Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS BRING BACK MORRIS TO COACH DBs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

acacius

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 08, 2007, 02:50:00 PM

I actually find it hard to believe Burns would quit his D Coordinator position just for a secondary coach position in the NFL. Either he knew some bad winds were coming in K State, or there is more to this deal than is being told. Like maybe this is Kiffen's replacement?

Either way, glad to have him back.

A lucrative multi-year contract would sway most college coordinators. Also, a lot of our defensive position coaches have gone from that title to defensive Coordinator to Head Coach. Morris has to see this position as a way to further his career.

Still, I can't say I'd be astounded if there turned out to be something to SepeBucs' speculation.  That is, that Morris took this position with the understanding that he would have the inside track when Monte retires.  Which, frankly, Morris probably should.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#16 : January 08, 2007, 02:54:39 PM

I actually find it hard to believe Burns would quit his D Coordinator position just for a secondary coach position in the NFL. Either he knew some bad winds were coming in K State, or there is more to this deal than is being told. Like maybe this is Kiffen's replacement?

A lucrative multi-year contract would sway most college coordinators. Also, a lot of our defensive position coaches have gone from that title to defensive Coordinator to Head Coach. Morris has to see this position as a way to further his career.

Still, I can't say I'd be astounded if there turned out to be something to SepeBucs' speculation. That is, that Morris took this position with the understanding that he would have the inside track when Monte retires. Which, frankly, Morris probably should.

I don't think that has to be the case. Every one of our most recent position coaches have been hired/promoted by another team. I think Morris realizes that being a pupil of Monte Kiffen will open quite a few doors for him, whether with the Bucs or elsewhere and a lot more doors than would have been opened with him coaching at K State.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 08, 2007, 02:55:45 PM

Oh, I know.  I'm not saying it HAS to be the case.  Just that it wouldn't shock me if it did turn out to be the case.

#18 : January 08, 2007, 02:57:53 PM

Still, I can't say I'd be astounded if there turned out to be something to SepeBucs' speculation.  That is, that Morris took this position with the understanding that he would have the inside track when Monte retires.  Which, frankly, Morris probably should.

Yeah...and he's only 30...our secondary was undoubtedly better when he was here before...

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 08, 2007, 04:00:17 PM

the guy the bucs wanted to replace tomlin all along.  i'm glad we've got him back in the fold, as young as he is he can really groom new incoming coaches on "the kiffin way".  great response to the recent brain drain brought on by tampa's tremendous success in developing high-quality coaches lately

marlevr

Second String
#20 : January 08, 2007, 04:11:21 PM

Great news, here's for an improved secondary play.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 08, 2007, 04:15:41 PM

great i have happyness today

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 08, 2007, 06:26:03 PM

bring the guy from ATL in.

I'm not in favor of that.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 08, 2007, 04:24:49 PM

Now if they can just replace Muir and Jethro....

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 08, 2007, 04:27:39 PM

This is great news. Not the news I wanted to hear about an assistant coach getting replaced, but maybe that's still to come. Hopefully we have news soon of a new O-line coach as well.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#25 : January 08, 2007, 04:29:39 PM

Now if they can just replace Muir and Jethro....

Replacing Muir is why we need a real GM. I doubt Gruden will do it.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 08, 2007, 06:22:41 PM

This is an excellent move. The Bucs secondary missed that fiery coaching style.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#27 : January 08, 2007, 06:25:02 PM

Great move. Now get rid of Muir and bring the guy from ATL in.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 08, 2007, 04:32:12 PM

Replacing Muir is why we need a real GM. I doubt Gruden will do it.

Sigh.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 08, 2007, 05:11:15 PM

I just updated the story with some new information:

http://pewterreport.com/articles/view/2791
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS BRING BACK MORRIS TO COACH DBs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools