Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How do we have 1st and goal on the 2yd line, and NOT get a TD? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

JC510

Practice Squad

#15 : December 10, 2008, 09:23:40 AM

Worst part about it is that Garcia blew a timeout before the 1st down play. Everything is a damn science experiment with this offense, can't just line up and run Cadillac 3 times.

k_bassuka

Starter

#16 : December 10, 2008, 09:29:48 AM

How about quit  :'( ing and give the Panthers D some credit they played perfectly those 3 downs, they didn't get whipped like our D did on this game, last I checked we used to be pretty good holding the opposition out of the End Zone (not on this game) and nobody here called the other offenses bad   [banghead]  

So quit blaming the HC for the lack of success sometimes the other team just played better. And it wouldn't matter any way if the offense scored 40 pts on MNF the defense would've managed to allow 50 + pts anyway. We lost the game because poor tackling and the DL getting destroyed out there, not once in the second half CAR punted the ball its ridiculous to blame JG on anything all the blame is on MK and the defense. [banghead]

Buc31

Starter

#17 : December 10, 2008, 09:38:34 AM

Yea that was crazy, they punted once which was when the game was pretty much over.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 10, 2008, 09:44:45 AM

Worst part about it is that Garcia blew a timeout before the 1st down play. Everything is a damn science experiment with this offense, can't just line up and run Cadillac 3 times.

Worst part about is that Smith was wide open in the end zone on 1st Down and we couldn't convert the play.  That's the worst part.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 10, 2008, 10:02:39 AM

Garcia also missed an open Stevens on 3rd down, but he had a brain fart while scrambling (what the hell was that stutter-step) and was too late.

I agree with the run 3-4 times, though.  We've put too much into that OL for them not to be able to manage that kind of down&distance.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 10, 2008, 10:22:49 AM

Garcia also missed an open Stevens on 3rd down, but he had a brain fart while scrambling (what the hell was that stutter-step) and was too late.

I agree with the run 3-4 times, though. We've put too much into that OL for them not to be able to manage that kind of down&distance.

Yes he did and I don't have a problem with the run 3-4 times theory either, but the play worked Garcia/Smith just didn't execute.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 10, 2008, 10:27:32 AM

Everything is a damn science experiment with this offense, can't just line up and run Cadillac 3 times.

i wish we had that mindset.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 10, 2008, 10:37:49 AM

If we line up and run Caddy 3 times and it fails, the whiners will want to know where the play action is.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 10, 2008, 10:39:33 AM

We need a bruiser unning back like lstott or Marshall. I hope we draft one next year.

Askew can do that if Gruden would freakin' let him. Dang man, he should've at LEAST played some gadgets or something THAT close.

Heck, not ONE time would I have played FOR a fieldgoal in that game! Not with them having HF advantage...no way. From the beginning there should have been more points scored. But hey... Maybe Gru/JG now know what they have for a WR in Bryant... so there is at least that.....

This particular game was all on the defense. HOW could you let them run for 300 yards... up the middle, nonetheless?? I don't care what excuses are used, the point is... our defense wasn't even there. They could've "layed" down on the ground and caused them more problems. Even Atl's crappy defense did better against them...now THATS just sad! It was so damned flip-flopped, there is no telling what Bucs team is playing next week.

Boy, I'm Glad San diego doesn't have a running attack...oh, wait...  ::)

I don't care HOW good Kiff is "supposed to be", if he's going to screw everything up before he goes, then why not just go NOW already? I'm thinking even a "new" Morris wouldn't have let that happen....at least not to that extent.. sheesh man. You can't beat ANY team that posts 300 yards (running)on ya...you CAN'T!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 10, 2008, 10:39:58 AM

If we line up and run Caddy 3 times and it fails, the whiners will want to know where the play action is.
No. All the whiners know not to expect it out of Garcia. They'd want to know why the "best offensive line in team history" can't punch it in from the 1 1/2 yard line.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 10, 2008, 10:49:06 AM

What happened to those great play actions plays we used towards the end of last year in the RZ?? Like the one where Graham jumps over the top only for the QB to throw it to Stevens. That worked like a gem a few times.

lol, that was luke mccown with those play actions.  luke has THE best play action in the league.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 10, 2008, 10:53:05 AM

No. All the whiners know not to expect it out of Garcia. They'd want to know why the "best offensive line in team history" can't punch it in from the 1 1/2 yard line.

yeah right ... keep telling yourself that ....

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 10, 2008, 10:54:55 AM

ive never this line fail to get 2 yards with 3 chances.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

#28 : December 10, 2008, 11:10:28 AM

it astounds me how some peopel can start a dozen whiny threads within a couple of days ....

No Olaf, we woudln't.   No one expect to run two play action passes twice on 1st and goal from the two.  When the score is 3-0, you expect run, run, pass and then run again on 4th since the score was only 3-0 at the time.  If we fail to get 1-2 yards in FOUR tries, then at least our derfense has Carolina on their own 1 yard line where all kinds of trouble can happen.  Gruden screwed the pooch on that one, if it was him calling those plays.  Maybe Garcia called the pass to get his miserable TD numbers up, who know. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 10, 2008, 11:12:07 AM

ive never this line fail to get 2 yards with 3 chances.

We've failed in short yardag a few times.  I'm not going to disagree with someone saying run it 3 times from there, but the play was open and the pass should have been completed on 1st down for sure and probably on 3rd as well.

And if we did run it 3 times and it did fail ... people would be here saying "where was the play action"
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How do we have 1st and goal on the 2yd line, and NOT get a TD? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools