Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More 1st and Goal on the 2 yard line « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

DavyJonesLocker

Starter

#90 : December 13, 2008, 11:45:15 AM

The movement of Garcia may not be designed, but it is not just a disadvantage for the offense.  As this chaotic movement is also a disadvantage for the defense which is surprisingly overlooked in this thread.

Apparently our red zone efficiency completely disagrees with you.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#91 : December 13, 2008, 12:17:22 PM

So I firmly disagree with the notion that Garcia moving around is a detriment in the red zone.  In fact based on Steckel's results in the red zone in 2000 it should be a common place, and a focus on the running game compliments this as well.

Unfortunately....the design of a lot of the playcalling doesn't include the QB movement. Garcia bails early and not to the team's benefit.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#92 : December 13, 2008, 12:18:17 PM

The movement of Garcia may not be designed, but it is not just a disadvantage for the offense. 

...and this is demonstrative in what way?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#93 : December 13, 2008, 12:29:42 PM

I agree with 1. Run Askew, 2.  Run Caddy and would only change #3 in play action fake pumping and having Peanut run reverse around the end since he's the fastest person on the team...with option to throw, of course.  Or use that play instead of one or two.

DavyJonesLocker

Starter

#94 : December 13, 2008, 12:35:09 PM

I agree with 1. Run Askew, 2.  Run Caddy and would only change #3 in play action fake pumping and having Peanut run reverse around the end since he's the fastest person on the team...with option to throw, of course.  Or use that play instead of one or two.
It wasn't a bad play call on 3rd down. I'm not usually the type of person who beats the Jon Gruden drum. The play call was fine, and it worked, 2 targets were wide open. Jeff screwed the pooch.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#95 : December 13, 2008, 12:41:58 PM

If you look at the end zone angle, Smith clearly has a step on his defender and was open. Smith, who has dropped his share of passes at TE in his career, solidly got one hand on the ball (two hands eventually). Most TEs will catch that ball 60 to 70% of the time.

fixed it

DavyJonesLocker

Starter

#96 : December 13, 2008, 12:43:49 PM

If you look at the end zone angle, Smith clearly has a step on his defender and was open. Smith, who has dropped his share of passes at TE in his career, solidly got one hand on the ball (two hands eventually). Most TEs will catch that ball 60 to 70% of the time.

fixed it
OK, thanks....you have just proven to me you don't ever deserve another well thought out football response from me with this post. Activate ignore ChronicHotLever

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#97 : December 13, 2008, 12:59:11 PM

and having Peanut run reverse around the end since he's the fastest person on the team...

what was his 40 time?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#98 : December 13, 2008, 01:19:59 PM

and having Peanut run reverse around the end since he's the fastest person on the team...

what was his 40 time?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72810&draftyear=2008&genpos=RB

4.56.  He's quick, not fast.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#99 : December 13, 2008, 02:55:23 PM

With first and goal at the 2 and a half the team should be able to execute just about any play in the book successfully - with a vet qb capable of avoiding the bad play against the defensive scheme.  Just sayin'

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More 1st and Goal on the 2 yard line « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools