Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow will be a 1st round draft choice « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

gypsie

Starter

: December 10, 2008, 01:40:34 PM

I would love for him to slip all the way to us in the second round but dont see it happening. No way we draft him in the first though.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 10, 2008, 01:42:52 PM

I don't see how anyone could draft him in the first as a QB.

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

#2 : December 10, 2008, 01:38:12 PM

There are still a lot of things that could change that before the draft (Championship game, combine, etc.) but I never thought he would go that early because of that offense and the fact that he won't be able to do some of the things he does now in the NFL.

However, our red zone problems made me wonder if Tebow could come in situationally to run a wild-cat-like offense in which he could pass well enough to be a quarterback and run well enough to be a fullback, creating a constant double-threat and possible play-action opportuinities without using a running back in the backfield. This is of course if he drops out of the first few rounds since we have other areas we need to address before we draft an experimental quarterback.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#3 : December 10, 2008, 01:28:21 PM

Says Peter King in his latest column. He also says that he has had numerous scouts rave about Tebow as QB in the NFL. I hope he ends up a Buc.

bucwildfan

Starter

#4 : December 10, 2008, 02:26:34 PM

I don't understand the love people have for Tebow on this board.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 10, 2008, 02:32:46 PM

he does exactly what jeff garcia does, high completion percentage, lots of scrambling, protects the ball, great attitude, and wins games.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#6 : December 10, 2008, 02:38:12 PM

Tebow will be a 1st round draft choice in the CFL

Fixed it for you.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 10, 2008, 02:44:36 PM

I see considerably more hate for Tebow on this board than I do love for him.

#8 : December 10, 2008, 02:51:04 PM

I dont hate Tebow.   But he's several rungs lower than Danny Weurfell and look how his NFL career ended up.   Tebow isnt a passing QB, and he doesnt have Michael Vick legs to compensate for it either.   He's a college QB, period.   Bucs wont spend a 1st rounder on him.   Theyd spend a #2 or #3 possibly.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 10, 2008, 02:54:56 PM

But he's several rungs lower than Danny Weurfell

Ok, now that's just silly.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#10 : December 10, 2008, 02:57:19 PM

I think he is a college QB only.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 10, 2008, 02:57:31 PM

I hope we don't draft him in the 1st round. In college he is great but I don't see that transferring to the NFL. In the NFL he won't be able to run over defenders and it will be hard for him to run any offense we he isn't even aloud to audible at Florida. Tebow looks like another victim of the spread offense. It is fun to watch in college but it hardly ever develops a QB.

fishman

Starter

#12 : December 10, 2008, 03:00:51 PM

Another great college QB whose skills will not transfer to the NFL. The list is long and will add by 1 one once Tebow makes it to the NFL.

"The reality is we came in with a bad salary cap situation and we left with some $50 million under the cap, so it's not like we went out and spent a lot of money on players." JG

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 10, 2008, 03:02:16 PM

Heavy amount of Gator fans who are here in Florida is causing this,IMO.

I can't see him as a NFL QB without a lot of training. How is he going to play under center and audible from the line when he's never done it?

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#14 : December 10, 2008, 03:03:45 PM

Peter King should know that Tebow is a Day 2 pick, at best.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow will be a 1st round draft choice « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools