Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Suspensions not be announced till after SB « previous next »
Page: 1

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
: December 12, 2008, 09:54:03 AM

This was mishandled by the league from the very beginning (based on what I've read).

It could have been taken care of weeks ago.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 11, 2008, 06:35:24 PM

Per PFT

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 11, 2008, 06:44:42 PM

...another Goodell classic screw up.

Look, it is real simple.  You kick the guys out NOW, because they are reaping the rewards of using a banned substance as an edge.  Who cares if it screws up the playoff picture?  The guys cheated...it will teach the players to be more honorable, and it will make them goats. 

Kick them out NOW.  Doing so next year is lame.  Goodell sucks.  He is a total sham, no different than ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS RUN THE NFL.  He just blusters harder.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 11, 2008, 07:00:44 PM

Boid the league did try to suspend them and a judge blocked it. Goodell tried but the player's union almost always get their way.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 11, 2008, 07:04:47 PM

Boid the league did try to suspend them and a judge blocked it. Goodell tried but the player's union almost always get their way.
..True that.  Good point.  Still not a fan of Roger though.  Anything to bash him and his fakeness (lol).

Players Union is a sham as well.  Good for the players, does nothing for the Shield.

#5 : December 11, 2008, 08:05:02 PM

NO, we want the players to stay.   We need Minnesota to defeat Atlanta and the NY Giants.   And we NEED New Orleans to defeat Carolina.   

#6 : December 12, 2008, 10:39:58 AM

I heard on Sirius that the league knew 1. the supplement had the banned substance in it 2. the substance wasn't on the label and 3. Didn't tell the NFLPA or players...

I agree with Unc,  the league pooched this one pretty good.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#7 : December 11, 2008, 11:23:45 PM

so next year they're suspended...thats actually better for us as we may be playing one of those teams.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 12, 2008, 06:34:39 AM

I like it.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 12, 2008, 06:40:48 AM

This is a joke, especially when you consider that 2 of the players (Williams x 2) are the heartbeat of the Vikings. Without them they don't make the playoffs.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 12, 2008, 07:31:36 AM

My question is about Charles Grant, who was supposed to be serving his suspension while he's on IR. Does this mean he's gonna be ineligible for the first 4 games next year? I hope so.

Worst case scenario, we could play both Minnesota and NO in the first 4 weeks next year. If we finish second to Carolina we'll get the second place finishers in the NFC North (which I believe will be Minnesota) and the NFC West (San Francisco). Maybe we'll get SF here for a change.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 12, 2008, 08:42:34 AM

bump

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 12, 2008, 08:50:53 AM

I heard this morning that the judge making the decision is from Minnesota and a viking fan...no lie, heard it on local radio this morning on my drive to work.

that makes sense then...

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#13 : December 12, 2008, 09:06:43 AM

Thats a stupid precedent thats gonna hurt the league in banned substance suspensions in the future.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Suspensions not be announced till after SB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools