Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Heisman 3 « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

LFO

Hall of Famer

#75 : December 15, 2008, 05:32:04 PM

I go to UF actually. I just didn't fall in love with Tebow. I was born and raised in Michigan so I have to stay with them.

I just think with how they played on the field, Bradford was better at the position. I mean leading your team to the most points scored ever is pretty good.
You go to UF, but yet someone here believes you're always negative about YOUR school?

HUH? Just because I go there doesn't mean I have to love the football team. He said I hate on the Gaotrs, not the school as a whole.

I call B.S.

I've met A LOT of UF students. My girl went there and I've spent a lot of time there.

I've met UF students that aren't "football fans" but I've NEVER met a UF student that doesn't root for the Gators.

You don't go to a school like that and not like the football team.

What exactly are you calling B.S on? That bookert goes to UF? That he does go there and really does like the football team and is just lying about it? I'm sure it's the rarest of rare birds but it's not inconceivable that someone has grown up a big fan of another college team and doesn't leave that behind even when he goes to a different university with a football program .... even if that university is God's gift to college football, the University of Florida.

I surprised even myself by finding a way to say that without invoking the "a" word when it comes to Gator fans.� �;)

First, Krazy is not a Gator fan.  He may have learned to like them given his obvious (g/f) connection, but he isn't a Gator fan.

I know Krazy is a ND fan but there's no law that says that you have be a fan of only one team, especially when there are girlfriends involved ...  ;)

2nd, not that it means a whole lot, but I know several Nole's who (surprisingly got in) went to UF and by the time they left, they at the very least tolerated/rooted for UF when not playing FSU.

You're right, it doesn't mean a lot because I specifically said that bookert is the rarest of rare birds by going to a university with the stature of UF's football team and not forsaking his old collegiate allegiance to become a fan...

I do find it hard to believe any sports fan could go to any school (not just UF, ok?) and by the time they leave not at least PULL for that team, outside of perhaps when they are playing the team they grew up liking.

And why exactly would bookert be lying about this?

I never suggested he was lying.  I am well aware of his allegiences, hence why I said I have never seen him say a good thing about UF.  I also never suggested he should lose his allegiance to Michigan. 

I guess he is a rare bird....on this board alone, snook, runole are others who attended other schools and rooted for their team.  Sure there are many more.  But as I said, it doesn't mean anything.  He is his own guy, and I never said he was a liar or anything else.

Let me ask you a question, if I decide today that I want to be a fan of USF (for whatever reason), does that mean that from this day forward everything I say is representative of USF fans?

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#76 : December 15, 2008, 10:22:16 PM

I go to UF actually. I just didn't fall in love with Tebow. I was born and raised in Michigan so I have to stay with them.

I just think with how they played on the field, Bradford was better at the position. I mean leading your team to the most points scored ever is pretty good.
You go to UF, but yet someone here believes you're always negative about YOUR school?

HUH? Just because I go there doesn't mean I have to love the football team. He said I hate on the Gaotrs, not the school as a whole.

I call B.S.

I've met A LOT of UF students. My girl went there and I've spent a lot of time there.

I've met UF students that aren't "football fans" but I've NEVER met a UF student that doesn't root for the Gators.

You don't go to a school like that and not like the football team.

What exactly are you calling B.S on? That bookert goes to UF? That he does go there and really does like the football team and is just lying about it? I'm sure it's the rarest of rare birds but it's not inconceivable that someone has grown up a big fan of another college team and doesn't leave that behind even when he goes to a different university with a football program .... even if that university is God's gift to college football, the University of Florida.

I surprised even myself by finding a way to say that without invoking the "a" word when it comes to Gator fans.� �;)

First, Krazy is not a Gator fan.� He may have learned to like them given his obvious (g/f) connection, but he isn't a Gator fan.

I know Krazy is a ND fan but there's no law that says that you have be a fan of only one team, especially when there are girlfriends involved ...� ;)

2nd, not that it means a whole lot, but I know several Nole's who (surprisingly got in) went to UF and by the time they left, they at the very least tolerated/rooted for UF when not playing FSU.

You're right, it doesn't mean a lot because I specifically said that bookert is the rarest of rare birds by going to a university with the stature of UF's football team and not forsaking his old collegiate allegiance to become a fan...

I do find it hard to believe any sports fan could go to any school (not just UF, ok?) and by the time they leave not at least PULL for that team, outside of perhaps when they are playing the team they grew up liking.

And why exactly would bookert be lying about this?

I never suggested he was lying.

No, but Krazy did and that's who I originally responded to and what this whole thing is about...

LFO

Hall of Famer

#77 : December 15, 2008, 10:43:09 PM

Let me ask you a question, if I decide today that I want to be a fan of USF (for whatever reason), does that mean that from this day forward everything I say is representative of USF fans?

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#78 : December 16, 2008, 10:20:34 AM

LOL .... what's that got to with Krazy calling bookert a liar??

LFO

Hall of Famer

#79 : December 16, 2008, 07:10:17 PM

Did I say it did?

But it might have something to do with you taking what krazy said as an "a" gator fan.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#80 : December 16, 2008, 08:19:03 PM

Did I say it did?

But it might have something to do with you taking what krazy said as an "a" gator fan.

I wouldn't call Krazy an "a" Gator fan because ND is his first team .... He's more like a "b" Gator fan.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#81 : December 16, 2008, 08:24:05 PM

LOL

Anyway, back to the Heisman....I don't have an issue with Bradford winning, as I said all 3 were probably deserving.  What I think is bogus is 20% of voters leaving Tebow OFF the ballot entirely. 

I think it's pretty obvious a lot of the voters in Big12 area were determined to make sure Tebow did not win (and one of their guys did), which is pretty bush league IMO.

Hopefully the Heisman curse makes up for it and UF wins big for the more important trophy.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#82 : December 16, 2008, 09:27:04 PM

LOL

Anyway, back to the Heisman....I don't have an issue with Bradford winning, as I said all 3 were probably deserving.  What I think is bogus is 20% of voters leaving Tebow OFF the ballot entirely. 

I think it's pretty obvious a lot of the voters in Big12 area were determined to make sure Tebow did not win (and one of their guys did), which is pretty bush league IMO.

Hopefully the Heisman curse makes up for it and UF wins big for the more important trophy.

Looks like it's Heisman Curse vs The Sports Illustrated Cover Curse .......
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Heisman 3 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools