Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Arm Tackles, Run Fits, Lack of Pressure & Offensive line « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: December 09, 2008, 01:00:49 PM

It was clear the defense forgot to attended the nationally televised game on Monday night, either that or the media circus surrounding the departure of Monte Kiffin is starting to shine through. This is the worst the defense has looked in a very long time. Poor tackling is nothing more then the lack of playing fundamentally sound football. There were many times in the run fits where defenders were just free lancing and played with a lack of gap integrity and it showed. Since when can you bring ball carriers down with arm tackles and not wrapping  a player up. The defense let the Panthers dictate what was happening and was playing on there heals all night poor game plan and very poor execution.

This offensive line looks more like a mediocre high school line then it does a pro offensive line. At some point you have to line up and just beat your man across from you at this point in time it is just not happening and the Bucs lack the testicular fortitude to get it done in the running game.

Garcia finally played great in the passing game, taking chances downfield and letting his playmaker make plays. What more can be said about Bryant hell of a game last night

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

kennard19

Starter
#1 : December 09, 2008, 01:49:42 PM

I read somewhere that we had 27 missed tackles and half were at the the line of scrimmage or behind. That was the reason for the big (L)

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 09, 2008, 01:52:23 PM

pretty frustrating to watch a couple of guys who completely manhandled the packers get nothing more than half an arm or a shoulder pad  from our guys as a -2 yard run turned into a 30 yarder...

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 09, 2008, 01:58:12 PM

Terrible play from Sims. Get well soon, Jovan Haye.

And great googly-moogly! Will somebody tell me why we didn't run the ball 3x w/ first and goal at the 2? Does Gruden not think we can gain 2 yards on 3 carries?...

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 09, 2008, 02:42:17 PM

And great googly-moogly! Will somebody tell me why we didn't run the ball 3x w/ first and goal at the 2? Does Gruden not think we can gain 2 yards on 3 carries?...

i was fuming about this all the way through the 4th quarter, when i suddenly had far more to be upset about....those 4 points plus the miss by bryant make it a completely different ball game, 7 huge points.  great googly-moogly indeed.

BucsRule80

Starter

#5 : December 09, 2008, 02:49:56 PM

Yea, it was terrible. I have never seen the Bucs miss so many tackles. That's just unacceptable from our defense.

fishman

Starter

#6 : December 09, 2008, 02:52:40 PM

I'm sorry but Jovan Haye is hardly the answer. Guy has 20 tackles on the season. And his presence wouldn't have prevented 27 missed tackles. We got our a$$es kicked. Learn from it and move on.

"The reality is we came in with a bad salary cap situation and we left with some $50 million under the cap, so it's not like we went out and spent a lot of money on players." JG

NovaBuc

Starter

#7 : December 09, 2008, 02:53:30 PM

And think, if we hadn't used the challenge earlier on the Steve Smith catch, would have had the ability to challenge the spot on Bryant's catch, which would have put the ball on the half yard line rather than the three.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 09, 2008, 03:00:59 PM

I will say this -- that 3rd down play where Stevens splits out wide -- we need a new play for those situations...CAR knew what was going on as soon as Stevens moved out wide and I doubt it's any different for every other team in the NFL at this point...

That one falls on Coach Gru...

MBF

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 09, 2008, 03:02:29 PM

Is it just me or was that a horrible job of spotting the ball on the ref's part?

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 09, 2008, 03:13:34 PM

Is it just me or was that a horrible job of spotting the ball on the ref's part?

At the end of Bryant's run? Absolutely...Tirico pointed that out...still, three shots from the 2?

DBHit55

Starter

#11 : December 09, 2008, 03:16:54 PM

yeah i dont understand why they just didnt try to pound it in atleast twice out of the three times let askew do that FB run that helped us out on short gains twice last night

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 09, 2008, 03:17:53 PM

I'm sorry but Jovan Haye is hardly the answer. Guy has 20 tackles on the season. And his presence wouldn't have prevented 27 missed tackles. We got our a$$es kicked. Learn from it and move on.

Perhaps not, but Sims was getting blasted..

acacius

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 09, 2008, 03:18:32 PM

I still say 4x.  I mean, you'd hope it wouldn't take that many, but as heavily as the team has invested in the offensive line over the last few years...

MBF

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 09, 2008, 03:18:50 PM

At the end of Bryant's run? Absolutely...Tirico pointed that out...still, three shots from the 2?
Well football is a game of inches and if the ball had been spotted correctly we might've gone QB sneak for an easy TD. That drive + missing FG/XP shows that we had a chance to win the game despite the fact that our D was horrible and that says a lot about this team.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Arm Tackles, Run Fits, Lack of Pressure & Offensive line « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools