Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiper's New Big Board Top 5 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#15 : January 09, 2007, 12:32:36 AM

WHo did Phillip Rivers beat in College?  Or Ben Roethlisburger?  Or Jay Cutler?

This is the most overused cliche.  A lot of great QB's played for mediocre college teams.   Quinn's o-line sucked this year.  Is he overrated?  Probably.  But he should be evaluated on more than his perforamance in a few games against teams with superior players.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 09, 2007, 12:34:05 AM

Agree to disagree I guess.  I'm all for Thomas by the way.  We don't need a rookie QB with Gruden at HC.  We just need a line that can block, a QB that doesn't turn the ball over, and a defense that will tackle.   Those three things will get the Bucs to the playoffs in 07.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 09, 2007, 01:11:47 AM

Quinn or Russell would be mistakes.

after tonights performance, I would take a winning QB with a history of going up against a tough D.....but not in the first round, not with the talent out there.......... I would like to see Leak taken mid - late 2nd round though.....

I would be shocked if Leaked even sniffed the first day.  I imagine he will end up a late-round safety project somewhere.

Pulling Guard

Second String

#18 : January 09, 2007, 03:26:05 AM

I'm a gator alum, but please...no Leak. And he's no safety. Not athletic enough. He might stick as a late(5-6-7) round pick and be someone's #3.

#19 : January 09, 2007, 03:32:08 AM

You never turn down a chance at a franchise QB.

Are there any francise QBs in this draft ?

Quote from: naplesbuc

This is the most overused cliche.  A lot of great QB's played for mediocre college teams.   Quinn's o-line sucked this year.  Is he overrated?  Probably.  But he should be evaluated on more than his perforamance in a few games against teams with superior players.

Good points, but I'd still take Thomas or Johnson. A rookie QB won't help win any games in '07. Thomas or Johnson would contribute right away.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#20 : January 09, 2007, 06:18:01 AM

They all looked better with less around them.......

watson

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 09, 2007, 06:49:44 AM

The thing I think we need to keep in mind when looking at the draft is what Bruce Allen said in his end of year PC.  He identified 2 areas that were the main problems:  QB Play and Defending the QB. 

If they do believe that....and based on the play this year you have to believe they do.....then unless they get help in FA in these 2 areas then you would have to think that they will address them early in the draft. 

And the other thing he said was he was more worried about 2007, 2008 and 2009.  If his is a long term view then drafting a QB in round 1 is not out of the question.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 09, 2007, 08:45:33 AM

1.  Calvin Johnson  (WR Georgia Tech)
2.  Brady Quinn  (QB Notre Dame)
3.  Joe Thomas  (OT Wisconson)
4.  Jamarcus Russell  (QB LSU)
5.  Jamaal Anderson  (DE Arkansas)

Really nothing shocking there except for Gaines Adams falling.

He's said all along that he'd move Anderson ahead of Adams if he came out so this isn't really shocking.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#23 : January 09, 2007, 08:48:58 AM

I wonder where Jarvin Moss would sit if he comes out as an underclassmen?

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 09, 2007, 08:52:38 AM

1. Calvin Johnson (WR Georgia Tech)
2. Brady Quinn (QB Notre Dame)
3. Joe Thomas (OT Wisconson)
4. Jamarcus Russell (QB LSU)
5. Jamaal Anderson (DE Arkansas)

Really nothing shocking there except for Gaines Adams falling.

Where is this from? On his website and ESPN his last update was from Jan 4th and his next update is Jan. 19th ???

Baghead #2

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 09, 2007, 08:59:26 AM

I think we need to trade up into #2, especially if we lose the coin flip.  Rice, and our #1 for Detroits #1. :thumbsup:  Then we will get Thomas or CJ no matter what.  I am afraid Oak likes CJ, and Det. will go Thomas, so unless Al Davis really likes Jamarcus it will be a risk sitting lower than 2.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 09, 2007, 09:06:55 AM

I think we need to trade up into #2, especially if we lose the coin flip.  Rice, and our #1 for Detroits #1. :thumbsup:  Then we will get Thomas or CJ no matter what.  I am afraid Oak likes CJ, and Det. will go Thomas, so unless Al Davis really likes Jamarcus it will be a risk sitting lower than 2.

So our "risk" is being able to draft a franchise QB? Oh boo-hooo.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

watson

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 09, 2007, 09:14:50 AM

I think we need to trade up into #2, especially if we lose the coin flip. Rice, and our #1 for Detroits #1. :thumbsup: Then we will get Thomas or CJ no matter what. I am afraid Oak likes CJ, and Det. will go Thomas, so unless Al Davis really likes Jamarcus it will be a risk sitting lower than 2.

So our "risk" is being able to draft a franchise QB? Oh boo-hooo.
Agree.  That is no risk......at that point you may be looking at another team wanting one of the QBs even if the Bucs don't and that can't be a bad thing.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

#28 : January 09, 2007, 09:19:26 AM

Thanks.

I wonder if Troy Smith hurt his stock tonight? He looks very oridnary.

I don't know just how high his stock has been.  He won't go in the first round, will he?

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#29 : January 09, 2007, 09:27:24 AM

We are in a very good position, even if we have the 4th overall. Yes, we could end up 'stuck' drafting a franchise QB. My what a problem to have.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiper's New Big Board Top 5 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools