Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When is the last time a white RB ran for 1,000? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Bucs33

Second String

: December 09, 2008, 11:29:12 AM

It appears alstott was the closest white running back to gain 1,000 yards in a season (949 in 1999).  Who was the last white guy to run for 1,000 in  a season?  Was it John Riggins?

If so that has been like 25 years!

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 09, 2008, 11:33:27 AM

White men can't jump....they also aren't fast.

the reason behind this is because african american's can get "jacked" and retain muscle easier than other races.

I am not trying to be discriminatory in any way with my statement.

Also who was the last white CB?  Jason Sehorn.

African Americans are just better football players.  Quarterbacks...not so much...but they got alot of the other positions down pat.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 09, 2008, 11:37:40 AM

This thread is going places.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 09, 2008, 11:55:40 AM

Where is Jimmy the Greek when you need answer like this......

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 09, 2008, 11:59:10 AM

Craig James did it.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

Sactobuc

Starter

#5 : December 09, 2008, 12:00:15 PM

This thread should end now.  A question like this should be answered by your own ability to research the history of the NFL.  On this board all your going to get is (we'll, you'll see)....

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Sactobuc

Starter

#6 : December 09, 2008, 12:13:15 PM

the reason behind this is because african american's can get "jacked" and retain muscle easier than other races.

Also who was the last white CB? Jason Sehorn.

African Americans are just better football players. Quarterbacks...not so much...but they got alot of the other positions down pat.

What is the term "jacked", never heard it.  If your talking about muscular, I have to ask where you get this "medical truth" from or is it just a matter of opinion?  I've always thought mucles were kept by discipline in the diet and weight training.

You say QB's not so much, but I believe this is also a myth...

Do you base your opinions on "who's better than who", because of who occupies a position in the NFL, or do you have a fool-proof answer to back this up?

Have you ever thought that stereotypes and past-practice are why certain races are placed where they are on an NFL/College/High School football team.

It is possible that because of the position one plays they become an icon for their kids to be like their parents, leaning towards repeat position players?  It's rare to see the son of a RB become a QB, but I bet if given the training as a youth it would be possible.  But no matter how great a QB Tom Brady may be to some people, his kids wont want to be a RB, cause their daddy wasn't.

Chew on that for a minute, and get back to me...

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 09, 2008, 12:29:05 PM

I think the answer to the question is Craig James.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 09, 2008, 12:37:55 PM

Thats easy:

LenDale White had 1,110 yards in 2007. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Sactobuc

Starter

#9 : December 09, 2008, 12:39:47 PM

Thats easy:

Now come help me wipe the soda off my screen.  That was some funny Shiite

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 09, 2008, 12:41:37 PM

Thats easy:

Now come help me wipe the soda off my screen.  That was some funny Shiite

Ha - now that I have my smartass answer down, this thread should probably be canned before people get angry.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 09, 2008, 12:49:21 PM

Thats easy:

;D ;D ;D ;D

Awesome!

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 09, 2008, 12:56:23 PM

uh oh...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 09, 2008, 12:58:15 PM

I thought Brian Leonard would have two 1,000 yard seasons by now if I listened to this board's draft projections.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#14 : December 09, 2008, 01:13:47 PM

Also who was the last white CB?  Jason Sehorn.

African Americans are just better football players.  Quarterbacks...not so much...but they got alot of the other positions down pat.

Not sure what you mean about "jacked".

But there are physical differences in muscle types and bone structure.  One example would be, IIRC that white people's calf bones tend to be more curved, where black people have straighter bones there.  Things like that are how forensics people can tell race and sex from incomplete skeletons.

And people need to stop getting all flustered when something like this is brought up.  It's not racist. 

Here, I'll  give you another racist thing I've noted -- Asian people are shorter than white people!  God, what a bigot I am....

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When is the last time a white RB ran for 1,000? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools