Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why is Derrick Deese Upset? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

: January 08, 2007, 06:37:52 PM

He's starting to remind me of Beckles.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 08, 2007, 06:25:28 PM

After what went down here in Tampa with Deese and his "injury," I don't put any stock whatsoever into anything he says.

Bucs33

Second String

#2 : January 08, 2007, 05:07:32 PM

I am not sure if in the Tampa area you guys get Fox Sports Radio but here is Wisconsin, Derrick Deese hosts a show on the radio and almost every week he has somethign negative to say about the Bucs and Jon Gruden. 

A few weeks ago he said "Oh Boy, why don't you just asked me how I really feel on waht happens down there in Tampa Bay with Gruden."  he seems really bitter about soemthing.  Any idea what.  other than he was a complete waste to bring to tampa...

#3 : January 08, 2007, 05:09:22 PM

I used to like Double D, but his whole 'injury' thing really made me dislike him as a player.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 08, 2007, 05:10:19 PM

Yeah derrick, blame it on the coaches buddy, nice job, good work. While your at it get mom involved too...

Baghead #2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 08, 2007, 05:11:00 PM

He had an injury that he claimed existed and that no doctor could find. We cut him but you can't cut an injured player. He filed a greivance and I don't recall where it went from there but basically he thinks we owe him money or that we tried to screw him out of money.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#6 : January 08, 2007, 05:16:41 PM

He had an injury that he claimed existed and that no doctor could find. We cut him but you can't cut an injured player. He filed a greivance and I don't recall where it went from there but basically he thinks we owe him money or that we tried to screw him out of money.

exactly-- and Gruden and Allen were quite vocal about it as well.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 08, 2007, 06:59:03 PM

And back in the early days of Dungy's reign in Tampa there was a LB(whose name I don't remember) that threatened to kill him after being cut.  Every coach is going to have bitter ex players.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 08, 2007, 07:14:37 PM

I would love to call in that show and ask him how his foot "injury" is coming along.  I hope he can walk now!

Pulling Guard

Second String

#9 : January 08, 2007, 07:25:49 PM

And back in the early days of Dungy's reign in Tampa there was a LB(whose name I don't remember) that threatened to kill him after being cut. Every coach is going to have bitter ex players.

LaCurtis "I'll cut yo @ss" Jones.

T

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 08, 2007, 07:59:31 PM

The way Deese played I think he OWES the Glazers some money.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 08, 2007, 08:09:14 PM

The way Deese played I think he OWES the Glazers some money.

No kidding.  At least Garner was kind enough to hand back some money.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 08, 2007, 08:15:34 PM

In all reality he may have had an injury.  My dad was in an auto accident and they said he was fine even though his back still hurts him to this day (the accident was about 8 years ago).  One dostor said he may have soft tissue damage which would not show up on an MRI and since he can not prove the he is injured then he couldn't get a setlement.  Having said that,  Desse never did anything to show that he could get better and couldn't prove that he was injured he had to get cutted.  The Bucs can not keep players on their roster that are not producing and Desse didn't want to do anything to get better.  I am sure the team would have covered any surgery costs which the other guys insurance wouldn't do for my dad.  Add to the fact that back surgery is worse then foot surgery.

#13 : January 08, 2007, 08:42:43 PM

And back in the early days of Dungy's reign in Tampa there was a LB(whose name I don't remember) that threatened to kill him after being cut. Every coach is going to have bitter ex players.

At the practices I went to that year, LaCurtis looked fantastic, he was all over the field. I was pretty surprised when he got cut.

watson

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 09, 2007, 09:21:53 AM

At the practices I went to that year, LaCurtis looked fantastic, he was all over the field. I was pretty surprised when he got cut.

The problem was he was all over the field but none of the places were where he was supposed to be.  Cover 2 equals being in certain gaps/positions and taking care of your spot. 

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why is Derrick Deese Upset? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools