell at him he doesn't make changes to the play even though 4 players lined up on one side of the defense and you only have 2 players to block them with in case they blitz, snap the ball (1.5 seconds past) he's trying to figure out what’s going on and locks up to his primary target, (3 seconds past) he is hoping that the receiver gets open even when he has 3 players on him, (4 seconds past) gives his primary receiver one more look, (5 seconds past) he its wondering why is no one open even though he has only looked at his primary target, (6 seconds past) he feels pressure and decide to look at the other target(s), (7 seconds past) he is about to cry and is wondering why some one is holding his leg, (8 seconds past) he is sacked and confused, (9-10 seconds past) man next time after 2 seconds I'm going to look at my secondary target if my primary is covered and a second later I'm going to take off if I don't find anyone open, (next series) he gets sacked in 1.5 second because he didn't make any changes and didn't see the blitz coming. He is wondering, “what’s going on this shouldn’t happen to me, I’m the only one that can make every throw”.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 08, 2008, 04:12:51 PM

Funny but true post.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#26 : December 08, 2008, 05:00:44 PM

McCown = Flacco.   Give the man a chance to run the show.   Of course his offensive coordinator doesn't compare to Cam Cameron in Baltimore but he can definately move the Bucs offense if given a chance.    Let's hope Mr. Conservative doesn't rely on the defense to win the ballgames in Tampa next year.

P.S.  Luke would have beat the Saints again this year given a chance.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 08, 2008, 05:06:41 PM

LMAO!!!! Luke would have beat the Saints? How the hell do you know? He hasn't proven anything to any team to warrant a full time starting position so why are people still complaining?

blitz

Pro Bowler
#28 : December 08, 2008, 05:10:23 PM

LMAO!!!! Luke would have beat the Saints? How the hell do you know? He hasn't proven anything to any team to warrant a full time starting position so why are people still complaining?

He beat the Saints last year.  You remember.. right?  In New Orleans. 

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 08, 2008, 05:29:29 PM

Big freaking Deal.

So did Bruce "Where Am I Now?" Gradkowski.

...and, no..."Reggie Bush" beat the Saints.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Luke McCown « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools