Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: advice. « previous next »
Page: 1

loweredexpectations

Starter
: December 09, 2008, 03:36:03 PM

r.bush        @chi
p.thomas    @chi
m.turner     @tb
jones-drew  @gb
w.dunn       @atl

r.moss         @oak
a.bryant      @atl
s.smith        @den

im leaning towards...
r.bush
jones-drew
w.dunn

r.moss
s.smith

the only reason im thinking of benching turner is because he does not fair well against good run D's. that being said we looked god awful last night against the kitties (tackling) i think we will make up for that in "must win" game for the bucs. turner had 14 carries for 42 yards last time he played us. now ATL is playing better and who knows what can happen... and warrick had 17 fantasy points as a backup when we played them in week 2...

moss and bryant situation. both have been targeted nearly the same amount of times, bryant 66grabs 936yds 5tds and moss with 61grabs 841yds and 8tds

help me out friends! any little advice to persuade my mind one way because they're all solid starts (in essence) this week. i'd be glad to return the favor...

kmitchell

Starter

#1 : December 09, 2008, 05:05:45 PM

My golden rule for deciding who to start/sit, is never sit your studs. For tier 2 caliber running backs, then you go by match ups. You have very good running backs, I would start Reggie Bush, Turner for sure. Our defense got exposed last night by power backs running to the right side. Atlanta is probably dissecting that game tape right now and will most likely do the same thing. Dunn is doing pretty good, but it looks like Williams and Askew are getting the short yardage carries. Between Dunn, Thomas, and Jones-Drew, I would start MJD. The Packers run defense is horrible.

For WR's, I know it sounds crazy but I would sit Moss. He will be matched up against the best corner in the league, Asomugha. Bryant is on fire right now, and Steve Smith is averaging 97.7 yards per game, which is the most in the league. Denver can't get a pass rush to save their lives, which will give Smith plenty of time to get down field and make the big plays against an underachieving Denver secondary.

I would start:
Turner
Bush
MJD

Bryant
Smith

loweredexpectations

Starter
#2 : December 09, 2008, 06:06:08 PM

My golden rule for deciding who to start/sit, is never sit your studs.
couldn't agree more. this is my first time even thinking about sitting turner, but i appreciate your logic. you just secured what little common sense i had running in my mind.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: advice. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools