Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zimmer to be named DC in ATL « previous next »
Page: 1

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

: January 08, 2007, 08:29:23 PM

Can't get any worse than Donatell in Atlanta. He could actually make that overpriced D of Atlanta's do something.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#1 : January 08, 2007, 08:01:00 PM

Cowboys DC is expected to become ATL's DC according to ESPN Radio. Good hire for the Falcons. When he was coaching his style of D a few years ago they were very good. Once Parcells made him switch to a 3-4 he didn't do as good.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 08, 2007, 08:04:54 PM

Should be better than Donatell.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 08, 2007, 08:05:27 PM

Zimmer is a good hire.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 09, 2007, 01:17:55 AM

Zimmer is a good hire.

I agree.  As has been discussed elsewhere, Atlanta has a lot of pieces on the defense.  A strong coach and a FA or 2 and they could have a serious D.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 09, 2007, 08:48:10 AM

Zimmer has been a good coach forawhile here in Dallas. He took a crash course in the 3-4 over the last 2 years but he's clearly a solid 4-3 guy at heart. They're got some weapons to be really good so this hire doesn't make me happy.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#6 : January 09, 2007, 10:04:17 AM

As long as Atlanta continues to have injury prone players on their defense I wouldn't get too upset. Still, Zimmer makes me a bit nervous.

original

Pro Bowler

#7 : January 09, 2007, 10:11:16 AM

He was a great bench coach for the Yankees especially when he took on Pedro but he needs to work on his tackling skills.  I didn't realize he had moved from baseball to football.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zimmer to be named DC in ATL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools