Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS BRING BACK MORRIS TO COACH DBs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #30 : January 08, 2007, 05:29:19 PM »

The Buccaneers have lost Barry, replaced Burns and brought back Morris, and sources tell Pewter Report that there will be further attrition on the coaching staff this year. More changes are expected to happen this week.

Allen indicated that all of Tampa Bay’s coaches are under contract with the exception of quarterbacks coach Paul Hackett. Hackett’s deal expired at the end of the season

o.O

bklynbucs11

Starter

« #31 : January 08, 2007, 05:59:51 PM »

Can I ask one thing - why are people hating so much on Jethro Franklin? As much as our defense has fallen, the D-line didn't really play all that much worse this year. Let's keep in mind, we traded our starting UT & we never had our best pass rusher healthy. yet, our D-line still managed to get some penetration. D-white had his best season and should make a serious push for starting LE (because I think we need one pure pass rusher at RE). Hovan was if nothing else steady.

Yes, we had less sacks. Remember - no Rice, and most importantly, we were always playing from behind. Meaning teams were generally running against us, not throwing.

We definetely need help, but Jethro did pretty damn well with the meager talent we had on this team. Quite frankly, I trust him and I want to see how our line performs with some fresh talent.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #32 : January 08, 2007, 06:03:46 PM »

I too like Jethro.  But I will not shed a tear if Muir is gone.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #33 : January 08, 2007, 06:47:08 PM »

This is an excellent move. The Bucs secondary missed that fiery coaching style.

I definitely agree with this

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #34 : January 08, 2007, 06:47:45 PM »

Mularkey is out there as an interesting OC type, and I believe Miami's Oline coach was Houck

Houck is still under contract, terminating the HC doesn't change the assistants. Whoever MIA hires will have first dibbs at keeping him.

Yeah, but couldn't we steal him if we offered a promotion (AHC?)?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #35 : January 08, 2007, 06:48:17 PM »

I definitely agree with this

The Bucs just upgraded their secondary without signing a player.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #36 : January 08, 2007, 07:03:58 PM »

This is good news.  I wonder what made Morris come back ($$$?).

Well, the secondary might be improving all ready.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #37 : January 08, 2007, 07:52:46 PM »

This may be one of the best bits of news we hear for a long time. Burns obviously did not fit here and Morris has always been the logical successor to Tomlin.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #38 : January 08, 2007, 09:39:25 PM »

I too like Jethro.  But I will not shed a tear if Muir is gone.

I will, a tear of happiness.

shall555

Starter

« #39 : January 08, 2007, 09:46:05 PM »

Imagine how good Buchanon will be with Raheem's fiery coaching style. Allen needs to re-sign him. Pronto. With Kelly back to 100%, we'd have a CB corps of Barber, Kelly, and Buchanon. That's pretty damn solid. Our DBs could return to dominance. Just add 2 pass rushers on D and we're back.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #40 : January 08, 2007, 09:49:33 PM »

I'm starting to think that there's a growing chance the Bucs may part ways with BK in favor of making Buchanon the starter.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #41 : January 08, 2007, 10:31:12 PM »

I like Kelly at FS and Z at the nickle

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #42 : January 09, 2007, 08:37:38 PM »

Thanks for your efforts, Greg. But it was clear that splitting was the best for both the Buccaneers and him.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #43 : January 10, 2007, 02:08:25 AM »

I am very glad he is back.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS BRING BACK MORRIS TO COACH DBs « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools