Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow will be a 1st round draft choice « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

Buc_Sid

Starter

#30 : December 11, 2008, 01:03:03 PM

Says Peter King in his latest column. He also says that he has had numerous scouts rave about Tebow as QB in the NFL. I hope he ends up a Buc.

So were Ryan Leif, Tim Couch, Alex Smith, and Heath Shuler.  What's your point?

brianfantana

Practice Squad
#31 : December 11, 2008, 02:51:32 PM

Tebow will get picked off at least 25 times a year in the NFL.  I want someone to name a time when he went through his progression.   He stares down every receiver he throws to. 

Buc_Sid

Starter

#32 : December 11, 2008, 03:27:47 PM

Tebow will get picked off at least 25 times a year in the NFL.  I want someone to name a time when he went through his progression.   He stares down every receiver he throws to. 

Has a big sllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww wind up too.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 11, 2008, 03:28:44 PM

Tebow will get picked off at least 25 times a year in the NFL.  I want someone to name a time when he went through his progression.   He stares down every receiver he throws to.  

now that is just foolish.  but if the primary option is open, why not use him?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#34 : December 11, 2008, 08:05:06 PM

#1 PICK????  You're kidding right?  So you would take Tebow over a more polished and more ready NFL QB in Matthew Stafford?  Would you take him over Colt McCoy?  Sam Bradford?  There are a lot of talented QB's in college that do squat in the NFL and I think Tebow will be a project that does not pan out.  Again, he will not run the spread in the NFL, he will not be in the shotgun at all times, he will not get away with those jump passes and runs up the middle in the NFL and when you talk about his mechanics he has a slow delivery and his reading of a defense will suffer - you can't all the sudden learn how to take a snap under center and then read a defense when you turn in the pocket.  Great college QB but career back-up and insignificant in the NFL!

Stafford...talk about an interception machine...he is so over-rated.  He has a big arm, that all.  You need to stay away from the commentary of the talking heads doing the games and watched old fatty throw the picks.

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#35 : December 11, 2008, 08:07:31 PM

#1 PICK????  You're kidding right?  So you would take Tebow over a more polished and more ready NFL QB in Matthew Stafford?  Would you take him over Colt McCoy?  Sam Bradford?  There are a lot of talented QB's in college that do squat in the NFL and I think Tebow will be a project that does not pan out.  Again, he will not run the spread in the NFL, he will not be in the shotgun at all times, he will not get away with those jump passes and runs up the middle in the NFL and when you talk about his mechanics he has a slow delivery and his reading of a defense will suffer - you can't all the sudden learn how to take a snap under center and then read a defense when you turn in the pocket.  Great college QB but career back-up and insignificant in the NFL!

Stafford...talk about an interception machine...he is so over-rated.  He has a big arm, that all.  You need to stay away from the commentary of the talking heads doing the games and watched old fatty throw the picks.

TD"S 48  picks 32  great college ratio.........

Bradford 84-14

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#36 : December 11, 2008, 08:06:44 PM

LFO

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 11, 2008, 08:33:12 PM

Bradford 84-14

Tebow 65-9

LFO

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 11, 2008, 08:41:02 PM

I don't understand the love people have for Tebow on this board.

Heavy amount of Gator fans who are here in Florida is causing this,IMO.

I can't see him as a NFL QB without a lot of training. How is he going to play under center and audible from the line when he's never done it?

How often do you think, say the New England Patriots line up under center?

GoBucs40Bulls8

Starter

#39 : December 11, 2008, 08:46:06 PM

He's not worth a first round pick, if even the first day. Not a NFL-caliber player, hope he doesn't go to the Bucs.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 11, 2008, 10:23:33 PM

Thats not the point LFO. Tebow doesn't even have to read defenses and he doesn't audible. Those factors plus the fact that he has a slow windup means he won't do squat in the NFL without some major coaching.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 11, 2008, 10:32:15 PM

Thats not the point LFO. Tebow doesn't even have to read defenses and he doesn't audible. Those factors plus the fact that he has a slow windup means he won't do squat in the NFL without some major coaching.

He does have to read defenses, and many college QB's don't call audibles. 

Nobody said he is going to come out NFL ready, honestly most QB's aren't.  I'd venture to guess that the success rate of those that aren't thrust right into NFL action is higher than those that are.

He'll be a high pick based on potential and talent alone, just as many other college players will.  In the right system with the right coaching, he will have a shot to be successful.  New England would be the perfect place for him, and Belichik is known to love Tebow's skill set at QB.  Pretty sure he knows a thing or 2 about QB's. 

#42 : December 13, 2008, 11:36:40 AM

I see considerably more hate for Tebow on this board than I do love for him.

Its because You have a high Mixture of Florida State, Miami, and USF fans who

1) Have not watched a lot of him playng football

2) Have a built in hatred for him because is a Gator

3) If he were drafted by Tampa and succeeds they will have to say to all their Nole and Cane and Bull buds "our NFL QB is Tim Tebow a Gator and he is kicking a$$"

Trust me people he may have a learning curve in an NFL system but this is a kid who has been told all his life he doesnt fit...and he has done nothing but revolutionize the QB position his way

I dont want to face Tim Tebow if I am a NFL defense

#43 : December 13, 2008, 11:46:20 AM

If you say Tim Tebow ISNT a great passer...isnt a good QB...doesnt project to a high level take a look at this video

He throws 10 touchdown passes in this video a lot of them 30+ yards and hitting recievers in stride

He runs 6 TD's but only from a 10 or lower yard distance most being short yardage touchdowns

Name me a person in college football better than that??

Then you add in the leadership, the community projects he would bng to the Bay area

how could you NOT say you want him here..

Personally I believe if Jon has a chance to see this kid in a combine or a pro day I bet he would give his left leg to get him here...Talk about lightning in a bottle. The kid brings poise, grit, toughness, leadership and a HATRED for losing

Plus Jon has always wanted a Mike Vick type of QB...this is about the closest possible QB to that. He has a cannon for an arm, he runs in the 4.5-4.7 range, and he is a success on the collegate level playing in 2 national championship games

gharen

Pro Bowler

#44 : December 13, 2008, 12:35:00 PM

I know Gruden and Meyer are good friends. I'm sure Gruden has all the info he needs on Tebow. Not only do I think he will do well in the NFL, but imagine the marketing possibilities if he plays in Tampa. I guarantee the Glazers have.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow will be a 1st round draft choice « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools