Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow will be a 1st round draft choice « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 10, 2008, 03:05:53 PM

Can the admin create a Tebow Board for these weekly threads?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 10, 2008, 05:19:35 PM

Personally, unless things happen between now and then I think he is a candidate for the #1 pick not just the 1st round.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 10, 2008, 03:48:03 PM

When you read the article you'll notice that this was an opinion of Peter King.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 10, 2008, 04:20:16 PM

he's not the running threat vick was, and he doesn't have the cannon of a jamarcus russell....not the biggest or best anything in NFL terms, but what popped out at you attribute-wise about drew brees, joe montana, tom brady, matt ryan, or anyone else?  these guys have pro-level skills but lack any elite (relative to their NFL peers) physical attributes....the difference is they are tough & hard-working leaders who study like heck and are being coached to their strengths....

you always hear about his work ethic and his dedication, and i can't see him putting in less than 110% to become the best NFL QB and leader he possibly can.  i'm not a gator fan, and i wouldn't want the bucs to be the team that pulls the trigger, but i would not bet against Tim Tebow becoming a Pro Bowl QB

the guys you worry about are the ones who lean on a skill or advantage that will be diminished in the NFL, particularly speed and mobility....tebow's managed to be successful this year without constantly riding his biggest advantage - his size - to success

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 10, 2008, 04:58:56 PM

We should set up a Tebow pool.  first tier, what round does he go in, second tier.  is he any good after year 1 and then year 2.

Do you remember how awful Eli was just a few short season ago?

Plus...guess what guys...he's tall and can see his fr....gen receivers~!!!!!!!

And hell yes, he'd be great his first year playing just the way he did for Urban Meyers.  Situational QB on goal line, sometims third downs.  Get used to speed of game etc.  In fact, I don't know why more rookie QBs aren't used situationally.  Imagine game planning for that!!!!

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 10, 2008, 06:45:16 PM

#1 PICK????  You're kidding right?  So you would take Tebow over a more polished and more ready NFL QB in Matthew Stafford?  Would you take him over Colt McCoy?  Sam Bradford?  There are a lot of talented QB's in college that do squat in the NFL and I think Tebow will be a project that does not pan out.  Again, he will not run the spread in the NFL, he will not be in the shotgun at all times, he will not get away with those jump passes and runs up the middle in the NFL and when you talk about his mechanics he has a slow delivery and his reading of a defense will suffer - you can't all the sudden learn how to take a snap under center and then read a defense when you turn in the pocket.  Great college QB but career back-up and insignificant in the NFL!

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#21 : December 10, 2008, 08:05:40 PM

the only way he'd have success in the nfl is as a coach

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 10, 2008, 08:09:50 PM

#1 PICK????  You're kidding right?  So you would take Tebow over a more polished and more ready NFL QB in Matthew Stafford?  Would you take him over Colt McCoy?  Sam Bradford?  There are a lot of talented QB's in college that do squat in the NFL and I think Tebow will be a project that does not pan out.  Again, he will not run the spread in the NFL, he will not be in the shotgun at all times, he will not get away with those jump passes and runs up the middle in the NFL and when you talk about his mechanics he has a slow delivery and his reading of a defense will suffer - you can't all the sudden learn how to take a snap under center and then read a defense when you turn in the pocket.  Great college QB but career back-up and insignificant in the NFL!

Dead on description of Tebow. Now in college he doesn't have to read defenses, he doesn't audible, and he is always in the shotgun. I just don't see why any team would even pick him up on the first day let alone the first round.

fsubob

Second String

#23 : December 11, 2008, 12:26:32 AM

People, there is no way he will be able to try that crap (fake run, then pass, or hand off) in the NFL.  It works in college, but it will not be successful with top notch players.  I like Tebow as a person, but being a number 1 pick is ridiculous.  I think a lot of Gator fans were saying that about the last Florida QB, but I believe he wasn't drafted (what was his name?).  He is a great college QB, and will be a good backup or starter for a sorry team, but that's about it.  If I am proved wrong, then so be it (but I know I won't be).   And no, I don't have any good things to say about FSU QBs either.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#24 : December 11, 2008, 01:35:24 AM

Peter King says alot of stupid crap.

original

Pro Bowler

#25 : December 11, 2008, 07:57:49 AM

People who don't think he could be be the #1 pick must be forgetting that the Lions are picking 1st.  Now odds are they will take Michael Crabtree, they could go QB in the 1st.  He he, oh yeah, I forgot Millen is gone.  Never Mind.
 ;D

gypsie

Starter

#26 : December 11, 2008, 09:27:20 AM

I love Tebow's game, attitude, and genral out look on life. He is a natrual leader and will succeed at anything he does in life, but being the number 1 pick will not be one of them. Heck Brady Quinn who was much more nfl ready almost slipped to the second round.

Lions,49'ers,and Chiefs are the only teams that are probably looking for a qb in the 1st and I cant see him going that high.

PR. We need a spell check on this board.

#27 : December 11, 2008, 09:47:51 AM

whats sad is if he's available in the 2nd round, I see Gruden taking him.   

gypsie

Starter

#28 : December 11, 2008, 10:30:22 AM

I would take him at the back end of the second round, is he a gamble- of course but no more than Djax and we picked him in the middle of the 2nd. He has potential but it is 2-3 years down the road. I think he could be alot like Rothlesberger(sp) who also has a slow delivery, but he is going to have to learn to read defenses.

stonecoldbucsfan

Rookie

#29 : December 11, 2008, 12:43:35 PM

kiper just said he could be drafted as a tight end/ H-back like chris cooley in the second or third round
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow will be a 1st round draft choice « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools