Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: IS GALLOWAY DONE IN TAMPA BAY? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

rpp224

Starter

#90 : December 09, 2008, 03:03:45 PM

Bryant has been playing very well and showing sure hands. I can't remember many incompletions when the ball is thrown his way. He was the reason to Tampa keeping it close into the final minutes and has had a hand in a few wins in the past. We know what Galloway has meant to the offense in the past, but when there's a guy on a nice streak, I don't think you want to disrupt that in any way. Galloway's speed would be a major plus, but Bryant's physical play and good hands can take the team further. Receivers like TO and Moss aren't the fastest guys out there, but can be relied upon to get the job done when their number is called. I do agree that completely phasing him out would not be good and hope to see him lined up with Bryant this week (especially on turf where his speed can be most maximized for the offense)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#91 : December 09, 2008, 03:22:48 PM

Bryant is the present and future. Galloway is the past.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#92 : December 09, 2008, 04:20:21 PM

Bryant is the present and future. Galloway is the past.

no arguing that...except is it impossible that galloway could be the present?  and if he's not, why is he active?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bucngators15

Starter
#93 : December 09, 2008, 04:31:04 PM

Galloway is a pansie Why do we all care!!!!

Whoever Said, " Its not whether you LOSE or WIN that counts.... PROBALY LOST

skip

Starter

#94 : December 09, 2008, 05:21:06 PM

All anyone did was complain about not having a receiver opposite from Galloway last year, now we hear that the Bucs can't find away to get them on the same field together because they play the same positon. Hmmmmm

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#95 : December 09, 2008, 05:36:48 PM

I am losing a little respect for a coach that can't form plays with Bryant, Galloway, Clayton/Hilliard, and Stevens/Smith on the field at the same time. 
Those guys combined have speed, size, and sure hands.  There should always be an outlet somewhere.  We always do things in streaks.  Last night Clayton made a catch late in the game.  They then went right back to him and Beason crushed him.  If I can sit on my recliner and almost predict what is coming, how can opposing defenses not?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#96 : December 09, 2008, 05:44:58 PM

Awwwww, you gave him the answer, Ryan. I wanted him to sit on that a few days.

Yeah. I posted that before I saw your similar response.

No worries.  He'll take the completely ignore the thread route like he usually does.

I'm still waiting for a time-frame on when Mahan will "leapfrog" Zuttah...

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#97 : December 09, 2008, 06:17:02 PM

John Gruden can get Tim Brown on the field when he was here but Joey cant get on the field as slot or some other WR position, PLEASE! that BS

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#98 : December 09, 2008, 07:16:21 PM

I think anything Bucs related is newsworthy.  I'm glad you asked the question SR and I'm glad you stuck to your guns until you got an honest answer.   The other stuff is kind of a no-brainer.  Did the team miss Haye?  Obviously....he's the starter.  Why did a good Carolina team run for 300 yards on a good defense?  We all watched the game.  We know the answer to that.  They didn't fill their gaps and tackled like a pop warner team.  Plenty of times they had the back stuffed behind the line and they got stiff armed and face planted.  If that didn't happen they got dragged on the ground for a few yards while they pulled at their shoelaces.   I don't really want the reporters to ask the obvious questions that I already know the answers to by watching the game.  I want answers to the questions I can't get on my own.....like this one.  We can all speculate as to why he's not playing but until we hear it from Gruden's mouth you can't be sure.  Now we are.  Thanks SR.

#99 : December 09, 2008, 09:59:23 PM

Galloway made the bed, so he has to lie in it.    Galloway was a prima donna all last year wtih getting an extra day off for practice than everyoen else.  what kind of example does that set?   Galloway quit on the team in the playoff game last year by walking to the locker room with 3 minutes left to play.  And Galloway's drama during the training camps and pre-season.  screw galloway, who needs him.  ive been saying it since last year.

bucngators15

Starter
#100 : December 09, 2008, 10:57:16 PM

I couldn't agree more FN!!!!!

Whoever Said, " Its not whether you LOSE or WIN that counts.... PROBALY LOST

bucs8ball

Starter

#101 : December 10, 2008, 09:06:19 AM

I think anything Bucs related is newsworthy. I'm glad you asked the question SR and I'm glad you stuck to your guns until you got an honest answer. The other stuff is kind of a no-brainer. Did the team miss Haye? Obviously....he's the starter. Why did a good Carolina team run for 300 yards on a good defense? We all watched the game. We know the answer to that. They didn't fill their gaps and tackled like a pop warner team. Plenty of times they had the back stuffed behind the line and they got stiff armed and face planted. If that didn't happen they got dragged on the ground for a few yards while they pulled at their shoelaces. I don't really want the reporters to ask the obvious questions that I already know the answers to by watching the game. I want answers to the questions I can't get on my own.....like this one. We can all speculate as to why he's not playing but until we hear it from Gruden's mouth you can't be sure. Now we are. Thanks SR.

Here's a no-brainer: Why did Joey Galloway not play yestersday? Because he plays the same position as Antonio Bryant who was on fire.  Don't act like my questions are no-brainers and the Galloway question was some deep journalistic "get."  I just call it like I see it and I don't think this was the "big" story from Monday night's game. If the offense faltered and kept the team from winning, fine... I want to know why the coach couldn't get another playmaker involved. But, the offense's problems had nothing to do with Galloway's lack of PT. To say otherwise is blowing smoke.

Buc31

Starter

#102 : December 10, 2008, 09:15:15 AM

All anyone did was complain about not having a receiver opposite from Galloway last year, now we hear that the Bucs can't find away to get them on the same field together because they play the same positon. Hmmmmm

Amen to that! Thats all we wanted and now we have it....smh. Its not gonna take long for teams to account for Bryant. Just like last yr, I see our playoff opponent stacking the box and blanketing Bryant...then what will we do? Look for others to step up? Imagine if Dallas had Roy on the bench while T.O. played, granted T.O has been getting more looks but Roy is still accounted for.

Orangegone1

Starter

#103 : December 10, 2008, 12:18:46 PM

Clayton's blocking is very important in those 1 yard runs.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: IS GALLOWAY DONE IN TAMPA BAY? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools