Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccs tried to trade for Sapp? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 13, 2006, 08:11:56 PM

I miss Sapp.

I would love to see him back in a Buc Uni.  He has got to be better than Booger.  Who isn't?

jleonard55

Starter
#16 : October 13, 2006, 08:45:25 PM

Not sure how much is left in the tank, but he has 2 sacks this year. That's 2 more than Booger, Wyms, Jenkins, and Hovan have put together.

I think Hovan is playing really well right now, he is consistantly getting penatration along the line. The problem is, that they pull him out on 3rd downs. If it was me, I would bring up Bryant from the Practice squad and start him at Nose Tackle and Move Hovan to the Under Tackle spot and see what he can do when he's not double teamed. Anyone notice that it was Hovan in the backfield on the long run last week in New Orleans? He beat the double team and managed to get one arm on the running back, and totally redirected the direction of the run. If the saftey hadden't completly missed the tackle, it would have been a 4 yard loss.

As for Sapp, he's done, but could probably still outplay Mcfat. Biggest thing the Bucs could do right now is trade for Lynch or Jackson, the saftey play is awful. I did see that Troy Vincent was released from injured Reserve today by the Bills. Couldn't hurt to bring the guy in for a look at saftey. He's played saftey for two years in Buffalo and looked pretty good. He asked to be released so that he could play this year.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 13, 2006, 09:46:47 PM

I'd love to have him back. Even as a part timer. He'll always be a BUC

ditto

#18 : October 13, 2006, 09:52:18 PM

I miss Sapp.

I would love to see him back in a Buc Uni. He has got to be better than Booger. Who isn't?

Sad isn't it?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 13, 2006, 10:01:13 PM

Sad isn't it?
:'(

#20 : October 13, 2006, 10:31:13 PM

So we let Sapp leave in '04 when he was at Bruce ALlen's door everyday be4 FA begging for any kind of contract, and we tried to trade for him a few months later?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 13, 2006, 10:52:01 PM

So we let Sapp leave in '04 when he was at Bruce ALlen's door everyday be4 FA begging for any kind of contract, and we tried to trade for him a few months later?

Sounds like they knew Booger was a bust two years ago, doesn't it?

#22 : October 13, 2006, 11:20:56 PM

No, sounds like a BS rumor. Why would we trade for a guy that was begging to come back? Sapp wouldve resigned for peanuts

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#23 : October 13, 2006, 11:34:52 PM

The fact that Sapp doesn't do much in Oakland doesn't mean he couldn't here. Oakland plays a different scheme, they don't give a crap, and he hates it there. And he still lives here.

drywallbuc

Starter

#24 : October 13, 2006, 11:40:11 PM

the first year  sapp was in oakland than ran 3-4 def., he didnt do **CENSORED**. the next year they switched to 4-3 and his performance went up a notch,nothing compared to his first six or seven years in the league. always seemed to me he did better when doubled teamed instead of 1on1 imo. i agree with bucsandbulls, bring him back make him a TE or FB or good fonoti (run blocker). wasn't he and john lynch let go because of thier mouth in the locker room?

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#25 : October 13, 2006, 11:52:14 PM

Lynch's mouth?? He and Sapp were both leaders. Lynch was hurt & they weren't sure about that. He offered to play for league veteran minimum but wanted to be starter. FO wouldn't do it. You know perfectly well he would get the start over Phillips in TC. And you'll never convince me Sapp couldn't still be playing well if he stayed here.

#26 : October 13, 2006, 11:57:41 PM

Karen, Sapp wasnt playing well when he was playing here. He hasnt played well since 2002.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 14, 2006, 12:06:43 AM

Karen, Sapp wasnt playing well when he was playing here. He hasnt played well since 2002.

Rondebear, Booger hasn't played well since they drafted him.  Well, O.K.  He had a few moments of shine...but they were when you were about 15 years old...loL!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#28 : October 14, 2006, 12:26:55 AM

And remember, Booger didn't play going to the super bowl--broken arm. One Sapp is worth 3 Boogers! ::)

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#29 : October 14, 2006, 01:07:10 AM

ABucsfan, I heard the same thing from Sheffler, however, something doesn't make sense.  In January- February of 2004 the Bucs still had Sapp on contract.  I doubt if they released him , then tried to trade for him a few months later.  Either Sheffler meant 2005, or more likely, the Bucs tried to trade Sapp in early 2004 themselves.
Maybe after seeing what a bust Booger was and watching Sapp catch Charlie garner from behind 30 yards down field in Oakland, they made an offer. But I'll go with what Schefter has to say.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccs tried to trade for Sapp? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools