Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Troy Smith looked average « previous next »
Page: 1

: January 09, 2007, 08:21:27 AM

against strong Defensive football teams....Illinois/Florida/Michigan

My guess he will not be a good NFL QB

At this point I would take Chris "freaking" Leak before this clown

Didint see much of Ginn but the play I saw he looks really quick and bigger than I thought

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 09, 2007, 08:30:52 AM

I think average would be giving him too much credit. He looked AWFUL and couldn't recognize what Florida was doing.

replica

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 09, 2007, 08:35:12 AM

Ohio State looked bad last night, there's no other way of putting it...except awful maybe..

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 09, 2007, 08:43:29 AM

I'm not sure how "average" he looked vs UM - 4 TD's, 701% completion % and 316 yards but he was pitiful last night.

OSU as a team was. There's no way you watched and that and could imagine how they were the #1 overall team all year. I mean either they all had the flu or that had to be the most grossly over-rated team in history becuase that wasn't even a game.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 09, 2007, 08:56:48 AM

Well he had a nightmare last night.

He looked great against Michigan, not sure which game you are talking about there ???

Very unimpressive but so was Ben Rothelisberger in his effort to play against the "big guys" from Iowa his senior year, same for Culpepper against Auburn. If you look at Troy Smiths' body of work its excellent. Last night was a nightmare for a variety of reasons, mainly UF's defense but I wouldn't write him off just yet. I think its great that we will be coaching at the senior bowl and Gruden will have a good look at him. I also am glad he played poorly. I think he will be there in the 2nd round for sure now, just my .02

Baghead #2

#5 : January 09, 2007, 08:59:23 AM

If he's really 5'10", thats gonna hurt him big time.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 09, 2007, 09:06:38 AM

Yeah I think its safe to say that Smith took a step backwards last night. If he played well he would have been in that 15-25 range but after this performance a lot of people are not going to take a chance on him with their 1st round pick. Not saying we should take Smith but if Gruden coaches him up at the senior bowl and the build a relationship then maybe in R2 there could be that possibility.

Baghead #2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 09, 2007, 09:08:13 AM

If he's really 5'10", thats gonna hurt him big time.

6' doesn't help him a lot. I know you can run the Drew Brees bit out there but that is one of 32 but anything less than 6' becomes a killer and 5'10" might move him to day 2.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 09, 2007, 09:13:20 AM

I agree this game (lasting impression) and his height will be major problems for Smith.

Baghead #2

STERN11354

Starter

#9 : January 09, 2007, 11:47:50 AM

I agree this game (lasting impression) and his height will be major problems for Smith.

If that is the case for Smith then Leak is in for a world of trouble since he is smaller than Smith.  Smith runs a pro style offense while Leak runs the fun & fun offense.  I think Smith will be a better qb than Leak will be in the pros.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 09, 2007, 11:54:37 AM

If that is the case for Smith then Leak is in for a world of trouble since he is smaller than Smith.  Smith runs a pro style offense while Leak runs the fun & fun offense.  I think Smith will be a better qb than Leak will be in the pros.

I don't think anyone thinks Leak is a pro QB. Smith OTOH had some buzz working that he could take the Drew Brees angle into the late r1 early R2 thing.

#11 : January 09, 2007, 11:58:26 AM

If that is the case for Smith then Leak is in for a world of trouble since he is smaller than Smith.

Leak is 6'0"  ;)

STERN11354

Starter

#12 : January 09, 2007, 12:00:15 PM

Smith is 6'2" > Leak is 6'0".

#13 : January 09, 2007, 12:02:25 PM

Smith is 6'2" > Leak is 6'0".

Smith is 5'10.5 according to Fox lastnight.  Every draft site I have seen lists him at under 6'0".

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 09, 2007, 12:05:00 PM

Smith is 6-2 in high heels - maybe.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Troy Smith looked average « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools