Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS BRING BACK MORRIS TO COACH DBs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: January 08, 2007, 01:54:44 PM

PewterReport.com is reporting that Kansas State University defensive coordinator Raheem Morris is replacing Greg Burns as the Buccaneers secondary coach. The 30-year old Morris was groomed in the Tampa 2 under defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin from 2002-05. After two years as a quality control/defensive assistant, Morris spent the 2004-05 seasons assisting defensive backs coach Mike Tomlin with Tampa Bay's secondary. When his contract expired, he left for the opportunity to become a defensive coordinator at K-State.

Burns was hired last January to replace Tomlin, who left to become the defensive coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings. PewterReport.com will have more on this story later this afternoon.

http://pewterreport.com/articles/view/2791

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 08, 2007, 01:56:09 PM

So was Burns on a one year deal or was he fired?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#2 : January 08, 2007, 02:06:03 PM

Great news.

I for one won't be completely dissapointed if Jethro gets a chance for another year. He deserves some credit for the play of some young guys like Javon Haye and Julian Jenkins, who were both better than expected. He was coach on some decent Green Bay lines too. Its not really fair to compare him to Marinelli.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 08, 2007, 02:09:15 PM

Now let's see how they upgrade the offensive coaching staff.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#4 : January 08, 2007, 02:11:02 PM

Now let's see how they upgrade the offensive coaching staff.

looking forward to this!!!

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 08, 2007, 02:12:12 PM

Mularkey is out there as an interesting OC type, and I believe Miami's Oline coach was Houck

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 08, 2007, 02:16:49 PM

Mularkey is out there as an interesting OC type, and I believe Miami's Oline coach was Houck

Houck is still under contract, terminating the HC doesn't change the assistants. Whoever MIA hires will have first dibbs at keeping him.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#7 : January 08, 2007, 02:17:18 PM

This is good news.  It's obvious at this point that Gruden and Kiffin are sticking around, but it will be interesting to see what the assistants (and maybe even OC) look like going into next year.

Anway...it may be hopeless homerism, but I think this is a great move.  I always liked Raheem.

I call him Raheem because it certainly is more distinctive than "Morris".  :)

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 08, 2007, 02:19:24 PM

wow that was fast. Burns didn't last long and from this I'm sure there was grumblings behinds the scenes about his style of coaching.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#9 : January 08, 2007, 02:26:59 PM

That is great news IMO. Morris was supposed to be Tomlin's replacement and is a guy that the players respect. Kudos to Bruce Allen for doing what he had to to get Morris back in Tampa.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 08, 2007, 02:28:18 PM

I actually find it hard to believe Burns would quit his D Coordinator position just for a secondary coach position in the NFL. Either he knew some bad winds were coming in K State, or there is more to this deal than is being told. Like maybe this is Kiffen's replacement?

Either way, glad to have him back.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 08, 2007, 02:29:36 PM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 08, 2007, 02:32:47 PM

I read on a Miami Herald website article that the Dolphins would try to retain Houck regardless of who they hire as HC. That implies that he isn't under contract, but he'll probably give Miami first priority...

#13 : January 08, 2007, 02:33:36 PM

Sweet.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#14 : January 08, 2007, 02:33:50 PM

I actually find it hard to believe Burns would quit his D Coordinator position just for a secondary coach position in the NFL. Either he knew some bad winds were coming in K State, or there is more to this deal than is being told. Like maybe this is Kiffen's replacement?

Either way, glad to have him back.

A lucrative multi-year contract would sway most college coordinators. Also, a lot of our defensive position coaches have gone from that title to defensive Coordinator to Head Coach. Morris has to see this position as a way to further his career.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS BRING BACK MORRIS TO COACH DBs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools