Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You make the call « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#105 : December 14, 2008, 11:17:01 AM

Griese's had some runs (on 3rd and 3 against GB) but maybe those are counting kneel downs too.

That's possible MBF.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

DavyJonesLocker

Starter

#106 : December 14, 2008, 11:20:34 AM

The thread is a specious piece of crap. Our sack numbers are middle of the league. How they happen or why is only a question in the minds of people driven by ridiculous agendas.
So you accept being in the middle of the League, when we could be one of the best in the League? You also think it's OK for people to blame the O-line for all the Sacks, when clearly some are the QB's fault?

The thread is a specious piece of crap.
Yet you keep posting in it.

DavyJonesLocker

Starter

#107 : December 14, 2008, 11:25:58 AM

Griese's had some runs (on 3rd and 3 against GB) but maybe those are counting kneel downs too.
Kneel downs are officially -1 rushing yard.

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#108 : December 14, 2008, 11:27:26 AM

Somebody has to be in the middle. I haven't said a word about how our 25 sacks are the QB or the OL's fault. It is what it is.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

DavyJonesLocker

Starter

#109 : December 14, 2008, 11:32:09 AM

I haven't said a word about how our 25 sacks are the QB or the OL's fault.
Yet you are posting in a thread that has to do with exactly that. Maybe you are posting to just argue with people? I'm not sure of your motivation and tendencies, but that's what it would seem like.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#110 : December 14, 2008, 11:33:42 AM

I know, someone said Griese had 5 runs for -1 yard. He definitely had 1 rush for 3 yards, so say the other 4 are kneel downs and you come to that figure.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#111 : December 14, 2008, 11:35:14 AM

I know, someone said Griese had 5 runs for -1 yard. He definitely had 1 rush for 3 yards, so say the other 4 are kneel downs and you come to that figure.

Sounds right to me...

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#112 : December 14, 2008, 11:37:10 AM

Not at all. I am simply pointing out that the thread is ridiculous. It's dumb and irrelevant. Who has been complaining about our sack numbers? **crickets**

It was created as a device to take a shot at Garcia, in case you hadn't noticed. But you've been around for about 10 minutes so, you probably didn't know that.

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#113 : December 14, 2008, 11:37:51 AM

This is all moot anyway because I'll bet Griese gets sacked today and that will skew all the numbers.

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#114 : December 14, 2008, 11:38:38 AM

Sounds right to me...

Me too. I was just curious about it.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#115 : December 14, 2008, 11:38:47 AM

Pass protection hasn't really been a problem, the run blocking needs to improve.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#116 : December 14, 2008, 02:42:58 PM

I was motivated to do a little research by this little exchange:
A lot of those sacks have been caused by Garcia when there was a clean pocket.

Garcia has saved a lot more sacks by his scrambling than he has caused.   

This line is underperforming given how much the Bucs have invested in draft picks and salary on that unit.

This is one of those arguments that seems to be rehashed a lot, the Jeffricans claiming it's all the line, and the realists claiming that Jeff is causing the breakdowns in pass pro.

Fortunately, with the miracle of modern technology, we can test this situation!  We have something else to compare to.  Namely, one gawd-awful QB named Brian Griese. 

So is it the line that is screwing up pass pro, or is it the QB?

Garcia = 9 games started 20 sacks = 2.2 sacks/game
Griese = 4 games started 5 sacks = 1.25 sacks/game

Garcia = 309 pass attemprs 20 sacks = 1 sack/15.45 attempts
Griese = 147 attempts 5 sacks = 1 sack/29.4 attempts

You make the call.
Add two more to your stats. So far...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#117 : December 14, 2008, 08:26:41 PM

Yeah...Griese is great under duress...lol!

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#118 : December 15, 2008, 10:38:10 AM

So let's re-do the math here. Garcia has 20 sacks in 9 games and Griese has 9 in 5 games.

That's 1.8 per game for Griese and 2.2 for Garcia. Oh and Griese's sacks per game went from 1 in 30 to 1 in 20.

So which is it? You make the call...lol

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#119 : December 15, 2008, 08:45:56 PM

What is the sense of having three QB's if all your going to do is play two. If you don't give the third on a chance then cut him and let him go and get a freaking heavy duty running back. I am tired of seeing the same two week after week and at least let us see the #3 at the helm. I know if we have a bigger back then maybe we can bust some holes... Dunn is small and quick as well as Carnell but we need a bruiser for a back...JMVHO...OBD

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You make the call « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools