Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Miss. State hires Mullen « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#60 : December 13, 2008, 01:16:28 PM

Back to the topic.

Strong is not leaving. O'Leary is staying.

Mullen will coach in the NC if Meyer lets him.

-Chase

Our fans suck!

LFO

Hall of Famer

#61 : December 13, 2008, 01:46:41 PM

Back to the topic.

Already been covered, but thanks for the recap.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#62 : December 13, 2008, 04:28:02 PM

this whole argument is crazy imo.   its all a matter of personal opinion.

LOL ...99% of ALL arguments on an Internet message board are personal opinion ... but thanks for clearing that up in case there any newbies hanging around.  ::)

LFO

Hall of Famer

#63 : December 13, 2008, 04:35:39 PM

this whole argument is crazy imo.   its all a matter of personal opinion.

LOL ...99% of ALL arguments on an Internet message board are personal opinion ...

One of the rare times I agree with you.

LIKE OMG!@

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#64 : December 14, 2008, 03:14:49 AM

Back to the topic.

Already been covered, but thanks for the recap.
Didn't read through all the usually billcrap. ;)

-Chase

Our fans suck!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#65 : December 14, 2008, 10:43:56 AM

Tebow says Mullen is unlikely to call plays in the NC game, and that the plays may be called by committee???

LFO

Hall of Famer

#66 : December 14, 2008, 11:11:49 AM

Gotta love CFB.

Play your biggest game 1 month after the season, and perhaps with several coaches gone.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#67 : December 14, 2008, 11:49:21 AM

this whole argument is crazy imo.� �its all a matter of personal opinion.

LOL ...99% of ALL arguments on an Internet message board are personal opinion ...

LIKE OMG!@

I think it's virtually impossible to not agree with someone on EVERYTHING ..... and I will go on record that I vehemently disagree with you on the use of "LIKE OMG!@".

LFO

Hall of Famer

#68 : December 14, 2008, 02:36:07 PM

LIKE OMG!@

I think it's virtually impossible to not agree with someone on EVERYTHING ..... and I will go on record that I vehemently disagree with you on the use of "LIKE OMG!@".

ever heard of sarcasm?

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#69 : December 14, 2008, 05:41:43 PM

LIKE OMG!@

ever heard of sarcasm?

Yes ... have you?  ;)

LFO

Hall of Famer

#70 : December 14, 2008, 06:39:36 PM

LIKE OMG!@

ever heard of sarcasm?

Yes ... have you?  ;)

LIKE OMG......NO!

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#71 : December 14, 2008, 09:21:04 PM

A.  Why would you leave being a UF O.C. to be a H.C. at Miss. State? IMO that's a backwards move. With an offense like that, at such a big time program, you don't go to a bush league program to be the H.C.

B.  That's pretty lousy for Mullen not to be calling the plays. IDK who made that decision but if it was Mullen then he definitely turned his back on his players.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#72 : December 14, 2008, 09:47:25 PM

Mullen is already recruiting for Miss. St., and recruiting guys the GATORS were.  There is a direct conflict of interest and I am not sure how he could coach the team.  He cannot commit full time to this team now, so it would be a disservice to have him try and put together a game plan and call plays when he is out doing a job for another team. 

It was probably a collective decision by all involved for Mullen to move on.

Mullen got a HEFTY raise to got o Miss. St.  There are $6 million guaranteed reasons why he left.  I can't blame him for leaving....I just wish IF college is going to have these bowl games, call them a championship...then coaches should not be able to leave and take jobs before the season is over.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#73 : December 14, 2008, 09:53:18 PM

A.  Why would you leave being a UF O.C. to be a H.C. at Miss. State? IMO that's a backwards move. With an offense like that, at such a big time program, you don't go to a bush league program to be the H.C.

:-X

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#74 : December 15, 2008, 10:04:09 AM

On the surface it might be puzzling, but I think he knows he can win there.  He thinks he can get recruits there (look at USF). 

What's the look at USF part about?   You really think mid-major program has the same kind of pull as a BcS program?  Might as well compare UCF to UF or The U.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Miss. State hires Mullen « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools