Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Miss. State hires Mullen « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#45 : December 11, 2008, 07:56:12 PM

This argument reminds me of a similar argument I was reading on the Cove about Hanley Ramirez...and LFO has switched roles....;)

Difference is, I never claimed it as FACT that something happened.

Here, I simply speculated who I thought might replace Mullen.  I never once claimed that I had any information, links, etc. that Kelly was a candidate. 

Saying Kelly is a dark horse candidate, because of something you heard I assume (or did you just make it up?) is just like when I said the Marlins have discussed moving Hanley in the past...but whatever...

LFO

Hall of Famer

#46 : December 11, 2008, 08:02:39 PM

This argument reminds me of a similar argument I was reading on the Cove about Hanley Ramirez...and LFO has switched roles....;)

Difference is, I never claimed it as FACT that something happened.

Here, I simply speculated who I thought might replace Mullen.� I never once claimed that I had any information, links, etc. that Kelly was a candidate.�

Saying Kelly is a dark horse candidate, because of something you heard I assume (or did you just make it up?) is just like when I said the Marlins have discussed moving Hanley in the past...but whatever...

Making it up?

It's called my opinion. 

I never said I read a report, talked to Urban, talked to Foley, etc. 

Pretty sure I can look around at some logical choices and come to my own conclusions...that is allowed right?  I have seen his name bandied around message boards, radio, etc. here recently with regards to a lot of jobs, is it illegal for me to think he might also be a good fit for UF?  I used the word "dark horse" because of his standing at OR and the fact he is HC in waiting.  I think it is a long shot which is why I said that, but I do think logically if UF is to look outside they will look at him.

I think there is a lot of over analyzing and assuming going on in this thread. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#47 : December 11, 2008, 08:06:03 PM

I don't have any problem with what you said.  I was just messing around with you and OBF.

Why are you taking things so personal tonight? 

LFO

Hall of Famer

#48 : December 11, 2008, 08:08:38 PM

I don't have any problem with what you said.  I was just messing around with you and OBF.

I feel like crap and had a long day.

Sorry.  Just a little irritable today.  I try and play nicer....

Just seems a lot of people ( not you necessarily and not even all here) just being so stupid today......and I don't have patience today.  It must be National Stupid day or something.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#49 : December 11, 2008, 10:05:43 PM

FINE - all you stupid CROC fans can kiss my Native American behind.  My post had NOTHING to do with Florida State!  I was only giving you some input from some friends that know him first-hand.  Yeah Iowa State is not all that but there is more to the story but if you want to act like little rednecks and bring FSU into a statement be immature I could care less.  You know just because I am a Noles fan this does not mean they get blind looks.  Trickett is a joke, Mickey Andrews has to go, Jimbo Fisher is NOT the answer at OC and soon to be HC and Bobby needs to retire.  The difference between me and you CROCS is that I don't have a blind eye to things and can look at things without getting my tail up my butt.  Go ahead promote McCarney - I could care less as it would be better for me as a FU HATER anyway.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#50 : December 11, 2008, 10:05:57 PM

I don't have any problem with what you said.  I was just messing around with you and OBF.

I dont care that he brought up Chip. I just stated from the beginning if he turned down MSU to interview for HC, why would he give Florida the time of day for OC? But he never understood that so I had to repeat a million times.

Thus this should have been one reply but its a 2 page reply. Yeah Chip would do great with Tebow, and Im sure he would do even better in the Big 12 with those QB's... doesnt mean he would be an OC, somewhere else.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#51 : December 11, 2008, 10:06:55 PM

FINE - all you stupid CROC fans can kiss my Native American behind.  My post had NOTHING to do with Florida State!  I was only giving you some input from some friends that know him first-hand.  Yeah Iowa State is not all that but there is more to the story but if you want to act like little rednecks and bring FSU into a statement be immature I could care less.  You know just because I am a Noles fan this does not mean they get blind looks.  Trickett is a joke, Mickey Andrews has to go, Jimbo Fisher is NOT the answer at OC and soon to be HC and Bobby needs to retire.  The difference between me and you CROCS is that I don't have a blind eye to things and can look at things without getting my tail up my butt.  Go ahead promote McCarney - I could care less as it would be better for me as a FU HATER anyway.

LOL

So much hate, so little content. 

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#52 : December 11, 2008, 10:07:29 PM

I don't have any problem with what you said.  I was just messing around with you and OBF.

I feel like crap and had a long day.

Sorry.  Just a little irritable today.  I try and play nicer....

Just seems a lot of people ( not you necessarily and not even all here) just being so stupid today......and I don't have patience today.  It must be National Stupid day or something.

That sucks, I had that day yesterday. Let it go. You bringing up Chip didnt bother me, because I know he isnt going anywhere, so you didnt take my blanket. Had it been 7 days ago things would be different.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#53 : December 11, 2008, 10:09:10 PM

I don't have any problem with what you said. �I was just messing around with you and OBF.

Why are you taking things so personal tonight? �

I dont care that he brought up Chip. I just stated from the beginning if he turned down MSU to interview for HC, why would he give Florida the time of day for OC? But he never understood that so I had to repeat a million times.

Thus this should have been one reply but its a 2 page reply. Yeah Chip would do great with Tebow, and Im sure he would do even better in the Big 12 with those QB's... doesnt mean he would be an OC, somewhere else.

And I simply said he's a longshot candidate that will be brought up.  You couldn't seem to handle that, and acted like I said it was set in stone he was leaving.

I think we'll go within, but I do think they'll discuss Kelly.

What the hell is wrong with me saying that? Does it hurt you?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#54 : December 11, 2008, 10:12:51 PM

If we are being honest here, Oregon has never won a NC and has 3 PAC10 titles to their credit in history of PAC10.  Sure, they put up a good offense sometimes but they are not an elite program.  Perhaps Kelly is happy there and he won't leave, but someone saying he might be brought and is a longshot/dark horse candidate for a job at an elite program is not out of the realm of possibility.  Certainly not worth 2 pages of arguing. 

That's all I am saying.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#55 : December 12, 2008, 12:27:38 AM

If we are being honest here, Oregon has never won a NC and has 3 PAC10 titles to their credit in history of PAC10.  Sure, they put up a good offense sometimes but they are not an elite program.  Perhaps Kelly is happy there and he won't leave, but someone saying he might be brought and is a longshot/dark horse candidate for a job at an elite program is not out of the realm of possibility.  Certainly not worth 2 pages of arguing. 

That's all I am saying.

To be honest Oregons been a good football team since 1994. Not long, and the pac-10 prior to that was stacked.

Since 2000, they have had 2 championship caliber teams.

Since their facilties have been built they have been competitive on the national level. Its been only 4 or so years of Oregon having top 25 recruiting classes.

Oregons offense is elite. And Oregon football every few years can be elite. And with the continuing improvement in recruiting they can and will compete for national titles. They put up a good offense sometimes? Crowton is a OC for LSU, prior to that Ludwick (OC at Utah, although IMO he sucked), Jeff Tedford, Al Borges, etc. Teams look highly at obviously Oregon  offensive coordinators. Oregon for a while has had good offenses.

And in the last 2 years Oregon has had probably the best offenses... almost every RB since 2000 for Oregon has gone to the NFL, not to mention QB's.

Florida is god, I know but hate to break it to you... Oregon HC is more ELITE then any OC job.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#56 : December 12, 2008, 08:12:30 PM

That's all I am saying.

To be honest Oregons been a good football team since 1994. Not long, and the pac-10 prior to that was stacked.

Since their facilties have been built they have been competitive on the national level. Its been only 4 or so years of Oregon having top 25 recruiting classes.

Oregons offense is elite. And Oregon football every few years can be elite. And with the continuing improvement in recruiting they can and will compete for national titles. They put up a good offense sometimes? Crowton is a OC for LSU, prior to that Ludwick (OC at Utah, although IMO he sucked), Jeff Tedford, Al Borges, etc. Teams look highly at obviously Oregon  offensive coordinators. Oregon for a while has had good offenses.

And in the last 2 years Oregon has had probably the best offenses... almost every RB since 2000 for Oregon has gone to the NFL, not to mention QB's.

Florida is god, I know but hate to break it to you... Oregon HC is more ELITE then any OC job.

Again, here is where reading comprehension comes in.  Nobody said Oregon head coach wasn't a good job, or worse than an OC job at UF.

But last I checked, Kelly was not the HC, and won't be for at least a couple of years.  A lot could change between now and then. 

Oregon is an average program at best, over the last 20 years.  That's not an insult, just the facts. 

OC @ UF > OC @ OR

If you disagree with that, then well, might as well stop now as it's not even worth it.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#57 : December 12, 2008, 09:00:53 PM

That's all I am saying.

Again, here is where reading comprehension comes in.  Nobody said Oregon head coach wasn't a good job, or worse than an OC job at UF.

But last I checked, Kelly was not the HC, and won't be for at least a couple of years.  A lot could change between now and then. 

Oregon is an average program at best, over the last 20 years.  That's not an insult, just the facts. 

OC @ UF > OC @ OR

If you disagree with that, then well, might as well stop now as it's not even worth it.

Kelly is coach by 2010 fact

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#58 : December 13, 2008, 10:25:57 AM

this whole argument is crazy imo.   its all a matter of personal opinion.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

LFO

Hall of Famer

#59 : December 13, 2008, 11:05:19 AM

this whole argument is crazy imo.   its all a matter of personal opinion.

I'd agree with this also.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Miss. State hires Mullen « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools